Think positive thoughts... think positive thoughts...

OK - question for all the gurus out there. For over a decade I've hovered around a 15-16 handicap. Last year started with a slump like I've never ever had. Despite being the biggest eternal optimist anyone in my circle has ever seen, I never once broke out of it and that slump lasted all year long. I think I may have hit 20-21 at the end of the season! Much of the time it looked like I didn't know what I was doing. Won't be the case this year... yeah - that's right! hehehehe...

I'm a Ping iron guy. Played Ping Eye 2, for years, picked up a set of i3 used to get more modern at some point and in 2008 I bought a set of new Ping i10 irons to celebrate the new job.

I always read that the G series is a more 'forgiving' set. I managed to steal a set from a co-worker for a very small sum... thinking that by taking them out this year, if even for a handful of games, I can get that stupid head of mine screwed back on straight. Changing them up, you know?

The Eye 2, i3 and i10 all "look" the same when standing over them. The G10 looks a bit different and maybe that's all I need to mix things up. What ARE the theoretical advantages/disadvantages to the I versus G irons?

Last little question - the 5 iron is missing its "badge" on the back. Does anyone know if it's just a plastic disk or is it actually weighted? I know I could ask the pro at my part-time course, but I know you'll have an answer much faster!

Thanks guys for whatever feedback you can send my way!

Mike