100 Holes of Hope
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Glorious day at Outaouais. Greens very nice and rolling well, fairways are good with a few dry spots,nothing to worry about.
    I'M always very impressed with the course and will be going back a few times this season.

Lob Wedge Dodge is on a distinguished road
    Golfed Pineview Camp course last Saturday. Greens are toast.

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Anybody been to Stonebridge yet ?
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Ace DecoyOctopus is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilster View Post
    Anybody been to Stonebridge yet ?

Nope, course looks great only 9 holes. Back 9 opens on Wednesday.

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Sorcier dry anyone?
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Medalist faldo is on a distinguished road faldo's Avatar
    Totally agreed at Cloverdale. Today was their usual 2/1 Monday & we still got around in under 4 hours which was nice BUT the greens were just ssooooooo bad.

Not heading back until mid-June

Driver Golfer100 is on a distinguished road
    Falcon Ridge - played on May 6, 2013. Course is in decent condition for this time of year. Good pace of play, 4 1/4 hours.

Bogie iggsplode is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfer100 View Post
    OMG!!! why didn't I listen to you. Just got off the course, April 29th. This is not a golf course, terrible greens, all 18 of them, wet fairways, debris all over the course, and track marks everywhere. On April 30th a company is coming in to completely re-seed every green. DON"T pay to play!!!
    made this mistake last saturday.. first and last time ill be playing champlain this year.. no warning or heads up, just the suprise of seeing that all the greens and tee boxes are completely dead!!

Medalist faldo is on a distinguished road faldo's Avatar
    GLEN MAR today was an unexpected bonus. Easily the best conditions of the 7 courses I've played this Spring.

Almost needs watering...so lush!

Only $20 for their Spring Special.....

Medalist cleek is on a distinguished road
    played Renfrew today , very nice shape for this time of the year. Lots of watering and work being done on course ,well worth the drive... 3hour round was a bonus

Gap Wedge Steerpike is on a distinguished road
    I played Equinelle today and it is already almost in mid season form- fairways like carpets and unblemished greens. The only thing left to do is to make the greens a little faster, which I am sure they will be able to do soon. I have played 7 courses so far and Equinelle is in the best shape right now with Renfrew a very close second.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Has anyone played Loch March yet?

Gotta Post Break68 is on a distinguished road Break68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fundonny View Post
    Sorcier dry anyone?
    Sorcier is dry, played there last Sunday.
    Some browned out fairways, greens were a bit slow and long, they needed a trim, but in very good shape. Back nine greens better than front nine greens. The greens had not been cut yet as of Sunday, they said they were cutting them on Monday which would have been Monday May 6.
    One fairway was a bit wet. The course is in great shape for spring and very dry. We played the Blues and I played the best golf of the season so far. A great course, I will play there again.
    Obviously you're not a golfer.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I am playing there Sunday.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Any one played Chateau Cartier and or Mont Cascades? I suspect CC is not in good shape seeing they are across the street from Champlain and probably were subjected to the same weather conditions as the latter. Hopefully it is in better shape tahn Champlain, I assume they actually take better care of their course.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

4 Iron Keals is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    Any one played Chateau Cartier and or Mont Cascades?
    I was wondering the same about Cascade.....I'm heading out there tomorrow morning, weather permitting. I'll give you an update on conditions when I get back.

Pitching Wedge casconem is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Steerpike View Post
    I played Equinelle today and it is already almost in mid season form- fairways like carpets and unblemished greens. The only thing left to do is to make the greens a little faster, which I am sure they will be able to do soon. I have played 7 courses so far and Equinelle is in the best shape right now with Renfrew a very close second.
    I would agree completely. I played Equinelle on the weekend and it was in fantastic shape.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Any one played Chateau Cartier and or Mont Cascades? I suspect CC is not in good shape seeing they are across the street from Champlain and probably were subjected to the same weather conditions as the latter. Hopefully it is in better shape tahn Champlain, I assume they actually take better care of their course.
    Luc, a week ago it was in fantastic shape,greens never been this nice early season,fairways lush but,number 17-18 holes are closed as they are rebuilding them. They had closed the holes on the other side of the Aylmer road because of flooding but must be open by now. I would call and ask.

Played Buckingham this morning and greens are very nice for a change at the beguining of the season. Fairways are good. Lets hope they can keep the greens in good shape this year.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Thanks Marco, I went by and they only had 9 holes open but were opening the other 9 tomorrow. The practice green looked great. The course now plays much shorter with #1, #2 and 18 changed up.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nice_lag View Post
    Back from Cloverdale Links with the NCGT and the greens are absolutely terrible. Barely any green on them, many dead spots and they have been sliced so the roll is haphazard at best. Quite unfortunate as it will take them a fair bit of water and positive thoughts to come back.
    I totally agree, and on some holes it was hard to tell the difference between the fairways and the rough. This will be the one and only time I play this course, this year.

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar
    Just came back from playing 18 at Metcalfe. Fairways dry and hard, and still very green, lots of roll out. Some winter kill on most greens but not an issue as dead/brown grass is just as smooth and even as normal turf. Greens a little slow and not much break in them. Will NOT hold on shots, just bounce right off. Beer was cold, sausage was hot, and no rain that was predicted... what more could you want?
    "All I need to know about life, I learned from my dog".

Thanks Marco, I went by and they only had 9 holes open but were opening the other 9 tomorrow. The practice green looked great. The course now plays much shorter with #1, #2 and 18 changed up.
    Another change Luc is that number 12 par 4 has been shortened also and the green has been moved to be a small dogleg left. The new green is now situated next to the number 9 fairway and has a small pond in the back of the green. The rest of 12 has been redesigned into a short par 3 hole where the old number 12 green used to be. In other words, the tee-box for this new par 3 is right in the middle of the old number 12 fairway and palys about 120 yrds or so. Not sure if this is permanent. Number 18 will be a par 5 I was told by the starter. I think it will be the old number 16. Very confusing.

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar
    Luc - played Mont Cascades last weekend. No complaints. The entire course was in great shape...
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

3 Iron scottishgolf is on a distinguished road
    Played bearbrook again today , what an improvement in the greens a week has made , not saying they are perfect but they are so much better this week compared to last week , great little coarse this

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    Played Nation this morning in two hours fifty five minutes. WIN! Course is in good shape, one temp green on 14 they didn't tell us about. Greens need some work.
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Medalist cleek is on a distinguished road
    Smith's Falls is in nice shape , greens are in awesome shape

Anyone play the full 18 at Stonebridge yet?

Anyone anyone Stonebridge or Loch March conditions??

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Loch March is in absolutely perfect condition, played there today.
    Greens are very, very, very fast.
    My game is not perfect, I played my worst round of golf in years.
    So cold and so windy and the rain was brutal, but the course was perfect.

Thread Information