100 Holes of Hope
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Sand Wedge moonturko is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by scooby103 View Post
    Played last Thursday. Fairly wet and the greens were rolling very slow. But, overall it is as playable as Irish ever is.
    Boy, not a great track! I had never been, can't say I'll be back. Lot's of winter kill on the greens, tee boxes in the dirt a few places.

After playing eQuinelle on the weekend, this place was a disaster to me! lol

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by moonturko View Post
    Boy, not a great track! I had never been, can't say I'll be back. Lot's of winter kill on the greens, tee boxes in the dirt a few places.

After playing eQuinelle on the weekend, this place was a disaster to me! lol
    After playing Equinelle, i understand what you mean.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Gatineau greens starting to come along nicely.Slowly getting there.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    I agree, not too bad, they really need to get going on the fairways and tee boxes now!!!
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Caddy Gofish2 is on a distinguished road Gofish2's Avatar
    Played Bearbrook as a single this morning. Off at 0800 and finished at 1145 hitting 2 balls each hole. Greens are mostly grass free and brown but the putting wasn't bad as they were surprisingly fast with no grass to get in the way. The course is not overly wet and no plugged balls to contend with. A couple of irritations, no rakes for the beach and no water in the ball washers. One would expect that the late opening would have allowed them to get these things in place. Additionally, there was a lot of dead-fall from the large trees on the course that should have been cleared away. I have the feeling that the budget for this track is very limited. Having said this, the staff are friendly,the course is scenic and the price through RM is reasonable. The grass should fill in on the greens over the next two weeks and I will be back to give it another go.

Driver Golfer100 is on a distinguished road
    Played Manderley, May 3, 2013. This course is okay to play. Fairways are not wet; some brown spots on the greens. I'll play again soon.

Medalist faldo is on a distinguished road faldo's Avatar

Emerald Links yesterday was quite disappointing

Especially for the full $55 walking rate. The East/West routing had 6 or 8 greens where they were hard pressed to find enough grass to put the pin into. Several were just fine so it was very confusing going back/forth.

All the bunkers were very nicely groomed...between the 4 of us we checked out at least 30 of them..

We're NOT rushing back for a while.

Cheers all,

Pitching Wedge Tebor is on a distinguished road

Loch march

Anyone played it yet? Going Sunday and am curious. Thanks.

8 Iron sneaky is on a distinguished road
    Anderson Links is in great shape. Greens are fantastic East + West courses. Best conditions so far.

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    Just played Casselview this morning and it's in great shape. Greens are immaculate..but they are a bit slow though..need to be rolled.
    No wet spots on fairway.

Medalist cleek is on a distinguished road
    played the Marshes today , as others have mentioned the greens need some time , I will wait a few weeks before going back.

5 Iron sens_army is on a distinguished road sens_army's Avatar
    Anyone play kingsway? I'm playing tomorrow :-$
    I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted

Ace DecoyOctopus is on a distinguished road
    Prescott greens are sooooo fast right now.

Putter mikemcnerney is on a distinguished road
    The Marshes greens are lost & are not putting well.
    I won't back for at least a month

Albatross goliath is on a distinguished road goliath's Avatar
    Outaouais opened on Friday. Conditions were very good for this time of year. Entire course was dry and for the most part green. (maybe 1-2 fairways had some winter kill but still playable) Greens were also rolling nicely. Not summer speed just yet but they were rolling true.

I was very pleased. Didnt feel like spring golf being on the course.

Quote Originally Posted by goliath View Post
    Outaouais opened on Friday. Conditions were very good for this time of year. Entire course was dry and for the most part green. (maybe 1-2 fairways had some winter kill but still playable) Greens were also rolling nicely. Not summer speed just yet but they were rolling true.

I was very pleased. Didnt feel like spring golf being on the course.
    Good to hear.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    I played Renfrew this morning: the course is really greening up, and the greens are fantastic. We were about a hole behind the mower, 1st group out. The course is completely dry, in fact, they are watering. Excellent morning of golf. Highly recommend.

Golf Nut nice_lag is on a distinguished road
    Back from Cloverdale Links with the NCGT and the greens are absolutely terrible. Barely any green on them, many dead spots and they have been sliced so the roll is haphazard at best. Quite unfortunate as it will take them a fair bit of water and positive thoughts to come back.
    nice_lag
    Almonte

3 Iron scottishgolf is on a distinguished road
    Played bearbrook today , WOW greens are in a mess , I hope they can save this coarse from crashing into the grave , I can't see many folks going back after playing these greens , my fingers are crossed for this place because I love the layout of this coarse
    Last edited by scottishgolf; 05-05-2013 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Spellcheck

Pitching Wedge NickyBoy is on a distinguished road
    Played Anderson Links yesterday before that amazing Sens victory and it was in pretty great shape for this time of year. Greens were putting just fine and no big complaints to be made.

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Greyhawk conditions please? I am trying to decide if I will play in GTNAS in two weeks or not.
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Pitching Wedge NickyBoy is on a distinguished road
    I just checked the GTNAS to see which course it would be and looks like they cancelled the Greyhawk event? As for conditions, I haven't been out there yet but as of yesterday Talon had 4 temporary greens.

Sand Wedge moonturko is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Tebor View Post
    Anyone played it yet? Going Sunday and am curious. Thanks.
    How was Loch? Men's night starting up this week and curious about the shape. Thanks!

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar
    Got to Upper Canada yesterday and, I must say, quite impressed for this time of year! The greens...all of them without exception...were simply awsome! Mid-summer condition, for sure, if not better! Fairways dry and few geese to deal with (now there's a change!). Will go back soon, without doubt!
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

Looking at Greyhawk (Talon) for Friday...anyone played it yet?
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by imozzie View Post
    I heard Predator is in better shape than Talon by far. I have a time on Thursday for Talon though in the morning, so I can let you know how it is. Playing Predator Friday. Probably spots open if you want to join?

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by imozzie View Post
    I heard Predator is in better shape than Talon by far. I have a time on Thursday for Talon though in the morning, so I can let you know how it is. Playing Predator Friday. Probably spots open if you want to join?

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Txxxxxxx View Post

Echo, echo!
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Tx Txxxxxxx, however, we have a foursome set...just trying to figure out whether Predator or Talon. My buddy is doing the arrangements so I've fed him the info and will leave it to him which course we play. It'll be my first time out at that course...just praying weather will hold!

4 Iron poppadon56 is on a distinguished road poppadon56's Avatar
    I played Predator twice last week and it is in good shape, fairways are dry and greens in good shape. Only the 13th green has a little damage on it. The last I heard about Talon on Saturday was that there could be up to 4 temp greens. Hopefully the weather forecast for this week will improve the greens on Talon.

Thread Information