CorporateGolfXtra 2024
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Ace DecoyOctopus is on a distinguished road
    Courses must have budgeted for another March start which to me is why you're seeing full pop at some courses. There are too many options in our area to pay full pop for mediocre spring conditions.

Need a Caddy solstrum is on a distinguished road

Unhappy

image.jpg wow. Can't believe the evaluation of Marshes! That's a pic of the green!! And they are fast because there's no grass on them! And there are several!!!

Gap Wedge Steerpike is on a distinguished road
    Played Renfrew today. The greens were a tad slow as one might expect this early in the year, but the course was generally in nice condition and, as usual, a pleasure to play on a beautiful day. With a few minor exceptions, the course wintered well. If the weather holds, it should be in mid season shape by mid May.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilster View Post
    I wish someone could forward this to the Meadows greens keepers
    I agree 100% Will. No many make the effort to have beautifull greens. This was a pet peave of mine at Buckingham as they would only roll them once a year when they had the pro's from the Ottawa-Gatineau area come out to play.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Vieux Moulins left something to be desired today. The greens are not good. Our winter was harder than I thought. Price was 45.00 and a free game within 30 days.

Ace DecoyOctopus is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by solstrum View Post
    Attachment 39496 wow. Can't believe the evaluation of Marshes! That's a pic of the green!! And they are fast because there's no grass on them! And there are several!!!

Just wow....

Putter jlou is on a distinguished road
    I played marshes too. Greens look terribly brown but play great. Putt very smooth, no bouncing at all. Coupon was nice for peak time green fee. Bone dry fairways with roll, and scatter for carts. A week or two of sunshine and they'll be green just like the fairways. Their brown greens are still better than 90% of everywhere else right now. Pro shop was very open about telling us about the discolouration before we teed off too. Some other courses should heed such customer service. Nothing I hate more than going to a course and not being told there's a temp green or they've top dressed or punched the greens before we pay full pop!

Birdie Sunny D is on a distinguished road Sunny D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DecoyOctopus View Post
    $62.50 wow....
    They have new flex pass. I payed for $40 for weekend. Conditions as others have said,,, green, lush and more green. Speaking of greens I did find them a little slow for Equinelle but no complaints they were consistent and rolled true.

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Played Gatineau of Friday April 26. There's a fair amount of fairway winterkill but it's still very playable. Wet on some holes, dry on others.
    Greens are a different story though - very shaggy and bumpy, even for this time of year. I'm going to give it at least a couple of weeks before I go back.
    Al Gore didn't invent the internet, but he did invent global warming.

Edelweiss was soggy on some holes,greens are o.k for this time of year. Rolling well,not too fast, no bumps.

Driver Golfer100 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by imozzie View Post
    Played Champlain yesterday. Course is disaster....drenched and 50% of the greens are completely destroyed with something - winterkill? fungus? This one will take awhile to dry out and come back into some playable shape....

OMG!!! why didn't I listen to you. Just got off the course, April 29th. This is not a golf course, terrible greens, all 18 of them, wet fairways, debris all over the course, and track marks everywhere. On April 30th a company is coming in to completely re-seed every green. DON"T pay to play!!!

3 Wood Sab is on a distinguished road Sab's Avatar
    Played Metcalfe 9 on Fri and the 18 on Sunday. The 9 was a little soggy. Quite a bit on the first 4 but the greens were reasonable for this time of year. Always fun to play on a Friday before beer and wings! Was a little worried on what the 18 would be like, particularly some of the original holes. We were pleasantly surprised. 1 through 6 were soft in a few spots but not soggy, 7 through 15 were a joy. Dry and dare I say even lush in places, 16 through 18 was where we expected trouble. They were soft but nothing like the 9 hole course. Fairway on 16 and landing are on 18 are, as expected, likely the worst but won't take long to dry out (in my opinion). All greens were very nice and rolling well. The only question I have is how does there get to be so many ball marks on the greens only a few days into the season?

Playing Winter Rules huge21 is on a distinguished road
    ill agree with sab.. the 18 at metcalfe is alot dryer than the 9 holes... played the 9 3 nights last week and saturday morning
    and played the 18 on saturday afternoon.. for the ball marks on the greens. i was there tuesday night and there was already
    alot of them on the greens..

Golf Nut nice_lag is on a distinguished road
    I played opening day at Metcalfe... I was fixing 6-7 marks on every green. Plain awful.
    nice_lag
    Almonte

3 Wood fourlights is on a distinguished road fourlights's Avatar
    Played Mapleview today. It's in very good condition. Very green. No wet spots anywhere. The greens, as to be expected, were a little slow but smooth. Spring special is $35 with cart. Well worth the price.

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Anyone been out to Pakenham yet?
    Al Gore didn't invent the internet, but he did invent global warming.

Gotta Post Break68 is on a distinguished road Break68's Avatar

Gatineau

Quote Originally Posted by Shivas Irons View Post
    Played Gatineau of Friday April 26. There's a fair amount of fairway winterkill but it's still very playable. Wet on some holes, dry on others.
    Greens are a different story though - very shaggy and bumpy, even for this time of year. I'm going to give it at least a couple of weeks before I go back.
    I played Gatineau yesterday, Monday April 29th, and the whole course is now dry and the fairways are rolling very well now.
    The greens are brown and have been punched and sanded, but are otherwise playing great. They were cutting the whole course when we were there on Monday. I was very impressed for this time of year, the course has finally started to mature from the re-build a few years ago, in a couple or 3 weeks it will be in superb condition. I will be going back there to play.
    Obviously you're not a golfer.

Gotta Post Break68 is on a distinguished road Break68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfer100 View Post
    OMG!!! why didn't I listen to you. Just got off the course, April 29th. This is not a golf course, terrible greens, all 18 of them, wet fairways, debris all over the course, and track marks everywhere. On April 30th a company is coming in to completely re-seed every green. DON"T pay to play!!!
    I played Champlain last week, it is a disaster, they haven't cleaned the winter debris from the parking lot yet, let alone the course. Agree on this assessment.
    Obviously you're not a golfer.

7 Wood retread is on a distinguished road retread's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nice_lag View Post
    I played opening day at Metcalfe... I was fixing 6-7 marks on every green. Plain awful.
    I played both Saturday and Sunday and was fixing multiple ball marks on every green, otherwise it was great to get out.
    Determined to keep the rough trimmed. One swing at a time.

President's Cup Wknd_Warrior is on a distinguished road Wknd_Warrior's Avatar
    Course isn't as wet as it uually is this time of year, but greens are either punched, half dead or both and all are slow as molasis. 2 for 1 deal on so at least it's cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Break68 View Post
    I played Gatineau yesterday, Monday April 29th, and the whole course is now dry and the fairways are rolling very well now.
    The greens are brown and have been punched and sanded, but are otherwise playing great. They were cutting the whole course when we were there on Monday. I was very impressed for this time of year, the course has finally started to mature from the re-build a few years ago, in a couple or 3 weeks it will be in superb condition. I will be going back there to play.
    Good to hear Jonathan.

Forum Jedi golfisforfun is on a distinguished road
    Canadian ??? Any feedback?

Sand Wedge moonturko is on a distinguished road
    Anyone tried Irish Hills yet? Heading out that way this afternoon.

9 Iron joceber is on a distinguished road
    What about Le sorcier, anybody ?

I was at Les Vieux Moulins Sunday,
    Greens are punched with big holes not filled.
    You know PLINKO style.
    Previous year's they add the best green for begining of the season.
    Fairways were quite dry.
    Good excuse to go and swing the clubs outside.

Enjoy the new season !
    |>
    Hole in one... ----------@,,,,,,,,,,,__|,,,,,,,,,, 07/06/14

Lob Wedge MichaelScott is on a distinguished road MichaelScott's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by moonturko View Post
    Played 18 yesterday; considering it rained the night before the fairways were relatively dry. Some greens better than others but not in the worst shape. Can't complain for $25.

7 Wood scooby103 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by moonturko View Post
    Played last Thursday. Fairly wet and the greens were rolling very slow. But, overall it is as playable as Irish ever is.
    The difference between involvement and commitment are like a egg and ham breakfast, the chicken was involved, the pig was commited.

Lob Wedge Likesg8tgrns is on a distinguished road
    On Monday May 6th Prescott Golf Club will be punching and topdressing the greens at the golf club. This practice is done to ensure that players will be able to enjoy great greens all season long Prescott Golf Club. We backfill the holes completely with sand to ensure playing conditions will return too optimal as soon as possible. Enjoy the sunshine, play golf and play great greens!

Chateau Cartier greens are exceptional,period. Beautifull and rolling perfectly, fairways are nice and green a bit soggy on some holes but majority o.k. Now the bad news. All the holes across the road along the river are closed today ( water too high) Number 17-18 holes are closed due to redesign. So played the course like a 9 hole. Dont know what they where charging as we are with E.G.

Driver Golfer100 is on a distinguished road
    Just off Cedarhill, May1, 2013. Course is good shape and very playable, no regrets with this choice...

Just off Cedarhill, May1, 2013. Course is good shape and very playable, no regrets with this choice...
    Good to hear. I have not played there since the new re-design and gonna go and play it.

Thread Information