100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    President's Cup Wknd_Warrior is on a distinguished road Wknd_Warrior's Avatar

so it was the annual "hit it onto the back hill at the 19th tee" day for me today...

...sadly there was no tail wind and I came up 0 for a large pail. A handfull got quite close tho

I did this last year, where I just did everything I could to try and crush a bucket onto the hill, technique, balance, timing and plain old swinging out of your shoes.

With some exception, I don't think you can hit it your farthest unless you have some fundamantals in your favour, so I find it a usefull exercise. Seeing the difference between a hard arm swing and a soso swing where the hands move through the ball well, stuff like that opens your eyes to what creates speed.

It's funny, while I'm probably taking the "460 driver" out of the bag once the summer sets in (cause golf get's boring with a SW into a par 4) , I still don't like the idea of not being able to stripe it "x" yards when I want to. What really bugs me is back when I was younger I could really generate some serious speed if I wanted to take the risk. Those fast twitch muscles (or whatever it is) are fading. I'm trying to combat getting older with improved technique, and it's sort of working .

I'm of the opinion that absolutely hammering a bucket of balls every once in a while will help build some golf muscles and fundamentals, but if nothing else it's a bit of fun.

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wknd_Warrior View Post
    (cause golf get's boring with a SW into a par 4)
    not if you birdie those par 4's
    You only get out of something what you put into it

President's Cup Wknd_Warrior is on a distinguished road Wknd_Warrior's Avatar
    reasonable point, and my wedges are the worst part of my game right now

Thread Information