CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Casual courses?

Putter Hemsworth is on a distinguished road Hemsworth's Avatar

Casual courses?

Do any of you have any recommendations for what I can only call the more "casual" courses? I live close to Cedar Glen in Williamsburg and play there fairly often. I'm looking for more courses like this...ones that are a little rough around the edges and maybe without as much traffic as the more polished courses.

The reason being that my wife and I and any of our golfing buddies aren't the best players and these types of courses seem to suit us better. Re: we aren't slowing down the play on the busier courses!

We used to love playing at Twin Pines down in Cadyville, NY. I doubt that many here have ever heard of that one. It was a VERY casual, $8.00 to play all day, stick your money in an envelope and shove it in the mail slot, course. Great fun and actually quite challenging.

Thanks for any input!

4 Iron SecondChance is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemsworth View Post
    Do any of you have any recommendations for what I can only call the more "casual" courses? I live close to Cedar Glen in Williamsburg and play there fairly often. I'm looking for more courses like this...ones that are a little rough around the edges and maybe without as much traffic as the more polished courses.

The reason being that my wife and I and any of our golfing buddies aren't the best players and these types of courses seem to suit us better. Re: we aren't slowing down the play on the busier courses!

We used to love playing at Twin Pines down in Cadyville, NY. I doubt that many here have ever heard of that one. It was a VERY casual, $8.00 to play all day, stick your money in an envelope and shove it in the mail slot, course. Great fun and actually quite challenging.

Thanks for any input!
    If you are coming from the south, Riverbend, Poplar Groves and Richmond Centennial fit the description. I used to play quite a bit at these courses when I started a few years ago. Copperdale (Edgewood ?) in Dunrobin is also great for beginners.

Not sure if you can play for 8$/round at these courses but I heard Poplar Groves is 20$/round for this year, all season long.

Enjoy

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Nationview (18 holes) and Sandy Row (9 holes) are fairly close to Chesterville (near South Mountain) and would fit that description. There is also Rideau Glen in Kemptville (across the road from Equinelle).

Putter Hemsworth is on a distinguished road Hemsworth's Avatar
    Thanks guys! I have actually played Sandy Row...great little course.

Birdie Sunny D is on a distinguished road Sunny D's Avatar
    I play Rideau Glenn a couple of times a year with some friends who prefer more casual courses. We always have fun. Wait a bit the course needs to dry out quite a bit at this point from what I can see from the road as I drive past....

Bouche
    Pineview executive course is great! They plan on opening Thursday.

1 Iron CaptainHook is on a distinguished road CaptainHook's Avatar
    I find the atmosphere at Dunnderosa pretty relaxed and can be a pretty challenging for higher cap players. Not to mention the scenery is very nice.

Golf Nut justdoit is on a distinguished road justdoit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainHook View Post
    I find the atmosphere at Dunnderosa pretty relaxed and can be a pretty challenging for higher cap players. Not to mention the scenery is very nice.
    And the mini putt is pretty busy too,along with a couple a great restauraunts and an amazing popular ice cream joint...got to love Chelsea

1 Iron CaptainHook is on a distinguished road CaptainHook's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by justdoit View Post
    And the mini putt is pretty busy too,along with a couple a great restauraunts and an amazing popular ice cream joint...got to love Chelsea
    DunnD's mini-putt is pretty cool, I must admit.

Thread Information