100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar

Tiger Woods given two-stroke penalty at Masters

Tiger Woods has been assessed a two-stroke penalty for taking an illegal drop at the 15th hole during Friday's second round of the Masters.

More...

Gap Wedge Duper is on a distinguished road
    Don't you mean 2 $$$$$troke penalty...... same rules that DQ a golfer for not signing a CORRECT scorecard allow another golfer to sign an INCORRECT card , without dq ? Doesn't make sense to me until you think about the $$$$ involved for the Master's organizers.

Par dlb is on a distinguished road dlb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Duper View Post
    Don't you mean 2 $$$$$troke penalty...... same rules that DQ a golfer for not signing a CORRECT scorecard allow another golfer to sign an INCORRECT card , without dq ? Doesn't make sense to me until you think about the $$$$ involved for the Master's organizers.

Agree he should be DQ'd ... most if not all of the commentators and ex-pro's are calling on Tiger to DQ himself !! He should do the right thing and not tee-off today. He obviously did not drop NEAREST the spot of his last shot - he admitted it verbally after the round. No brainer - incorrect card - DQ !!!!!

Driver Golfer100 is on a distinguished road
    This all stems from the slow-play penalty against the 14 year old, Chinese. If that had not happened and the flack that the Masters and PGA Tour were taking from social media all over the world then Woods would not have been penalized. Tiger would have gotten away with another one just like the time he enlisted 6 men to move a stone from in front of his ball.

Wannamaker stevek is on a distinguished road stevek's Avatar
    It's up to the player to know the rules including the local rules and what to do in the event of a Yellow staked or Red staked hazard.

Tiger should DQ himself.
    "Only one man in a thousand is a leader of men...
    the other 999 follow women." - Groucho Marx

Bogie Kak is on a distinguished road
    Chamblee and Sir Faldo should have grieved the new rule (33-7) when it was put in place last year, why now, because it's Tiger? what if it was Phil? The committee's decision is a wise and fair one.
    Last edited by Kak; 04-13-2013 at 11:25 AM.

Driver Golfer100 is on a distinguished road
    Once a cheat always a cheat...he should do the honourable thing and DQ himself.

yep agree 100% .... if he plays it'll follow him forever !! DO THE RIGHT THING TIGER !!!!

Pitching Wedge kemcheca is on a distinguished road
    If this was Phil or Rory the white boys the media loves a lot, would they be DQ? Tiger should and will play the 3rd round. I hope he wins!

Quote Originally Posted by kemcheca View Post
    If this was Phil or Rory the white boys the media loves a lot, would they be DQ? Tiger should and will play the 3rd round. I hope he wins!
    I hope he shoots an 80 .... if he does play it will follow him .... and it'll look good on him. He admitted he gained an advantage by moving two yds back - incorrect card signed - get on your jet and .....
    Last edited by Kilroy; 04-13-2013 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Fowl language removed

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    No asterix.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Quote Originally Posted by fundonny View Post
    No asterix.
    No trophy either ..... he plays = no integrity

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    OMG...Now he is saying that he did not know he had taken an incorrect drop prior to signing his card. So he is denying that he knew...Now I've heard everything.

Pitching Wedge kemcheca is on a distinguished road
    Even the one stroke penalty given to Guan Tianlang. Would Phil, Rory, Rose, Couples got that penalty! No way!
    They give a China-men a one stroke penalty and want to DQ the only black golfer at the masters.

The Masters is showing it's ugly racist side which it has for many years!

7 Iron holeinone is on a distinguished road
    If he keeps playing, I will respect him even more. Withdrawing and hiding is the easy thing to do under all this pressure. The rules committee made a decision, repsect it and move on. Go Tiger.

Wannamaker brucestats is on a distinguished road brucestats's Avatar
    Tiger has a choice to play or not to play today. I hope he makes the right choice.
    My paycheck goes to my dogs.

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    As if Tiger would cheat in front of millions watching. Some pple are delusional
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kemcheca View Post
    Even the one stroke penalty given to Guan Tianlang. Would Phil, Rory, Rose, Couples got that penalty! No way!
    They give a China-men a one stroke penalty and want to DQ the only black golfer at the masters.

The Masters is showing it's ugly racist side which it has for many years!
    This is so far from the truth I have to wonder what tournament you are watching. Guan was slow and they were warned. Yes it would be that way for any player.
    They didn't, and won't DQ Tiger and the rules officials have nothing to do with the organizers of the event.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

33-7. Disqualification Penalty; Committee Discretion
    A penalty of disqualification may in exceptional individual cases be waived, modified or imposed if the Committee considers such action warranted.

If Tiger DQ's himself, it would be disrespect to the Committee and to the rules of golf as Rule 33 overrides rule 26.

[QUOTE=Kilroy;475526]This is so far from the truth I have to wonder what tournament you are watching. Guan was slow and thety were warned. Yes it would be that way for any player.

That's why it took the field more than five and a half hours to play there rounds yesterday and no penalties were given to any Pros.... actually no penalties for the last 10 years :0)

Monday Qualifier Fallys0820 is on a distinguished road
    Tiger has no requirement to DQ himself. The rule that is in place now because of TV. What makes matters worse is that the ruling officials decided that there was no infraction prior to Tiger signing his card. By all accounts, this was not brought forward to Tiger until after he signed his card.

If Tiger said nothing about it during his post-round interview, the rules officials would not have re-opened this subject and none of this ridiculousness would be carrying on.

The same people who thought it was a horrible decision to assess a 14-year old a 1 shot penalty for slow play (during a 5.5-6 round anyway) and calling for mercy, are now calling for Tiger to be DQ'd because of something that was not deemed to be a problem until the guy speaks after a round? Tiger's solution is simple: give no more post round interviews. Which probably wouldn't be a bad thing considering the stupid questions he's generally asked.
    Twitter: @Scott_Fally
    "The finest people in the world...are golfers." -- Ben Hogan

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    What a ridiculous thread, it was the right decision, why the hell would he dq himself?

Bouche
    Quote Originally Posted by holeinone View Post
    If he keeps playing, I will respect him even more. Withdrawing and hiding is the easy thing to do under all this pressure. The rules committee made a decision, repsect it and move on. Go Tiger.
    amen brotha

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    it was obvious from the video he didn't drop as near as possible to the last shot. how could the committee have missed that? or they thought, close enough.

that's where the messed up. not telling tiger didn't matter, they blew the initial call.

that being said, they should have talked to tiger before he signed his card and gathered all of the information. To me they didn't do their job properly
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    it was obvious from the video he didn't drop as near as possible to the last shot. how could the committee have missed that? or they thought, close enough.

that's where the messed up. not telling tiger didn't matter, they blew the initial call.

that being said, they should have talked to tiger before he signed his card and gathered all of the information. To me they didn't do their job properly
    Amen
    You only get out of something what you put into it

7 Iron Roach is on a distinguished road Roach's Avatar
    Why was he not able to move back as far as possible ?
    Will I learn how to chip?

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Roach View Post
    Why was he not able to move back as far as possible ?
    not from that spot which is where he hit it from. He could have gone over to the left on a line between the pin and where the ball last crossed the margin but chose not to. In that scenario, he could have gone back as far as he wanted.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

7 Iron Roach is on a distinguished road Roach's Avatar
    Thanks for the reply
    Will I learn how to chip?

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post

Its golf, not hockey. In golf it is the players who make ALL the initial calls.

I've seen many players call penalty strokes against themselves, but I cannot think of a single occasion where a player has disqualified himself from a tournament. The tournament committee reviewed the situation and decided against disqualification, and their decisions are final. I doubt there is a single player in the field who would have DQ'ed himself in that situation, so I cannot fathom why people would think that Tiger Woods would do that.

Wannamaker mjf is on a distinguished road mjf's Avatar
    Despite how I feel personally about Tiger, and the somewhat questionable nature of this ruling, I have to say that if his shot on #15 yesterday had just missed the flag... he would likely be leading by 2 or more right now.
    Twitter: @mfarquharson73

Thread Information