CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    8 Iron col forbin is on a distinguished road

Foresight Sports Performance Packages

Looking at purchasing a course package and would like people's opinion on which one is preferred. Already have the fitting plus 5 package, but would like one that has a good mix of recognizable/fun courses and is basically the best bang for the buck. Wish it were not so pricey, but it seems that the Nicklaus courses are pretty far away and will probably be more expensive. Any opinions are appreciated.

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    Sorry Col do you have redchain or cg3?

Redchain

Base is 1 course, Brabazon, what other pack do you have?

The one with Tempete, Akron, Torrey Pines, & Olympic. Pretty much looking at the Tour package or Resort package. How does the CG3 compare?

BIG NO to GC3. I have champions pack and it is good. Not worth spending $ in my view, waiting for new designers, nick e6 and perfect p.

Would love e6 ii, but think it would cost 3x the amount of redchain if ever offered by Foresight. Also scared that the Nicklaus courses, which seem to be a while away when I talked to Foresight, will also command a higher price tag. It would be so much easier to pull the trigger if the redchain packages were half the asking price!

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    I agree with CPA. While there's no word whether the E6 II will be available for gc2 no not, why not wait and see? Golf season is here anyway.

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    Sorry to chime in here since I have no relevance to the GC2 topic (but I finally tried it at our local golftown!) but the way foresight turns software into a huge money making machine is crazy. if they had exclusive rights that would be one thing, but when they're reselling the same software available on almost all other sim hardware for a fraction of the price...that's crazy. All they had to do was spend some time to develop an integration program, the same as any other manufacturer. Some company (like trugolf for E6II) just needs to write their own functionality to integrate with the hardware (hack it or whatever) and start selling their software directly to GC2 owners. It's not fair that GC2 owners shelled out a lot of cash for the unit (which is where all of GC2's R&D dollars went and they deserve to make their money) and then be hit with huge prices for software/courses available to other hardware owners at much lower prices. It's appalling. Great money maker while they can hold people to it though...

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    rdh, I have been saying exactly that from day 1!

over here it would fall down as we have a trade practices act and it would be banned as a restrictive trade practice......

I would have thought it comes down to copyright- what copyright do they hold to stop E6 from recognising a GC2 attached and sucking its data and intergrating?

3 Wood Frans@france is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by CPA View Post
    over here it would fall down as we have a trade practices act and it would be banned as a restrictive trade practice......

I would have thought it comes down to copyright- what copyright do they hold to stop E6 from recognising a GC2 attached and sucking its data and intergrating?
    If I understood correctly then the cg2 already spits out a text file with the data produced. That is wat optimal flight is using as an connection. But for any direct "interface\read" it would be easy for foresight to just encrypt the data stream and stop any 3th party developers.... I don't have that machine otherwise...

Yes the courses are way overpriced, but just out of curiosity, is there a package that people prefer or stands out as clearly better than the others. I don't think foresight is in a rush to put out different software because their market seems to be geared towards fitters. I would be surprised if they had anything new by year's end.

The question is best answered by a protee owner as they would be able to compare all courses. The GC2 price means 1 or 2 packs is the norm and no one can compare the packs........Zmax?

If I had to choose just one, it would be Champions pack. The club and resort packs are great too.

Thanks ZMax! Talked to foresight and inquired about E6, which definitely is not an option they are pursuing soon if ever at all. CPA, is CG3 a big no because the software does not spit out the information after the shot? What else are its big faults? The graphics look pretty good to me and the shot info is supposed to follow the GC2 data I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by col forbin View Post
    Thanks ZMax! Talked to foresight and inquired about E6, which definitely is not an option they are pursuing soon if ever at all. CPA, is CG3 a big no because the software does not spit out the information after the shot? What else are its big faults? The graphics look pretty good to me and the shot info is supposed to follow the GC2 data I believe.
    That doesn't sound good for the E6 II/GC2 combination.

For the CG3, ball flights look ok. Water and trees look good but that is about it. Everything else blows. Fairways/rough suck. Greens are horrible. Everything is very cartoonish. Putting grid is pathetic. Follow ball camera is not anywhere near as good as Red Chain's chase ball camera. After a shot, all you get is carry and total distance. You can use a tablet/smartphone to get all the GC2 ball data.

They should offer the CG3 range only for $100.

Playing Winter Rules mmlincon is on a distinguished road
    If all you GC2 owners want E6ii it's imperative that you repeatedly make ForeSight aware of this. If they start to lose money because they lack the currently best simulator software they will take notice. There is ZERO technical reason they can't offer the software.

It's ForeSights ( or lack there of ) that has prevented me from purchasing their product. Their business model made more sense a few years ago, not so much anymore.

Ace wbealsd is on a distinguished road
    They'll either figure it out, or become a smaller niche. It seems to me the simulator side of the business caught them by surprise, with their business model focused on club fitting. Golf simulation still appears to be an afterthought and an "add- on" for them.

7 Iron drcabral is on a distinguished road
    i would like to buy the start pack and/or course pack software for the foresight gc2. If you know whre i can find one at a discount. Please give me a call at 202-746-7246 or email treatingpain@gmail.com.

Putter hidrake is on a distinguished road
    I know that this post is quite a few years old, and I have no idea about these other software packages as I just bought the GC2 with FSX, so I’m just curious about these other ones. Are they something that is still available?

I kind of felt like $3000 was a lot for FSX but I definitely like the features it offers. I bought the software at the same times through shopindoorgolf.com. The courses are so lifelike and real. It’s kind of fun being able to play on courses that I otherwise wouldn’t be able to IRL.

The graphics are just amazing. I like the skills challenges that it offers as well. My buddies and I switch between playing courses and hitting the skill challenges.

3 Wood Stonebattle is on a distinguished road
    You may want to consider TGC/TGC 2019

Thread Information