CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Putter G84 is on a distinguished road G84's Avatar

Golf Studio Construction Questions

Hey guys, im new to this forum but am long time competitive golfer who is finally going to take the plunge and build my dream golf studio at our CrossFit facility. we have a spare room that measures 25'L x 23'W. I want to make it a REALLY nice studio but am such an avid DIY'er that i cant imagine just paying for a simulator and setup, so i am going to build it from the ground up. I will share pictures once its complete, but im having a few questions in the construction of it all that i could really use some help / guidance from more experienced users.

Questions:
    1. I plan to use a really big (15' H x 20' W) cordura 1000D black fabric hung 2' away from the wall, with par2pro's HQ Raw white impact screen (10'x18') glued to the cordura with some industrial strength contact cement. Does this seem like a reasonable screen solution and enough "give" behind the impact screen to you guys given that my swing speed is ~110 (trackman) and will likely have a couple guys with closer to 120mph clubhead speed in the studio?

2. the cordura i have measures 18'H x 20'W, do you guys recommend leaving the extra 3 feet drag along the ground, cut it so that it hangs flush with the ground and weight it with a chain or pipe at the bottom, or does it have to be secured to the ground via straps/bungees?

3. has anyone experimented with eggcrate foam to deaden noise? Are there better options to deaden the noise? What locations seemed to be best? (sides? above? behind screen?)

Any comments / suggestions / feedback would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,

G

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    Glue hq screen to that and I estimate it will last 5 minutes. The screen is meant to stretch, the secret to its longevity.

Putter G84 is on a distinguished road G84's Avatar
    do you recommend stiching, some other method, or not attaching it to a cordura backdrop at all?

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    Read other threads about screen setup, stitching sides, bungees etc. No cordura.

Thread Information