100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: GC2 vs. LX.

7 Wood dvshx is on a distinguished road

GC2 vs. LX.

Ive been away for a while. I read the massive thread-specific for GC2 and LX.

Question 1: does GC2 need an add on peripheral to allow putting?

Question 2: does the LX need marking on the ball similar to Vector?

Question 3: is LX more comparable to GC or the Vector?

Thanks

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Welcome back dvshx. It's been a long time you've been away.

Just to get you up to speed, the LX (all LX models) are not available yet. No one knows when they will be nor how accurate they will be. Martin has been promising and changing "ready" date for 2to 3 yrs now. So don't hold your breath on the LX.

So to answer your questions:

1. No
    2. Yes (He "claims" there will be an update to allow for unmarked balls to be used)
    3. Vector

What's up Bubba! Great to hear from you again.

What a disappointment then for the LX! I was thinking more in-line of being a direct competitor to the GC2. I have funds set aside to finally make this happen, but the fun might end too soon. I'll try to wait it out a couple more months to see how things in the simulator world would materialize.

My hitting bay set up is only for the garage so radar-type technology is not an option.

Hybrid fhann is on a distinguished road fhann's Avatar
    Hi dvshx:

I have set up my Flightscope X2 and Flightscope Prime launch monitors in my garage. They work quite well and they utilize doppler-radar technology. I have 96 inches clearance behind the ball to the monitor and 132 inches of ball flight to the impact screen. If you have these minimum dimensions then doppler-radar technology is an option depending upon budget and using the equipment for practice without putting.
    Engineered Golf - Frank Hann 3.8 GHIN
    www.engineeredgolf.ca

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dvshx View Post
    What's up Bubba! Great to hear from you again.

What a disappointment then for the LX! I was thinking more in-line of being a direct competitor to the GC2. I have funds set aside to finally make this happen, but the fun might end too soon. I'll try to wait it out a couple more months to see how things in the simulator world would materialize.

My hitting bay set up is only for the garage so radar-type technology is not an option.
    dv just wait a few months before taking the plunge. There will be some new stuff on the horizan in the near future.

3 Wood northgolf is on a distinguished road
    Bubba,

You keep teasing us with the "new stuff" on the horizon. It better be good.

Quote Originally Posted by fhann View Post
    Hi dvshx:

I have set up my Flightscope X2 and Flightscope Prime launch monitors in my garage. They work quite well and they utilize doppler-radar technology. I have 96 inches clearance behind the ball to the monitor and 132 inches of ball flight to the impact screen. If you have these minimum dimensions then doppler-radar technology is an option depending upon budget and using the equipment for practice without putting.
    I wish I had the room. A friend's friend is selling FS Prime for 2Gs. Its too bad I only have about 15ft total.

I think that may be the best option for now Bubba. Also, the current wait time for the GC2 is 6 weeks!!!

Thread Information