CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road

Protee extreme face readings and inaccurate SS detection issues.

If you're constantly getting extreme face angle readings(+15*, +20*, etc..) and/or having a hard time getting the SS(sweet spot) detection adjusted correctly, your Protee circuit board might not have been aligned properly during a assembly.

See example picture.

sensors not aligned.jpg

As you can see, the sensors above are skewed to the right quite a bit. The club face sensors/timing sensors are the two in the picture above. They need to be centered or equal distance in relationship to the tee location. To fix this, you will have to either reposition the circuit board or the Fiberbuilt grass panels. Contact Protee support first before attempting to take your Protee apart.

It's easy to do but if you don't have wild face reading issues, don't mess with this.
    Last edited by ZMax; 04-03-2013 at 03:26 PM.

3 Wood thelono is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMax View Post
    If you're constantly getting extreme face angle readings(+15*, +20*, etc..) and/or having a hard time getting the SS(sweet spot) detection adjusted correctly, your Protee circuit board might not have been aligned properly during a assembly.

See example picture.

Attachment 39018

As you can see, the sensors above are skewed to the right quite a bit. To fix this, you will have to either reposition the circuit board or the Fiberbuilt grass panels. Contact Protee support first before attempting to take your Protee apart.
    Interesting. I'll have to check mine when I'm back from Vegas. I get wanky face readings occasionally.

bcgc0918
    I have noticed
    On mine it appears that the back row of sensors is not straight. The shadow the light casts is just touching the tip of the sensors on the right edge of the row. And on the left the shadow is not even close to touching. I noticed this about the time my putter started having trouble reading. I have checked the light and it is right were it needs to be. I checked the stance mat for square and it has not moved. I first thought something had slide around. But I have checked everything. I even took the light off the hanger and moved it around to see if a new spot would clear up apparently off line row of sensors but moving the light only put the rest of the sensors at risk of catching a shadow.

It is hard to tell if the rest of the rows are also off line. The row that is off line is off only by maybe 1/32 or less.

I always thought that it felt like my swing was a bit more outside in than normal but between golfing outside and getting my protee set up there was just enough time for me not to be able to tell for sure.

So if I were to correct this with the swing path correction which way should I go + or -.

Honestly I don't think moving the sensor board will work, ( in my case)there is not going to be enough of a change and the screws will just find the old holes.

One other thing I always wanted to test. Is the distance tee to sensor row. In the settings file it says 196. This could account for the difference a lot of people are having with clubs short and long. If this number is used (which I am sure it is) to start all the formulas used.

Thread Information