100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar

Tecumseh Golf Club to become a housing development???

My friend sent me this. This has long been owned by the mill next door and now it seems to be coming to an end.

OVERVIEW

The objective is to acquire and rezone the Tecumseh Golf Course lands, a 138-*‐acre property in Gatineau, QB (the “Property”). This rapidly growing urban centre is located in the heart of the City of Gatineau, and within 15 minutes of downtown Ottawa, Ontario. The property encompasses 138 acres located along Maloney Boulevard, the major commercial arterial in Gatineau. A mix of large-scale retail and residential buildings occupy the surrounding area.
    EXIT STRATEGY

Upon the successful completion of land rezoning, LEAGUE will sell the Property on behalf of the Partnership. The Property will be appraised by two independent accredited appraisers, the midpoint of which appraisal values will establish the price at which LEAGUE will have an option to purchase the Property within six months of the completion of the appraisals. Should LEAGUE exercise its option within such time frame, LEAGUE intends to offer the existing investors the option to invest in a new development vehicle. LEAGUE will use reasonable commercial efforts at that time to permit, to the extent possible, a tax deferred transfer to the new development vehicle. Should LEAGUE not exercise its option, the Property will be listed for sale with a commercial real estate broker and sold.
    CONTACT

If you have invested with LEAGUE Investment Services Inc. before, please call your Member Wealth Manager at 1.877.772.8836 to ask for more details about the Gatineau Centre Development LP. If you haven't invested with us before, please register for more information.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

8 Iron zee51 is on a distinguished road
    Yes, heard about that a while ago. A shame really in my view having been a member there.

Same old and to quote:

"They paved paradise and put up a parking lot
    With a pink hotel, a boutique and a swinging hot SPOT
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got til its gone"

Golf Nut justdoit is on a distinguished road justdoit's Avatar
    Was that Joannie Mitchell that sang that song....Mont Ste Marie also has lost the back 9 I have heard

Bouche
    more profit in housing. Too many golf courses in Ottawa, courses are not making money and less people are playing.

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    I am not surprised, it is a big chunk of commercial land in downtown Gatineau and the value of the land is big and most likely needed by the Mill that owns it. I have golfed a few times at Tecumseh there, but stopped going when I was playing as a single and none of the groups in front of me would let me play through. The groups in front were groups of 5 members, the only course who let lets all members go out as groups of 5.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    They have been talking about this for a few years and it seems that its gonna happen next year or so. Not my favorite course by far and my wife just hated going there. Not a really a good social place unless you are a member. Graig, your right, its the only course where ¨members could tee-off 5 at a time. They would allow them to this in the a.m. only I was told. Another green space going towards housing. Its a shame as we dont have the infrastructures to support all these new devellopements but, money talks (taxes).

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Its never good to lose a golf course but the fact that the membership were so anti-social to the public paved the way for this eventual outcome. The marshalls were just as "cliquy". I stopped going when a marshall followed my friend and me around for 4 holes after a member claimed we had rolled our golf carts between a greenside bunker and the green. We told him we did not and he insisted that we had, we looked around as we were first on the course and there was no group around us. I asked him who said we did this and he pointed to a group 4 holes and about 600 yards away. I told him he was wrong and he literally followed right behind us for every shot for the next 3 holes until I told him to stop or I would complain to the pro. He left and the pro could not care less about what had happened,unfortunate for sure.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    Its never good to lose a golf course but the fact that the membership were so anti-social to the public paved the way for this eventual outcome. The marshalls were just as "cliquy". I stopped going when a marshall followed my friend and me around for 4 holes after a member claimed we had rolled our golf carts between a greenside bunker and the green. We told him we did not and he insisted that we had, we looked around as we were first on the course and there was no group around us. I asked him who said we did this and he pointed to a group 4 holes and about 600 yards away. I told him he was wrong and he literally followed right behind us for every shot for the next 3 holes until I told him to stop or I would complain to the pro. He left and the pro could not care less about what had happened,unfortunate for sure.
    I hear you Luc. My wife ran the Bruyere golf tournement for about 10 years and we had nothing but complaints from our players when we where there. A certain marshall was stalking some nurses on the course and actually harassing them. They lost a pretty good tournement

7 Wood macspesh is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    I hear you Luc. My wife ran the Bruyere golf tournement for about 10 years and we had nothing but complaints from our players when we where there. A certain marshall was stalking some nurses on the course and actually harassing them. They lost a pretty good tournement
    So true!
    The lack of basic common courtesy (forget even golf etiquette) at that course is off the charts. My personal favourite are some members and marshals giving the stare-down for no apparent reason, ŕ la ‘Deliverance’.
    Last edited by Kilroy; 04-03-2013 at 12:40 PM.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Let's keep it respectful please. No bashing as per the forum rules.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Thread Information