CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road

Hello Southwestern Ontario Golfers

Hi Guys and Gals.
    I asked the administrator of this forum to add a section in for golfers in South West Ontario. And here it is. So let's use it and let each other know who we are and what courses we golf in this area. Also we could post any club events that are open to non members.
    This area is the home to many great courses and lots of goflers. So we should be able to fill up this section of the forum that was put here for us.
    My name is Rick, AKA Golfbum. I play at Westminster Trails Golf Club located just south of London. Last year I played 165 rounds, most of them at the Trails. Some of the local courses I love playing, St Thomas Golf & Country Club, Fanshawe's Monster, Wardsville Golf Club, Strathroy's Bear Creek and I played Caradoc Sands last year in Strathroy and that is going to be a good course in a few years. Ingersol has a great course.
    There are so many courses in this area you could play a different course every week and still not play them all.

So let's make some noise on this section of the forum. If you are in this area introduce yourself.
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    I actually have played a lot in the Kitchener Waterloo area. I grew up there and my parents still reside there. My dad is a member at Galt, an outstanding track which I have played many a time. It's the toughest 6500 yd course (from the tips) I have ever played.

I've also played a lot at Rebel Creek, Elmira, River's Edge, and when I was younger, Rockway (Moe Norman's home course).

Hello Jeffc

Hey welcome to the section for Southwestern Ontario. I have played a course just outside Kitchener years ago in the Coors Light Scramble, New Dundee, Dundee Country Club. Seemed like a decent course.
    I plan on playing some of the tracks up that way this summer.

Dundee is a decent track. The problem is they increased their prices a few years back and tried to make it a premium course, though it is not worth the $ IMHO. Try Rebel Creek...a bit steep, but a good course with some fantastic holes. They had a special last year that included golf, cart, lunch, range balls for about $70 (if you book a foursome on the weekend). It's partially owned by some NHL'ers, Bertuzzi and Rice I believe. There are some holes on that course on the back nine that are absolute killers (#18 especially). It is also at the West end of KW (Fischer Hallman exit), so closer to London.

Thanks, I think my doctor played that course last year. He said from the tips it was a monster!
    Whistle Bear is another tough track, the Nationwide boys played that last year.

Ya, it is.....but a good monster.

Whistle Bear is a very nice track as well. I've only played the front (it had just opened and the back wasn't open yet). We played it twice, the first with no wind, the second later in the day. It is a different course. I remember hitting Driver/9 iron one time and then the same hole later on, Driver/5 wood. An old friend from high school is the Pro there as well.

Whistle Bear

Sounds like my course, only Whistle Bear is on steroids! I play a course down here that is wide open, and if there is no wind it is a miracle! One day you can hit driver, Gap wedge on a 428 yard par 4. The next day you are hitting driver then 3 wood:reallymad

I have had to hit full shots with a 5 iron from 130 just to get the ball to the green!

So if I drop your name at Whistle Bear am I in for a discount?

possibly...but it's been 20 yeas since high school....;-)

I haven't seen him in quite a while, but he would know me if he saw me and he'd also know the name.

Caddy PowerFade is on a distinguished road PowerFade's Avatar
    Hey, guys, I grew up in Essex County but that was before I took up the game. Any suggestions on good courses there, especially south of the 401 and around Leamington to the west? I understand Kingsville is very good but very tough to get on and getting quite expensive. Anything else? Thanks.

Courses Near Kingsville

I have played Erie Shores in Leamington, very nice course. Not overly long or tough but it was in great shape and a nice track to play.
    Another great course is Deer Run at Blenheim. 36 holes and bring your A Game!
    Kingsville is Semi Private, so you can get on it. Again it is a great course, I think there is 36 holes there now.
    If I was you I would play Deer Run. You can find them by doing a search on Google.

Blenheim is a bit far away -- Windsor area would be closer (when visiting my parents who live south of Harrow). Kingsville looks like the ticket right now. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Quote Originally Posted by Golfbum
    I have played Erie Shores in Leamington, very nice course. Not overly long or tough but it was in great shape and a nice track to play.
    Another great course is Deer Run at Blenheim. 36 holes and bring your A Game!
    Kingsville is Semi Private, so you can get on it. Again it is a great course, I think there is 36 holes there now.
    If I was you I would play Deer Run. You can find them by doing a search on Google.

Par CBrown is on a distinguished road
    Twenty years ago, Kingsville and Roseland were the best public courses in the Windsor area. Roseland was a real hidden gem - a Donald Ross design in the middle of a residential area with a really good 9 hole par 3 course on the side. I know it's been a long time, but I'd look into Roseland ...

Where's Roseland?

Quote Originally Posted by CBrown
    Twenty years ago, Kingsville and Roseland were the best public courses in the Windsor area. Roseland was a real hidden gem - a Donald Ross design in the middle of a residential area with a really good 9 hole par 3 course on the side. I know it's been a long time, but I'd look into Roseland ...

Where is Roseland?

Roseland Golf Club
    Public Course
    Windsor, Ontario

Address:
    455 Kennedy Dr W
    Windsor, Ontario
    Canada, N9G 1S8

Phone: 519-969-5112

3 Wood milner_7 is on a distinguished road milner_7's Avatar
    Hey everyone

If you are in the Hamilton/Niagra area try a track called Peninsula Lakes. Its a beautiful course. Or in the Guelph area try Springfield. They are both very nice tracks.
    "Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off your goals"
    HC-15.3 2009 Goal 10.0

Thanks, I'll try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Golfbum
    Roseland Golf Club
    Public Course
    Windsor, Ontario

Address:
    455 Kennedy Dr W
    Windsor, Ontario
    Canada, N9G 1S8