Full disclosure: I'm a Leafs fan. But I offer this:

With respect to goaltender stats, Even Strength SV % is likely the most telling stat, for a couple of reasons - the majority of the game is played at ES & it disregards shorthanded situations, where the attacking team is more likely to shoot and score.

That said, Craig Anderson has a career ESSV% of .923 (since 2002-2003, including this year). This season, he has ESSV% of .945. He has only achieved this level twice in his career, in 06-07 when he allowed 5 goals on 87 shots (5GP) for .943, and in 07-08 when he allowed 19 goals on 408 shots (17GP).

James Reimer has a career ESSV% of .927 (since 2010-2011, including this year). This season, he has .928ESSV%. In 2010-11, he was 63GA/936S for .933 (37GP), 11-12 he was 65GA/792S for .918 (34GP).

While Anderson has been outstanding this year, the numbers suggest he's either improved INCREDIBLY or he's simply playing above himself. Given a last-10 game ESSV% of .931, it would seem he's regressing to the mean a bit, and playing closer to what you should reasonably expect. In fairness, though, I think the last 2 games are having a major impact on the number, given 3GA/18S vs. Toronto and 3GA/8S vs. Pittsburgh.

All that to say: Both goalies have been outstanding this year behind their respective clubs (Ottawa missing key parts, Leafs having a terrible D and terrible coach). I believe Reimer is playing more to his "typical" self, while Anderson is due to regress a little bit, closer to his career numbers.

Feel free to offer your thoughts.