100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    8 Iron zee51 is on a distinguished road

What kinda bag on your clicgear

I was looking for a new golf bag to use with my clicgear today and couldn't really decide on one. I saw the new clicgear bag but was thought that it was a little pricey for what you get.

I was considering the sun mountain c130 but I have seen comments stating that it was a great cart riding bag it was not so good for push carts because of the club orientation.

Was thinking on the sun mountain sync bag but GT did not have it.

Any recommendations of bags that work well with the clicgear?

Driver Golfer100 is on a distinguished road
    Money aside just buy the Clicgear Bag...best on the market and totally designed for the cart.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    I have a SM Four5. Works just fine.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar
    I think it really depends on what you're using the bag for (i.e. only pushcart, pushcart and cart, push and carry etc.). I indicated in an earlier post on the matter, that I bought the C130 and ended up using it for about a month before necessarily replacing it do to club layout. It was great on an electric cart but, when flipped to a pushcart, the club layout caused all of the irons to lie upon themselves causing lots of banging and clanking which to me was simply not acceptable considering the value of the equipment.

I switched to a Callaway. However, the key for me was to find a bag that had equally high sides to it (i.e. not one high side and one low). This allowed me to very quickly go from push to cart and back with very little shift of clubs and, with absolutely no 'clanging' of irons against each other.

I have seen the ClicGear bag and understand how its layout would work very well with the ClicGear pushcart. I don't know how it fares when you go to power cart or carry, if you need to.

As I recommended to someone in an earlier post, to truly know that you're going to get something that meets your needs, simply grab a set of irons in the shop and place them in the bag that you're considering. Then tip the bag in whatever configuration it is going to be used - carry, push, pull, power - and see how you like it. I know at GT they're use to this. And I know that, having made one costly mistake with my C130 (which bag I otherwise loved btw), I'll never by another bag without doing this simple test. Good luck!
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

Playing Winter Rules Swerve is on a distinguished road
    Sun Mountain Sync. It is made for the Sun Mountain speed cart but I am sure it will work for a clic gear as well. I also dont see a problem on a riding cart either.

That being said, I think its about the same price as the clic gear bag and since you have the cart, I would just get that.

8 Iron zee51 is on a distinguished road
    I can't comment on the Sun Mountain sync because GT didn't have them. I did see the Clicgear B3 and it just didn't do it for me. Not sayin it's not a good bag but if I am going to spend that kind of $, I should really really like it. Couple of things about it that I didn't get. The whole detachable cooler thing seems to be a gimick and yet one more thing that can break. I'm going golfing, not on a picnic. Also, kind of puzzled me that the the ball pouch and the rain cover pouch were the two zippers that were waterproof. Go figure.

I am now looking at the Nike performance bag seems to have a good review and will check it out. As someone suggested will go to GT and ask them to put on a Clicgear with clubs and see how it fits. Someone mentioned the SM Four5 which looks nice so I will check that out as well.

Thanks to all for input.

Golf Guru Gropper is on a distinguished road Gropper's Avatar
    I have the Nike performace bag and it works great on my clicgear. My buddy has the Four5 and the only complaint on his Clicgear is the bottom of the bag kinda folds a bit when it is straped on to the clicgear. But both great bags!
    Twitter: Gropper76

7 Wood golfguy is on a distinguished road golfguy's Avatar
    I use a Clicgear 3.5+ with a Clicgear bag. Perfect match!

In the Zone 1800Duffers is on a distinguished road 1800Duffers's Avatar
    Callaway 14 bag, works well with my 3.0.

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    Any bag will work. I have three different bags from carry, cart, and staff. They all fit and work well on my Clicgear.

Champion goochy is on a distinguished road goochy's Avatar
    I use a sun mountain four 5 stand bag. Works just fine and when I fancy carrying my clubs I can do that too

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    I have the Clicgear B3 bag and love it.
    It appears to be on sale on Cosco for 119$ which is a steal. I bought mine for 170$ on RBG a few months ago.

3 Iron Strangebrew is on a distinguished road Strangebrew's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobble_It View Post
    I have the Clicgear B3 bag and love it.
    It appears to be on sale on Cosco for 119$ which is a steal. I bought mine for 170$ on RBG a few months ago.
    Clicgear B3 at Costco? Where? I'm in Kingston and have never noticed it here.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangebrew View Post
    pretty sure its the us costco site
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangebrew View Post
    Yes, it's Costco in the US. That should be perfect for you coming across the border and get one. Still see it on their website for 119$ US..great deal

7 Wood golfguy is on a distinguished road golfguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobble_It View Post
    Yes, it's Costco in the US. That should be perfect for you coming across the border and get one. Still see it on their website for 119$ US..great deal
    You just cant order it and have it shipped to Canada, so unless you have a US address to ship to, its not possible!

Thread Information