CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Eagle SFR is on a distinguished road

Question on courses made for simulators

Not sure where else to put this and ask.

There is a course on P3pro called Montery Bay for the Prem Courses and the fringe has about a 50% penalty for terrain. Would this be an issue when the course was made or would this be a P3pro issue?

Is that a course that any other simulator uses and if so does it do the same thing?

Thanks

I take it by the several views but no replies, that at least Protee does not use that course.

Can someone answer this with regards to the Protee courses. Is it possible that one course may have one penalty for fringe or rough and another have a higher penalty for those?

Just trying to figure if this is more an interface issue for P3pro or more a course issue.

Any input would be great.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    The Protee has this course but I don't recall seeing a problem with the fringe. You're referring to the area up by green, right? I can do some tests.

Checked out the first couple of holes. No problems with the fringe or first cut. Monteray Bay is an old course so it's probably the same as the one on Protee. My guess is there's a problem with the P3pro's interface and how it deals with that course's terrain.

bcgc0918
    I can confirm zmaxs findings .I have played it many times on the protee and there is no issues with fringe.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Just tested and no issues on Protee.

Thankyou all for taking the time to do that and confirm that it is not a course issue. I really hate that course anyway as it has massive penalty areas all over as the heavy rough, is almost all a hazard and forces a drop. It was weird that it and the par 3 course that came or released together as free courses both have the same issue when on the fringe. Also guys have been having weird shot issues up by the greens and I think this is related to those issues.

I had tested another course on the fringe and I think that one was only 10%, which is still high but at least not the 50%.

I think when they tried to fix the greens speed in the Prem Courses they messed up a couple things like the ball backspin that we used to get on the greens. Remember how we could spin the ball back off the green if the spin was set high enough. Well now the backspin only works on the fairway and not the greens but they did get the ball to stop quicker, just not sure it was done the right way.

I guess I could ask one more question:

To get a bit of an idea. When you guys are putting on the Protee and you are within 3 or 4 feet of the hole, is it very hard to make those putts? I'm sure there can be a slight break in the putt yet, but in P3Pro the greens around the hole on those free courses break 3 or 4 feet on a 3 foot putt. I think again it has to do with how they slowed the greens and ball down.

They are working hard to get this Dunes thing working well and it is fun to play on line but I just wanted to know if these issues were their issues and not the courses.

Thanks again,

Putter P3 Steve is on a distinguished road
    I am the Manager of the soon to be new P3 Affiliate Program. I can refer a customer service rep to this thread if you wish.

We don't have those issues SFR. My guess is those are P3pro interface problems and not the courses. For Protee online play, we have gimmies set to 60" because anything less is a too easy and a waste of time, especially if you're using the putting sensor.

Thanks Steve,

I know that P3pro is trying to get the Dunes thing working well but. I have been testing this system for over a couple years finding things that were not working and such and giving as much feedback as I could. I was also able to make the sim play better when there were major issues with it. I also know the file I use to test things is an area that is prefered to be kept quiet but guys here from the past know about it and had also worked on it as well untill they gave up. I never gave up and am glad now I did not as things are getting better. However feedback of what is being done to fix issues is what I would like to see being improved. That is supposed to be coming on the Dunes site.

If the service rep is the same that is on the Dunes forum then I will try to wait for them to post what is going on. If it is someone other then, it may help to get some new feedback.

Again I am enjoying the P3pro now for the first time since I bought it over 2 years ago and do think it is close but I see new issues with the last updates.

Quote Originally Posted by ZMax View Post
    We don't have those issues SFR. My guess is those are P3pro interface problems and not the courses. For Protee online play, we have gimmies set to 60" because anything less is a too easy and a waste of time, especially if you're using the putting sensor.

Thanks Z, I guess that would be ok for a sim to be able to putt those 4 and 5 footers in easily. At least knowing it's more an interface issue gives a little hope that it can be fixed. That sounds like putting in the 2 old courses that P3pro came out with before the Prem Courses. Those putt easy and from close in there are no issues but the Prem Course, at least some are a nightmare to putt out.

Thread Information