CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Lob Wedge Darnold is on a distinguished road
    Thanks Bubba, I didn't mean to get off topic; I just wanted to answer some of the replies to my initial post. I'll keep it on topic from here out.

I also want to say thank you again Bubba for correcting that piece about the ball flight part of TruGolf being done with sonar (stereoscopic) sensors as opposed to what I wrote about it using optical sensors for both club and ball data. I was focusing more on the aspect of the club data being retrieved by their optical sensors instead of derived information from the ball data alone that I whiffed on the point about the ball data.

As far as rating the systems, after the radar based systems (TM/FS) of course, I would pick the GC2 as tops for the ball data based systems at this point. For the club data based systems I lean towards the ProTee system, although the TruGolf system is equally as nice for club data, but I've used more of the ProTee system so I tend to fall back on that one.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Darnold, you have a few misconceptions of both the Trugolf and the GC2. I'll wait till Thursday to straighten you out on these matters, perhaps over a cold one...

Lob Wedge Darnold is on a distinguished road
    Great, golf talk over a cold beer is always great. See you around 3:30? My guess/bet it has to do with a mores detailed set of specifications regarding the "optical" sensor used in the TruGolf versus using the distinguishing notation of it being Infrared.
    Last edited by Darnold; 05-07-2013 at 08:52 PM.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Man, I would give anything to join you guys for a cold beer and chat. Now can I fly to Chicago and get back home before midnight.........?

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    And it would take me 24 hours flying!

Could buy a Protee and play online with you for the cost.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    But a cold beer and golf sim chat though CPA!!!! Would love to play with you online CPA. Hopefully you guys will get the GC2 working online!

Quote Originally Posted by CPA View Post
    And while you two boys are at Golfsmith trying out new Taylor made R1 drivers can I suggest you use a GC2 to see the difference in spin numbers between R1 and R1 with tour shaft. Darnold I estimate your spin will drop to 2400 with the tour shaft.

Z about time you got the R1?
    I tried both the R1 and RBZ2 briefly. The way they both sit on the ground is different from my RBZ and did not feel right to me. The R1 was giving me backspin numbers around 1500 rpm with 13* LA. One drive went 297 yards total. The majority were around 250-260. The shaft was standard stiff. I should probably try it out again with a better shaft.

Did you get to tweak it Z? Sounds like a tweak of the lie dial towards North or south to get you more comfortable at setup.

At that spin rate you dont need the tour shaft! Suggest you take the time with a regular and tour shaft and tweak it.

see taylor made site for the "make it yours in 3 easy steps" down the page- http://taylormadegolf.com/drivers/R1.html

No, I didn't have time to ply play with the settings. Will check out that site.

On another note I have started testing Vision Golf balls, http://www.golfingrepublic.com/

The ability of the GC2 to display ball numbers is obviously the big rater here.

So far the new X4 ball Boz is developing produced similar spin to the Bridgestone Tour 330s with a 7 iron, perhaps a different flight. In the wedge department though the 330S had 1/4 more spin. This may be to my advantage as one of my issues is the ball having too much spin and either sucking back or not rolling out.

More hours of testing required.

Another one to note is that the Vision V2 Glove is by far the best I have had of any brand. It is tough but thin and you can feel the club. Meant to be great in the wet too. Buy and keep it a secret from your mates. http://www.golfingrepublic.com/golf-...glove-men-l-2/

I see shipping is flat rate so you get the same rate as I do

3 Wood Frans@france is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Darnold View Post
    My ball data still doesn't match what I see on the course and range....
    and it will never match! Unless you can feed the system used with
    - temperature
    - humidity
    - air density

And then the minor issue of include the spec of the ball for it's aerodynamic behaviour during the full flight like spin changes and spin-axis tilt consistancy.

Launching two ball with the same speed, spin and lauch angle will not mean that both will have the same carry if their aerodynamic behaviour is different. Once a ball is launched, aerodynamics becomes the primary factor affecting ball flight.

Thread Information