100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Caddy Gofish2 is on a distinguished road Gofish2's Avatar

How do I take improvement from the range to the golf course ?

I recently purchased a Medicus Vision Track, a golf stance alignment guide, from Rockbottomgolf for $35. I first practiced at home without using a ball just to get the swing on the correct plane. Took it to the range a week ago and was amazed how quickly I was able to fix my slice. Went through my irons, fairway woods and hybrids and achieved noticeable distance improvement. Back to the range 4 times and more of the same. I even hit a couple of 200 yd long high draws with my 3 wood, a shot I have never hit in my life. Driver improvement less dramatic and will probably remain at home for now. Yesterday I played golf, for the first time since buying the training aid, and I was unable to repeat my success. Without those sticks at my feet I could not align properly. I've got another week in Florida and plan on going to the range every day and playing at least 3 more times. Any tips on how you transfer your range skills to the course would be much appreciated !

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Simple, bring your alignment aids to the course. Play the front 9 with your aids, then play the back 9 without them. Your score on the front 9 won't count for handicap purposes though.
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Caddy Gofish2 is on a distinguished road Gofish2's Avatar
    Played yesterday and some improvement, the high winds were something else, about the same as in Orlando and you get an idea of just how good the pros are when they can play par golf in that stuff. Your suggestion about taking the alignment aid to the course might have some merit. Ill book a 3 pm time and won't have anybody behind me. I was in Golfsmith in Clearwater on Saturday and they had the Vision Track marked down for clearance@ $13.94 so picked up 3. Anyone with access to a store might want to check it out. It still shows up at $33.96 on their website.

Thread Information