100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Im a fixture here Leftymoose is on a distinguished road Leftymoose's Avatar

Low Spinning Shafts and Driver heads

Just wondering if anyone has any good suggestions for low spinning driver shafts/heads?

I had my first trackman experience and I already knew this before, but my spin numbers are very high (3900-5000 revolutions) which along with other faults in my swing cause me to lose significant distance. I have a high swing speed with the driver so I am in need of a very stiff shaft, heavier the better, with a strong tip, most likely cut down 3/4 of an inch as well. I should be hitting it much longer off the tee than I do. I also know I have a -4 to -5 degree point of impact so I know I must make adjustments to my swing in order to fully get better spin numbers, however, just wondering if there is an equipment out there that helps. I know the swing and upward angle of impact is more important!

Just wondering if anyone out there has noticed their numbers drastically change with any combo of equipment. Thanks
    I like to call it a power fade

Birdie Slammin' Stever is on a distinguished road Slammin' Stever's Avatar

Driver heads and shafts

Hi Lefty Moose,
    I have a number of left hand driver heads and shafts. I fit a lot of long drivers. I can find a shaft and head that works. Give me a call or send me an email.

www.straightballgolf.com

thx Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Leftymoose View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has any good suggestions for low spinning driver shafts/heads?

I had my first trackman experience and I already knew this before, but my spin numbers are very high (3900-5000 revolutions) which along with other faults in my swing cause me to lose significant distance. I have a high swing speed with the driver so I am in need of a very stiff shaft, heavier the better, with a strong tip, most likely cut down 3/4 of an inch as well. I should be hitting it much longer off the tee than I do. I also know I have a -4 to -5 degree point of impact so I know I must make adjustments to my swing in order to fully get better spin numbers, however, just wondering if there is an equipment out there that helps. I know the swing and upward angle of impact is more important!

Just wondering if anyone out there has noticed their numbers drastically change with any combo of equipment. Thanks

Postaholic downhillslider is on a distinguished road
    Dude, no combo of shaft and head will cure a -5deg. Angle of attack that produces that amount of spin! As a fitter, I am giving you the straight goods. Any advice from anyone claiming that this particular club is the one for you is speculating at best.

Go back and read Chief's link from Tom Wishon in the other thread, then read it again. The truth is hard to swallow sometimes.

Invest in some lessons to fix that A of A problem, then start to look for a driver. It' s the only way, trust me!

Birdie Slammin' Stever is on a distinguished road Slammin' Stever's Avatar

Your Club

I can put your present club that you use on my frequency machine and it will tell me the stiffness in cpm's. Chances are if it is too soft it can leave the face open if you hold on and guide it and if you try to release it will cause the dread duck hook. Lessons are great but if your equipment is wrong, it is like learning to drive a car with bald tires or event worst no breaks. It still can be done but with frustrating results.

Stever

QUOTE=Slammin' Stever;472551]Hi Lefty Moose,
    I have a number of left hand driver heads and shafts. I fit a lot of long drivers. I can find a shaft and head that works. Give me a call or send me an email.

www.straightballgolf.com

thx Steve [/QUOTE]

Postmaster General The Saint is on a distinguished road The Saint's Avatar
    I agree with DHS, and it's not just the shaft. It may be your release or how you transfer your weight. I highly recommend seeing Greg Foley & Joe Dubinsky. They can analyse your swing and in moments get you on a path to hitting it longer and more consistently. These guys do this for a living so they see hundreds of golf swings and have as many success stories. Do yourself a favour and stop searching for the holy grail and give them a call. http://www.greggfoley.com/contact.php
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
    Do yourself a favour and stop searching for the holy grail
    lol...did you finally see the light Chris?

I agree though, the launch monitor #'s don't lie and can be eye opening.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Thread Information