+ Reply to Thread
    Medalist faldo is on a distinguished road faldo's Avatar

Boys Will Be Boys

AHHH, things to lokk forward too!!!

Golfer Injured During Assault At Public Course
    Man Hit On Head During Fight Between Golfers

POSTED: 6:36 pm CST March 4, 2005
    UPDATED: 10:12 pm CST March 4, 2005

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- One person was taken to a hospital after an assault at a public golf course Friday afternoon.
    KMBC's Maria Antonia reported that an argument turned violent at Swope Memorial Golf Course when someone hit a ball into a group of golfers.

One of the golfers grabbed a driver and hit another golfer over the head, police said.

The injured man suffered non-life-threatening injuries, officials said.

KMBC reported that one person was taken away in handcuffs and was being questioned by police.

No names were released.

No word yet on how badly the club as damaged, although the injured golfer is reportedly on the mend.

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    I wonder if there was any penalty strokes for this one?
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Karam
    I wonder if there was any penalty strokes for this one?
    This club swinger better learn to play indoors, because LINKS 2003 is the the only game he is likely to play behind bars.

Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar
    I'm going to say that if the guy who hit the other guy with a stray shot had been warned about pace of play, he deserved it. Realistically this is not that big a deal. Just drive a block in Ottawa after that unpredictable snow we get each year around Christmas time...

Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Hitting into a group is a stupid thing to do, but nobody deserves to be attacked with a driver. This is supposed to be a civilized society.

Hybrid Timothy.Reeve is on a distinguished road

Hard to sympathise wih either side!

I have to admit that it is difficult to say which side is more stupid in this case. I have dealt with people coming too close from behind when the speed of play cannot be increased due to groups in front. That is really irritating But it does not excuse attacking the other person either. Just a little thought is all it takes for everyone to enjoy their day a little more. And yes, the same is true on the roads.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    I think when you hit someone with a driver, your in the wrong thats pretty obvious. That being said, I once had someone hit a ball that landed through my legs, they didn't even wait until I reached my ball. I just walked up, picked up their ball, re-teed it back towards the tee blocks and let'er rip. it was alot of fun seeing them run and I hope they got the message. That being said, if would have hit someone and caused injury I would have paid the price for being totally in the wrong. Now I like to either step on their ball and plug it or wait until the turn around and explain to them my displeasure, I have never had anyone not see it my way. I guess the mature thing to do is to report it but to me that always seems like that kid on the play ground at recess that would squeel on everone instead of handling it within the ranks.
    Denny

Amateur Golfpeasant is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by dbleber
    I think when you hit someone with a driver, your in the wrong thats pretty obvious. That being said, I once had someone hit a ball that landed through my legs, they didn't even wait until I reached my ball. I just walked up, picked up their ball, re-teed it back towards the tee blocks and let'er rip. it was alot of fun seeing them run and I hope they got the message. That being said, if would have hit someone and caused injury I would have paid the price for being totally in the wrong. Now I like to either step on their ball and plug it or wait until the turn around and explain to them my displeasure, I have never had anyone not see it my way. I guess the mature thing to do is to report it but to me that always seems like that kid on the play ground at recess that would squeel on everone instead of handling it within the ranks.
    Denny
    Whenever you drive into a crowd or even one person (and I'm talking about the people who hit into you), you are risking killing someone. If a golf ball strikes someone on the temple, its game over...so anyone impatient enough to drive into people deserves SOME kind of lesson. I don't think a driver over the head is it, but i don't exactly feel sorry for him either.

bambam
    I witnessed a simular situation last year wear the gentleman from the oposite fairway hit his ball did not call 4 and the gentelmen got the ball in the %^#@!. The gentlement had the nerve to go get his ball and did not appoligize for hitting him and a fight broke out in the fairway.

What's next full contact golf?

Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bambam
    What's next full contact golf?
    Could liven up the game a little.... At least in a viewing sense...

I can't say I've never hit too early, or hit a stray shot into someone's group or anything... This stuff happens. But, the story doesn't really give much detail as to what actually happened that led up to the guy wrapping a driver around the other guy's head... It doesn't even clearly state that the guy who did the driver-wrapping was the guy who was hit IN TO. All it says is that some guy hit a ball into a group and the end result was someone getting worked over.

For all we know, they may even have known each other....

GRIP IT AND RIP IT!

Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

Thread Information