CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar

Skycaddie ????????????

Hi guys--getting ready to pull the trigger

Looking at the Skycaddie---I think it has the best value for dollar BUT they do not seem to have the best reputation. If it works --great--if it does not it seems you are up against the wall--especially if it has to be shipped out of country.

The across the board prices are the same at home as here in the US--from any reputable retailer other than online. Online has better prices but no real service.

Am I correct and what is your opinion ??

Something else to talk about while waiting for the snow to melt
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    racmbs is selling one on here for a good deal. I had an issue with the one I bought last season, but my home course just took it back for me and credited my account. I'll pick a new one up this year when the club opens again. They are awesome. Especially the ability to move around the cursor to get different distances on the course.

Forum Jedi XTOUR is on a distinguished road XTOUR's Avatar
    You deal with Jancor out of Montreal. When the SGX first came out, there were issues with them. They paid for the Purolator and I received a new unit in two days. Great service!!
    Proud member of the 2010, 2011 ,2012 OG vs TGN RYDER CUP
    Captain of 2012 Team OG Ryder Cup Champions!

Putter Jimmy3864 is on a distinguished road
    I have had the 2.5, SG5 and now have the SGXw....service has been superb, even covered out of warranty issue years ago. As mentioned above, last year had issue with my SGXw and had a new replacement (all synced with my courses) next day and just shipped back my old unit in the free return purolator box. I find the $30 per year birdie subscription is worth the features and accuracy. I have always bought them on eBay at deep discounts and never had problem with Canada servicing. Best of luck.

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    Same here Big Mac... I had one for about 6 years now and love it. Good service by Jancor in Montreal.
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Champion racmbs is on a distinguished road racmbs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    Hi guys--getting ready to pull the trigger

Looking at the Skycaddie---I think it has the best value for dollar BUT they do not seem to have the best reputation. If it works --great--if it does not it seems you are up against the wall--especially if it has to be shipped out of country.

The across the board prices are the same at home as here in the US--from any reputable retailer other than online. Online has better prices but no real service.

Am I correct and what is your opinion ??

Something else to talk about while waiting for the snow to melt
    I've used every GPS device available for golf, and hands down the SkyCaddie gives the most accurate readings on-course and has the best features, IMHO. I migrated over to the Garmin G6 and within 1 month I was fed up with the inaccuracies it was giving off. I also found it to be a PITA to read during the day as the backlight just wasn't as strong as the SGX. I had 2 technical issues with an SGX I owned prior to my SGX-W and others have said the service with Jancor was VERY good. Of course being the typical club/gear whore I sold my SGX-W off and will probably get another later, but belonging to a private course I didn't have any use for it so that was my main reason for selling it.

Team Match Play Champ 2012 sebber is on a distinguished road sebber's Avatar
    Just my 2 cents, I had a few gps based golf tools before including a few skycaddies, i have now migrated to range finders and wow, I am in love with the thing. I don't use it on every shot but I find it's a great tool and also great for when practising on non marked areas (soccer fields, back yard green space, etc!

But of all the GPS units that I had, skycaddie was tops!
    Captain of the Back to Back Ryder Cup Champs 12-13!

7 Iron sliceleft is on a distinguished road
    No one mentioned the cell phone apps for golf. I have never used one, but could someone offer comments on how they compare to SkyCaddie?

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Cell phone GPS recievers are nowhere near as accurate. They can be off by 10 - 20 yards. OK for driving but not for golf.
    Last edited by Kilroy; 03-30-2013 at 07:40 AM.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Team Match Play Champ 2012 sebber is on a distinguished road sebber's Avatar
    I agree with Kilroy, also, they are cell phone battery killers! I usually plug in my iphone every 2 days. But one round of golf using Golf Logix would eat up 60% of my battery! My vote is still for Range Finders, you become less dependant and only pull it out when really needed! Nothing more annoying than playing with someone who checks every yardage, even on chips, like come on!
    Captain of the Back to Back Ryder Cup Champs 12-13!

With a Skycaddie on your belt it takes about 10 seconds to check a yardage. Quicker than a rangefinder, but if you need to know the exact distance to the pin, the rangefinder wins.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 gbower is on a distinguished road
    I've got a rangefinder, a Skycaddie SG5, a Garmin G6 and recently installed Golflogix on my iphone and I found the iphone to be as accurate as my Garmin was. I used it beside guys using a Skycaddie and rangefinder and I had no problems with the accuracy it gave me. As far as the battery is concerned I have had more than 60% battery left after every round except one and that one I was trying some flyover downloads which I'm sure ate it up but it was still over 50%. The Skycaddie needs a new battery and if someone wants it cheap just make me an offer and the Garmin will also be going on the market.

Interesting Gerry. Which iPhone is that I wonder. Times are changing fast

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 gbower is on a distinguished road
    It's a 2 yr. old iphone 4. The first two rounds I took my Garmin with me and both within a couple of yards. All my rounds were with other guys with either GPS's or rangefinders so I did a lot of comparisons and was very satisfied and surprised as I had heard nothing positive about using one on the mobile phones.

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    I have Golfshot gps for my i phone 4 and the Callaway upro gps and they are within a few yards of each other , the only difference being the i phone app needs about 20 seconds to zero in to your location. And there is approx 40% battery life left after a full round.
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

7 Iron jlaidley is on a distinguished road jlaidley's Avatar
    I moved from a Skycaddie to Callaway upro mx. Skycaddie worked fine but I got tired of the annual fees.
    I much prefer a GPS to a rangefinder (I have both). I find the GPS gives me instant yardages from anywhere.
    Make your golf leagues GREAT with the "golfscoring" league system: LIVE scoring on your lounge TV, handicapping & lots of other features. PM me to learn more.

Consistently present bobbyc is on a distinguished road bobbyc's Avatar
    Have used sky caddie for 4 yrs now. 2 with SG5. 2 with SGX. Love them !! Trust them over any yardage marker !! Annual fees = one round of golf + a beer to lower your score, play better and play a bit faster !!!! If a Bushnell tells me 169 to the pin and my SGX can quickly tell me 145 Front / 175 Middle / 190 Back ..... I should be on tour if I can hit 169 ! Love the SGX !!

Thread Information