I have found through my research that FLO makes sense for me. I can't afford to buy a shaft frequency meter at this point. Also, I don't want to take my shafts to the shop for puring because I want to do all of the work myself. I think that bearing spine finders are not enough given the fact that shafts' inherent irregularities will scew the spines and nbp's that you read off the bearing spine finders. They are good for finding a "ball-park" region of the spine(s) and nbp(s). From there, FLOwing the shafts makes sense to me. I like to put the FLOwed nbp down the target line, and the spine facing directly in front of me at address.

I found that with clamping shafts for FLOwing into a vice with only shaft clamps, even the heavy duty ones, I would have to tighten the vise down pretty hard to get the weighted shaft to be stable in the vise. I actually "ovalised" the butt end of one of my shafts. Arrrrgh! It pained me...

I recently bought a quick release "Quick Shaft Clamp" to address my problem. Both Golfworks and Golfsmith sell them. I got the one from Golfworks because I had a 20% off coupon on tools from them. It works beautifully -- secure, yet gentle on the butt end of the shaft. An additional benefit is that it is very helpful at quickly rotating and repositioning the shaft during the FLO procedure. The vise and clamp method was laborious, and slow.

So, if you want to FLO your own shafts, I can't recommend a vise-mount quick release shaft clamp tool enough! It makes the job so much easier -- safer on my shafts, and much quicker!

Cheers!