CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar

National Capital Golf Tour

I know a lot of OGers know about this fun handicap based tour but I just wanted to brag about the great course line up this year and maybe entice some of you to join up and enjoy it. I have been on the tour for 5 years and its a great way to meet other avid golfers and play some of the best courses around. It gets the competitive juices flowing but at the same time its a great time because anyone can win regardless of their playing level. Here are the courses so far

Cloverdale Links, a nice links style course, perfect for the start of the year, you know nice and wide open for those WTF shots, lots of room out there and that's important especially at the start of the season
    Pakenham Highlands, a better test for sure. Lots of hills and lakes, like highlands almost
    Montebello, one of the premiere courses around, Stanley Thompson design, fantastic layout, amazing greens, not long but man it makes you think on every shot.My favourite.
    Eagle Creek, another premiere course in the area, need I say more, got your interest yet??
    Equinelle, a relatively new course but already one of the areas favorites, great layout and challenge
    Renfrew GC, great little course, like a mullet haircut, short in the front and long in the back.
    Greensmere Legacy, great course once again, great golf holes.
    Outaouais, older course with plenty of challenges around every corner, one of my favourites, good putters like this one
    Meadows, the closing event of the year always has a lot of drama as we settle in on who will be the champion.
    There is one more course that is yet undecided but word has it that it will also be a premiere course, don't ask me though

It would be great to have more of you Ogers come aboard, you will not regret it!! I am really posting this because I know how much I enjoy playing on the tour and I know a lot of you local OGers would like it too especially with the great course lineup this year.
    Last edited by leftylucas; 03-06-2013 at 12:00 PM.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Very nice lineup.
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    You should come along Pablo, you could be in da money!!
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Bogie GoingLow is on a distinguished road GoingLow's Avatar
    Eagle Creek in the mix......wow......I wouldn't call that Premiere Lefty...I would call that Ottawa's best.....

Fair enough but it is subjective so...
    Lefty Lucas

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    For those of you who have not played on the National Capital Golf Tour, let me tell you that I dearly miss the tour and its cast of characters (men and women). In the waning days of winter, I always looked forward to teeing it up in one of their events. If you like a bit of competition with lots of laugh, give it a try. You won't regret it. Would that we had something like it in the GTA.
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    Sounds like something you could organize in the GTA, now that you are retired and have all that free time...LOL

Too many backseat drivers in the GTA for my liking.

Quote Originally Posted by BogeyGolf View Post
    Sounds like something you could organize in the GTA, now that you are retired and have all that free time...LOL
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Here's the updated schedule. Greyhawk has been added (most likely Talon, but not 100% yet), and Eagle Creek has moved from June 16th to August 11th.

2013 NCGT Schedule
    May 05 — Terry Firman Memorial at Cloverdale
    May 19 — Pakenham
    June 02 — Montebello
    June 16 — Greyhawk
    June 23 — RYDER CUP*
    July 7 — eQuninelle
    July 21 — STUGGY*
    July 28 — Renfrew
    August 11 — Eagle Creek
    August 18 — Greensmere
    August 23-25 — ROAD TRIP*
    September 8 — Outaouais
    September 22 — Meadows
    October 6 — 2-Man Scramble*

* unofficial events
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

That is a fantastic line up, I am really looking forward to this season. This is a great opportunity for all forum members to play these great courses.
    Lefty Lucas

Hopelessly Addicted jsttaylor is on a distinguished road jsttaylor's Avatar
    Is there somewhere on the NCGT website to view the green fees price for each round?
    Born to Golf Forced to Work

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    http://www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com/Schedule.aspx

Here you go Jeff
    We have a great lineup this year!
    Last edited by NoBack; 04-03-2013 at 09:58 AM.
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Hopelessly Addicted jsttaylor is on a distinguished road jsttaylor's Avatar
    Thanks. Great chance to play a couple Clublink courses. That just might get me to join. ;-)
    Born to Golf Forced to Work

Absolutely!
    and with Montebello, Outaouais and eQuinelle on tap it makes for a very nice schedule of events

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jsttaylor View Post
    Is there somewhere on the NCGT website to view the green fees price for each round?
    go here:

http://www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com/Schedule.aspx and hover over each event.

I'm not sure that this includes the $20 in additional fees for the cleaners, closest to the pin, etc.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

you are correct Jeff

it does not include the $20 event fees
    those are just the green fee prices

Bouche
    I was going to take part until I had to pay $75 just to be a member.
    Last edited by Bouche; 04-03-2013 at 07:44 PM.

Forum Jedi golfisforfun is on a distinguished road
    I agree...

What does the $75 cover?

Quote Originally Posted by Bouche View Post
    I was going to take part until I had to pay $75 just to be a member.

Champion goochy is on a distinguished road goochy's Avatar
    I have played on the NCGT for the past 4 years and absolutely love it. The best golf decision I have made. Great people playing competitive golf in a friendly atmosphere on a great mix of courses. Stableford makes it very equitable to compete and I have learned so much playing on this tour.
    I can't speak for the tour management but it is a really well run tour and those who organize it work very hard and selflessly for the benefit of the players. I can only speculate what the tour membership fee goes towards but some reasonable suggestions might be the hospitality provided after the opening event, trophies which are handed out at the end of each year, the small welcome pack of goodies and rule book each member receives at the start of the season, to help cover the fees involved in maintaining the web page etc.
    It's great fun....give it a go

Thanks for stepping in to answer that one Paul. You are mostly correct about the tour expences. Unfortunatly this tour or any tour does not run for free. It takes alot of time and effort by alot of guys that want it to succeed. We are not in it for the money. We run this tour as a "club like" atmosphere for the guys that do not belong to club as a member. To play with a bunch of guys so it FEELS like you belong to a club. That is our goal!

The fees do cover the meals at opening event, as well as the rcga rules books and welcome package for all members. It also covers website hosting and maintenance, NCGT banners, CTP pins and signs, scorecards & time sheets and other administrative issues which inlcudes any deposits we may be forced to pay up front as well as the Year End trophies and prizes. Not to mention other prizes and freebies that are handed out throughout the season.

The other big expence is event fees for our volunteers. The Starters, scoring and putting contest are all done by volunteers therefore we pay their event fees for the day. I hope this will help you understand that we definately not in this for the money.

Bouche
    What if someone wants to play one event to try it out. Would we have to pay the $75?

Uber Poster Paulio is on a distinguished road Paulio's Avatar
    No, you can play as a "guest"

I played on this tour for about 5 years. I would recommend it to anyone who likes to play for a little something while having fun at the same time.
    My name is Paul. And I'm a golfaholic.

Forum Jedi golfisforfun is on a distinguished road
    Maybe someone can clarify something...
    At the first event, Cloverdale, what tees does everyone play? Do you use course specific handicaps for each event? That course plays much different from white to blue tees which is why I am asking...

Anyways, hopefully someone can clear this up...

Thanks

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by golfisforfun View Post
    Maybe someone can clarify something...
    At the first event, Cloverdale, what tees does everyone play? Do you use course specific handicaps for each event? That course plays much different from white to blue tees which is why I am asking...

Anyways, hopefully someone can clear this up...

Thanks
    usually the whites, they try to have it at least 6000 yds. They use the appropriate index based on what tees you are playing at any course.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Bouche
    Well I would like to give it a try as a guest. How would I go about becoming a guest?

Quote Originally Posted by Bouche View Post
    Well I would like to give it a try as a guest. How would I go about becoming a guest?
    send me an email

Champion goochy is on a distinguished road goochy's Avatar
    Another phenomenal line up of courses for 2014. 10 great courses including Talon at Greyhawk, Eagle Creek, EQuinelle, and Outaouais plus Montebello in the fall this year will be stunning.
    I reiterate everything Leftylucas said in the OP and urge anyone to check it out
    I can't wait

This Tour is one of the things that I still miss since leaving Ottawa. The events were great. The competition fun, and the camaraderie, excellent. If you haven't tried it, you should. It the most fun you'll have with your clothes on.

Thread Information