100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    8 Iron kwantfm is on a distinguished road

Indoor LMs - Mark Crossfield's Opinion

Hi all,

I don't know whether you watch any of Mark Crossfield's YouTubes? I quite enjoy them. Anyway I was watching his comparison of the Nike VR Pro LE and the Covert Tour:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j66zy4VB4so

I know that he uses both Trackman and Flightscope and was interested to see dots on the face of the Covert Tour (you can see them at ~ 4:02 in the YouTube above). Looked to me like markings for GC2 HMT.

Anyway thought I'd ask Mark whether he had views on his favourite launch monitor for an indoor set up. He was kind enough to reply to me and let me know that GC2 with HMT was his favourite for indoors. Why? Because it directly measures the face.

Thought it was interesting to get his views as he's had experience with all three of the top tier LMs and I assume that he has views on consistency of data as well as accuracy.

Thoughts?

T

Sand Wedge jwm is on a distinguished road
    I'd love to see him do one of his thorough videos comparing them! Hint hint! I would prefer the GC2 w HMT indoors but when you factor in the cost + software the Flightscope looks better even if there is a compromise.

Ace wbealsd is on a distinguished road
    Hopefully, Foresight will realize it's overpriced the HMT sometime soon. I'm sure their sales will ultimately determine that, but I honestly think they'd increase market share more than enough to make up for a more reasonably priced bundle.

3 Wood northgolf is on a distinguished road
    Foresight hasn't realized its overpriced the course software, so there is no reason to believe they will realize they have overpriced the HMT.

Ace wbealsd is on a distinguished road
    I'm pretty sure they're currently pleased with their market position, which is why I hope the competition continues to improve

Quote Originally Posted by jwm View Post
    I'd love to see him do one of his thorough videos comparing them! Hint hint! I would prefer the GC2 w HMT indoors but when you factor in the cost + software the Flightscope looks better even if there is a compromise.
    There's a guy on GolfWRX who owns a Flightscope X2 and has had it for almost two years. He's extremely happy with it and was particularly keen on the VX2 tablet app. I've been reading some worrying things about Flightscope data quality recently though.

Hybrid fhann is on a distinguished road fhann's Avatar
    I have the Flightscope X2 launch monitor and I am very satisfied with it. I presently am using it indoors and find the data very reliable. I have jist acquired the VX2 tablet app and find it extremely interesting. I have not spent much time with the new app but like the options that it provides.

Frank Hann
    Engineered Golf
    Engineered Golf - Frank Hann 3.8 GHIN
    www.engineeredgolf.ca

Quote Originally Posted by fhann View Post
    I have the Flightscope X2 launch monitor and I am very satisfied with it. I presently am using it indoors and find the data very reliable. I have jist acquired the VX2 tablet app and find it extremely interesting. I have not spent much time with the new app but like the options that it provides.

Frank Hann
    Engineered Golf
    Thanks... that's reassuring.

Thread Information