CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Driver

Weekend Hacker Steelhead is on a distinguished road Steelhead's Avatar

New Driver Advice

I will be buying a new driver in the next few weeks and wanted to get opinions on the new R1. I know that it came out during the winter but maybe some board members tried it out down south.

My decision was pretty set on getting an R11S TP since they have reduced them buyt if the R1 is much better then I might go for that one.

Thx
    [FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=1][/SIZE][/FONT]

Habitual poster adam is on a distinguished road adam's Avatar
    I only got to try the R1 with the stock 55 gram shaft but I found it to have a much better feel than the R11 or R11s . . I think they both hit pretty low spin shots and are good drivers when fitted properly but I'd give the edge in feel to the R1 . . looks . . well that's personal preference.
    Even I've never heard of me

Team Match Play Champ 2012 sebber is on a distinguished road sebber's Avatar
    I haven't tried the R1 yet. I do have the R11s and it has been a game changer for me. I know this will sound like an advertisement but it isn't... this is true real world changes for me... Much straighter flight (either straight or a very manageable fade on 90% of my drives), gained a ton of yards and the more i play and gain confidence with it, the longer i keep going.

That being said, TM usually competes with itself only, so I can only imagine how much better the R1 is its predecessors...

Go to GT and try it, they are usually pretty cool with letting you hit as many balls as you want!
    Captain of the Back to Back Ryder Cup Champs 12-13!

Thread Information