CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Golf Nut sabzor is on a distinguished road

Scotty Cameron Lie Angle

Looking to get the lie angle on my del mar flattened a bit. I know golftown said they can't do it. I've had stuff bent at golf works before but they always seem to put scratches/dings in them....

Any recommendations?

Forum Jedi XTOUR is on a distinguished road XTOUR's Avatar
    Get GT to send it to Scotty. Had one done on a previous SC Newport and had it back within a week and a half. Cost was 25.00
    Proud member of the 2010, 2011 ,2012 OG vs TGN RYDER CUP
    Captain of 2012 Team OG Ryder Cup Champions!

Sand Wedge hoganblades is on a distinguished road hoganblades's Avatar
    Good idea, and great price! I had my two Scotties done in their shop when I had them restored by them. Great work on the restoration! I was like a kid in a candy shop when I got my 2001 Mil Spec back home looking brand new. Same thing happened when I got my 1998 Prototype home looking brand new. They set up these two putters to be the same specs on my request. Two sweet putters acting the same way. Peachy-keen!

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by XTOUR View Post
    Get GT to send it to Scotty. Had one done on a previous SC Newport and had it back within a week and a half. Cost was 25.00

7 Iron jlaidley is on a distinguished road jlaidley's Avatar
    Do you know the current lie angle of the putter? Make sure you don't go too upright and past the 10* legal limit!

Fairway Junkie calleygolf is on a distinguished road
    ^ he wants to go flatter, not more upright. Scotties are pretty soft and I've bent numerous ones without damaging them, including my own (Studio Select in the black finish)

6 Iron EagleEagle is on a distinguished road
    I have a question about lie angle.I have the select Newport 2 notchback and think I have changed my putting stance a bit to address the putter flat and square to the ball.I also recently bought a Kombi s mallet putter and this 34 inch seems to sit more naturally flat and square at address.Is it just a matter of comfort that one looks for in knowing when one should adjust the lie angle or do I need to be fitted and where?
    Thanks

Championship Cup atomic is on a distinguished road
    According to the website, both putters are 71 lie and 4 degrees of loft...

Thanks.The Kombi s mallet sure seems to sit flatter and I don't have a tendency to choke up on it. maybe the difference between blade and mallet. Am starting to prefer my Newport 2 nb last couple games.I e mailed a store in the west end and if he does a fitting at a reasonable price I might go see him.

1 Iron savosean is on a distinguished road savosean's Avatar
    Why can't golf town do it, seems pretty odd they do not have the proper tools to complete the job

Playing Winter Rules mr. chopper is on a distinguished road mr. chopper's Avatar
    I own 7 Scotty Cameron putters in which Scotty himself built two for me personally. I have all my custom work done at the Custom Shop in Carlsbad Springs California which does not come cheap.

I have had Golfworks on Industrial Ave. in Ottawa flatten the lie on my Golo 5 and California series Delmar both 3 degrees. They have a the proper lie and loft machine and there was no marks or scratching of any kind on the putter during the process.

I think they charged me $7.00 to flatten the lie on each putter. Golftown does not bend Scotty Cameron putters because of their relationship with Titleist customer service agreement.

I'm not sure of the return shipping costs to Scotty's custom shop for a simple lie adjustment but when you send a putter to Carlsbad for custom work they insist that they ship the putter back to via FedEx insured for the putter’s value. You will also pay brokerage fees, taxes and duties on the value of the work done and the putter if you cannot prove that the putter was purchased in Canada and sent to the USA for the purpose of having custom or warranty work done. See attached pics of the two putters Scotty built for me.

Feb 8 2012 358.jpgFeb 8 2012 353.jpg

Golf town doesn't have a bending machine.they due not carry Scotty cameron grips if it doesn't come off easy,they don't have a wrench to remove the weights or carry Scotty cameron putter weights.
    You can buy after market weights on line and wrenches but basically Scotty Cameron has it set up that you have to ship the putter to them to have work properly done.
    As far as a proper putter fitting is concerned,I am not sure.

Nice putters mr choppers.Think I go to Kanata to get fitted then send it off to Scotty to have it cut and weights added if needed,in off season.Might add a white sight line as well.It will cost a few bucks but it will be done properly.

Playing Winter Rules mr. chopper is on a distinguished road mr. chopper's Avatar
    All Golftowns have bending machines I have had dozens of clubs bent both lie and lofts. They just don't touch Scotty camerons pretty much like everyone else. As far as grips, weights, head covers and tools there is not a retail store and or pro shop that carries any of those. Titleist/ Scotty Cameron have absolutely created a little empire when it comes to servicing there putter products. If you are simply loking to get a little lie adjustment done I would consider Golfworks.

I am more leaning towards having my 34 cut to a 33 and would want the weights changed from the 15 to the 20 which comes stock with the 33.Also would like to keep the original grip the same.Not sure yet about the lie angle ,never been fitted for a putter before.Just seems my Kombi s sits flatter at address yet they are the same lie angle so would like to understand why form a good fitter.

Thread Information