CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    8 Iron Riggy69 is on a distinguished road

Club head speed for sims ?

Hey fellow sim players. I would like to know everyone's Clubhead speed . Mine is SW : 65mph for 90 yards and Driver : 92-102 for 250- 280 yards. Is this below average or average ?
    I am tweaking my optishot with thicker turf and wondering if my speed is slower ? I think I have to go to golftown and get my real clubheadspeed then I'll know for sure and adjust the optishot .

Thanks

Riggy
    Last edited by Riggy69; 02-23-2013 at 08:57 PM.

Bogie pingB is on a distinguished road
    92mph club head speed on a driver will not send the ball 250. 102mph well struck probably more like 220-240 depending on humidity, wind, course firmness etc..

PGA Tour driver speed average I think is about 112. Average distance somewhere around 290 with 20 yards of roll. So average carry of about 270.

92-102 Driver is average for weekend golfers though.

3 Iron walb0034 is on a distinguished road
    It's so specific to you as an individual it's impossible to say if your optishot is correct. I will say that's too much distance for a golfer not getting a perfect smash factor of 1.55 though. That's the problem with clubhead only sims, they assume every shot is flushed with perfect smash factor.

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    http://www.flightscope.com/index.php...optimizer.html

would have thought this was relatively OK to work off for the optishot

The opti does punish distance for non " center shots" but isn't perfect . If DD just added some roll to the ball it would be more realistic as I find every shot just sticks. I am scheduling a session at the local golf town to analize my swing . I believe they have the About golf Sims. Whatever Clubhead speed I get there I will tweak into my opti clubsets and I will also make sure my carry distance is the same. I know it isn't real golf but By taking the time and tweaking , you can make it as close as possible. Also it's masde my winters much more fun !

I would love to know where all the opti users are placing there lights? How far, what wattage, how many etc ?

Putter vikramg is on a distinguished road
    Get a swing speed radar , around 100 usd from amazon and you are good to start tweaking the speed percentages for each club in the clubset.

The radar is pretty accurate and a great tool to work on, for increasing your drivers swing speed.

3 Wood Stonebattle is on a distinguished road
    Riggy69
    I have a swing speed that is close to yours. My smooth, get in in the fairway, swing is a bit higher then your, but my aggressive swing is very close to your top end. You wrote 92 to 102. Mine is more on the order of 95 to 101.

I keep track of rounds and one of the statistics I keep track of is driving distance. To get accuate results, I find I have to pace off the distance from the tee to something easy to target with my lazer range finder. That might include a raised tee marker, trash can or tree trunk. Then of course I add or subtract the distance I get from my lazer range finder.

My average driving distance last year was 248 yards. I only count those drives in the fairway and in general there are two holes where I might hit a 4 metal or a 3 hybrid. This will tend to reduce the average distance somewhat.

Although, I have to say, when on the course I tend to swing more aggressively than would normally.
    Last edited by Stonebattle; 03-05-2013 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Make it more readable

Thread Information