CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Hybrid clankoffdatee is on a distinguished road
    :
    Oui oui mon amie but happarently it has been renovated as per some of mes
    amies who happreciate da fine harts. Not me of course...
    As for Greyhawk, it is scheduled to be closed for the entire 2003 season to be completely re-done and re-open as "The Talon"- an 18hole private Clublink course together with" The Predator" will offer 36 holes private- no gren fees and only guests. Clublinks target is 500 members per 18. Hurry up boyz as prices will be going up dramatically May31st($6500 initian from $4500).Hope that sheds some light ther em69 pri

Birdie mr shank is on a distinguished road
    Colby - Heritage is a great course, a super value compared to similar courses in the area. The only tough part is the blind tee shots. You might want to play the course twice so you'll know where to hit the ball the second time around.

Also, Faucon Bleu did burn down, but it has been rebuilt and is better than ever

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar

Thumbs up Trip details

The trip was great.

Heritage was good value for the money, $44.00 including carts, but there were some issues:

- The greens were quite furry and the ball was not rolling very true, bouncing left and right, sometimes on the same putt.
    - When I booked, they didn't tell me that #11 was closed. It is being rebuilt, so we were told to play 2 balls on #17. This caused a fair bit of a line up on #17.
    - No beverage cart this early in the season. The course was packed, I couldn't understand that.

I managed to win one of the closest to the pins pot, so it was a good round.

Le Diable is in fantastic shape. The greens are cut and quick, carts anywhere but certain roped off areas, including the greens as is normal for all courses. The only issues there are the numerous sand traps and waste bunkers, but that is my own stupid golfing, and the resort round of 5.5 hours. The weather was great, I won another pin pot, and all this for $65.00 including cart. A great value, but only until May 31st, then summer rates start to take effect.

Le Geant was in a little rougher shape. Some winter burns on some of the greens caused a few balls to fall off line, that's my story and I'm sticking to that,however it was nice to play from a sight seeing point of view. I personally think it's prettier than Le Diable. It was my worst round of the three, I lost everything :crying Still at $65.00 including cart, it's a great deal, especially since both Le Geant and Le Diable are in the Ottawa Golf red book.

Lots of beer, BBQ steak and pasta were consumed, and plans are made for next year already!
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Shotmaker spidey is on a distinguished road spidey's Avatar

Greensmere

Greensmere is shaping up amazingly. Greens are full and lush, fairways are growing in excellently and the rough has gotten pretty gnarly in the last few days. There continue to be improvements all around the course, including the shaping and seeding of the practice green. A week doesn't go by without something improving dramatically. I suspect many people wouldn't recognize it as some of the changes are pretty major.

Dan, I suspect you'll want to go out and grab a few more pics soon, and the beer's a lot colder than it was the last time you were there.
    [color=blue]s[/color][color=red]p[/color][color=blue]i[/color][color=red]d[/color][color=blue]e[/color][color=red]y[/color]

[color=seagreen]"Got more dirt than ball. Here we go again."
    Alan Shepard, Apollo 14 Commander, Amateur-Golfer, preparing to take another swing during his famous moon walk in 1971.
    [/color]

7 Wood golfguy is on a distinguished road golfguy's Avatar
    Well I played Manderly last night for the twilight, we managed to get the full 18 in just under 4 hours. Found the greens a little rough and slow and some fairways pretty hard as well.

However it was still a great round and my first time playing Manderly as well.

Looking forward to playing Emerald Links this weekend and Stonebridge early next week.

Any recommendations for courses in the area that are in tip top shape?

Regards,

Pitching Wedge MooseKnuckle is on a distinguished road
    Emerald & Greensmere

Playing golf is very similar to life.

You gotta have lots of spare balls in your bag to make the perfect score, cause over time, your going to lose some of them...:shot

Well I will get to check out Emerald on Sunday morning, Greensmere I have never played. I Will look into playing there soon.

Thanks.

Getting Exemptions The Shtick is on a distinguished road The Shtick's Avatar
    golfguy-

Why would you play Emerald Links when you can take on Dan, Steve, and the rest of us at Cascades in the OG Tour??

My wife and I are going to go out for a round on Sunday so we can't leave the little one for too long with the sitter.

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar

Talking Other courses

The Meadows has been in excellent shape so far this year. Everything is green!

Emerald Links is also in great shape. Was there yesterday and they actually had someone watering down the greens by hand it was getting so hot. But everything in great shape.

Of course there is also Eagle Creek .........

Has anybody played Packenham lately? I am going today for a round and am wonderring what type of shape the course is in.

Thanks.

You gotta have lots of spare balls in your bag to make the perfect score, cause over time, your going to lose some of them...:shot

Getting Exemptions The Shtick is on a distinguished road The Shtick's Avatar

Upper Canada

I played Upper Canada yesterday in the first OVGA "B" class event . The course was in fantastic shape as expected. I haven't played there since '95 but I surely recommend it for the ones who haven't played there in a while for it seemed a lot tighter than I remember. It's well worth the drive.....

P.S. Thanks for the pocket pro Steve- I needed it!!

I played at Packenham yesterday, and I was not impressed with the course at all, well in some ways.

Although the course has a great layout, and was in decent shape, to put it simply, I didn't like it.

The fairways were very hard, there was alot of clover & white dandylions (don't know what they're called, but they look just like golf balls), and didn't see a drink cart the whole round.

I feel bad saying these things, because the course has a fantastic layout, but it would be alot more fun to hit a good shot, and be able to find your ball afterwards.

I can't complain too much though, it would be alot nicer if it were bent grass, but I don't have the millions of dollars to make that happen, so I don't expect other to as well.

Overall good day.

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar

Thumbs up Hylands North

Played Hylands for the forst time and I hope I get to go back some time, Dan any hope of getting an event there in the furture?

We played the North course, and with the exception of the magic ball attracting trees, the course is great to play. The fairways and greens were carpet perfect, the sand was fluffy, the beverage cart was plentiful and no water! There are a couple of long holes, especially coming in, 16 17 and 18 are 411, 385 and 397 from the whites, and some landing areas are narrow requiring accurate shots off of the tee. All in all, a very nice place to play.

Oh yeah, the rough was deep in places and fluffy too, balls liked to settle down.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Golf Nut nice_lag is on a distinguished road

Yeah Hylands is a very nice golf course. I don't know how difficult it would be though for a "civilian" organisation to plan something there. And judging by how busy it is on weekends (I always have to line-up for early birds on weekends and I'm there at around 5.15am), it might be a feat difficult to accomplish but worthwhile. Maybe Dan can use his influence
    nice_lag
    Almonte

3 Iron donh is on a distinguished road donh's Avatar

Question Renfrew Golf Club

Just wondering...

What kind of shape Renfrew is in???

Thanks
    Last edited by donh; 06-20-2002 at 12:57 PM.
    Thanks for the screen-time.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 gbower is on a distinguished road

Thumbs up Renfrew condition

Played Renfrew a week and a half ago and it was in great shape. I really like what they did with the greens. Many more bunkers added and greens were rolling really good. Couldn't believe though on the Sunday hardly anyone there. We never had to wait (actually go off early) and never had anyone pushing us.

Enjoy

I'm a regular Andy4Par is on a distinguished road Andy4Par's Avatar

Pakenham

Me and two friends played Pakenham Sunday morning,and I am not impressed. The day started out bad. Sprinklers were left on tee boxes and greens for 3 holes, the marshal was hurrying us at lake #8 when we teed off the group ahead was on the green...whats that about? The dandilions were bad but only because I was in the rough more often than the fairway. Some parts of the course were dry, some too wet and island #3 fairway was still unplayable. For the $33 bucks, and the cost of beer and travel...I'll stick to the OGC courses.

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar

Angry hmmmmmm

Thanks for the update!

We were there about 3 weeks ago and had the same thing happen to us. Why are they leaving sprinklers on while there are golfers on the course, especially the tee boxes?

We are supposed to go the there tomorow but...........

Going to call and find out........thanks!

NOTE>>>>>>>>>> played manderley yesterday and things are looking real good. Started at 630am and was in house at 1100am......and played Meadows on saturday.........also in great condition!!
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

RJ16
    Played Greensmere yesterday....things have improved growth wise since last year for sure....no more hitting out of clay for the girlfriend!...though we did find the $38.00 a bit steep....

greens were in good shape....but very slow for how firm they felt...and what's with the hollow sound when a ball hits it?...

black tees were rough.....very thin....

all in all....a good day....

Has anybody played The Meadows since all the rain fell this weekend? I have a tournament there tommorow and would like to know what type of shape the course is in.

I hope it's not too soggy.

Thanks

Dutchie

Thumbs up Meadows conditions OK

Hi,

I played Meadows this morning (June 18) and conditions where quite decent. The West course was a bit more wet than the North one, it has some puddles on the fairways. The course was drying up quickly while we were playing though, so it might be better tomorrow. Greens were great. Staying dry on this course is not easy though, even when it hasn't rained in weeks

The Meadows conditions on their West and North courses were immaculate yesterday. The greens were perfect, and the fairways were great.

I must say though, their concession staff (well, only one guy) was a different story.

After our first nine, we went in to get a snack, and there was a grounds worker in line ahead of us. When it came to serving him, the guy abrubtly pushed him aside, and said, "customer's first!" We then told the guy to serve him, that he was there ahead of us, and he said "no, customer's are first priority!" After I looked at the grounds worker and told him "freindly staff here eh?", he said, "I guess my money is no good here.", then walked out.

I felt so bad for this guy, I'm sure he just wanted a drink, it was pretty hot outside, and the concession guy was a real ***hole. Anyways, if anybody is going to the Meadows, and reads this, if a short guy with glasses and slicked back hair serves you food, be sure not to leave him a tip. That put a real bad taste in my mouth.

Dan: Please excuse the language, but there is no other way to say it (I put stars in place of swears )

In the Zone 4jag is on a distinguished road 4jag's Avatar
    Sounds like he was having a bad hair day.

But he was likely just doing as he was instructed by serving customers first. Of course there is no need to be an arsehole about it - if you asked him serve the worker first then that is what he should have done - the customer is always right.

Caddy powerlefty is on a distinguished road

Eagle Creek

I played Eagle Creek recently and came away with mixed impressions of its conditioning. I usually play there once a year and have always been impressed by the conditioning until this last visit.

The greens were excellent and very fast.

The fairways were good but had several areas with dead spots - and not, they were not marked GUR.

The bunkers were poor. Many had grass growing in them (and not just a sprig or two either) and the bunkers on 18 actually had a fine gravel mixed in with the sand!

All in all it is still a great course but given the $70 green fee it is slipping behind Stonebridge in terms of conditioning in my opinion.

davlbrown

Advice on a decent course

I am traveling to Ottawa on business this weekend and have time for a game on Sunday. I shoot in 80's or 90's on moderately tough courses. Any recommendations? I would need to complete play by 4:00 PM to head northwest. Are there courses that can fit in single players? Thanks.

7 Iron statsfreak is on a distinguished road

Lightbulb Courses

Perhaps depends what end of town you are staying in.

If you are in the west, you might try Loch March or Eagle Creek. I would imagine you might be able to get on either of those places as a single for a mid morning time. Can call ahead to check in any case. And both courses are very nice and will give your game a challenge.

Have fun and enjoy, and I hope you get the game in.

davlbrown
    Thank you so much for your helpful advice.

Played Greensmere yesterday. The course was in immaculate condition, and there was not one bare spot on any green, they were all perfect.

The staff there is also very nice. I am really impressed with this course.

Cost $33 for a 4:30 tee off with a power cart. Well worth it.

I'm a regular Andy4Par is on a distinguished road Andy4Par's Avatar

Iroquois Golf Club

I am playing at Iroquois on Sunday. Can anyone give me an idea of what to expect in the way of course conditions, etc. Never been there...thanks!

Thread Information