100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar

Stonebridge...

was in great condition two weeks ago when I played. My only complaint was that the greens needed to be cut and were a little bumpy. The fairwars were mid season form. The pro shop also went out of their way to get me a game as I showed up solo.

Pitching Wedge MooseKnuckle is on a distinguished road
    So I called Cloverdale today to book a time for Sunday, and they told me that thier back nine is closed due to flooding, and they are not even letting carts onto the course yet.

Has anybody recently played Greensmere?

I read earlier on this month that only the front nine were open, are all 18 open now? What is this course like anyways, I guess I will find out Sunday.

Playing golf is very similar to life.

You gotta have lots of spare balls in your bag to make the perfect score, cause over time, your going to lose some of them...:shot

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar

Lightbulb

Moose, I had already booked Cloverdale for tomorrow, and they phoned and left me a message saying the same thing, BUT ... when I called to cancel my tee time, they had re-opened the back nine. Seems that the high winds and dried it out enough. I let you know tomorrow just how wet it really is.

Thumbs up

Just got back from Cloverdale. One hole (#17) was very wet, but the rest of the course was fine. A few damp spots here and there, but playable - and of course the greens were excellent. Some of the water hazards are a little bigger ...

blur13
    Just played Stonebridge friday night. Teed off at 5:10, and managed to get in all 18 holes. The course was in great shape. The fairways had a little buildup of water, but all and all, in pretty good shape.

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar

Thumbs up cederhill

Course was in good shape this morning and pace of play was good.............. greens were ok , fairways were dry and only one temporary tee.
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

I played at Greensmere today, and it was great.

The course had a few spots where it was sandy, but it was rare to see unless your shot missed the fairway by a good margain. It was fun to play, the front nine reminded me of Cloverdale, and the back nine was very cool, alot of elevation.

The greens were great, this course will be one of the best in the city in a couple years, once the rough has a few years to take shape and grow in.

Great course, $33 for a twilight time including a power cart.

You gotta have lots of spare balls in your bag to make the perfect score, cause over time, your going to lose some of them...:shot

Has anybody played StoneBridge latelly after 5pm for thier Twilight?

I might be heading that way this weekend, and I want to know:

a) What kind of shape the course is in
    b) Are there any problems getting the full 18 holes in by dark

Thanks.

blur13
    i Just played stonebridge last night. The course is in really good shape with only a few greens having some bare spots. The fairways are dry.

We teed off at 5:20 (foursome), and managed to get in 15 holes. It was getting hard to see the ball, as there was a lot of cloud color, and it was getting dark

I also teed off last week at 5:10, and there were only 2 of us, with a cart, we managed to get in all 18 holes.

Was it busy when you went at 5 (twilight)? Were you stuck waiting behind people, any log jams?

The reason why I'm asking is because I would like to play the course, but I can only do it late on the weekend, and I don't want to get screwed only being able to play 14-15 holes.

Thanks.

blur13
    Well, both times it was not that busy, No waiting etc. You will need to get a cart to get in the full 18 at this time of year though. We were stopped early last last due to the cloud cover, and the people we were with did not have a cart. So that slowed things up quite a bit

I realize that ClubLink courses are not part of this site, but I would still like to ask the question:

I have got a tee time at the Dome this weekend. I am asking if anybody has played there recently, and in what kind of shape the course is in.

Let's hope the "ClubLink employees" will be the group ahead of us again.

Thanks.

Andru

Greensmere

Well. I tried greensmere. and I felt taken again.

54 bucks with a cart. UHHH! I understand it's new. I understand the weather hasn't been great but, pakenham is in much better shape and it was $15 less.

I think it should be $25 +cart MAX!!

The greens were really I mean really slow.

Well So far I've played 4 rounds of golf this year and only one has been enjoyable. Canadian, Greensmere, Manderley, and a track in Toronto called parkview.

They only one worth the money spent. Parkview.

Has anyone played some of the premier courses like Loch March, Eagle Creek?? What kind of condition are they in?

Cheers
    Last edited by Andru; 05-18-2002 at 10:34 PM.

Hybrid clankoffdatee is on a distinguished road
    I have got a tee time at the Dome this weekend. I am asking if anybody has played there recently, and in what kind of shape the course is in.

Let's hope the "ClubLink employees" will be the group ahead of us again.

I played the Dome Wednesday. It is in terrific shape although I must say the greens on the back were not as good as some of the comparable couses in the area. I absolutely love the front especially 2,3 and 4. I hope your t time is late or really early a sthis course can play considerably slow on weekends. They goota change the back to back 3's( 9 and 10).

Ihave played the dome, the creek, loch march, emerald linx, stonebridge, camelot,hammond, the royal bear(bearbrook), cloverdale and pineview.The better courses on my list were in great shape especially the creek, camelot and stonebridge. The greens 2 emerald were really surprising. The best value for the $ is still stonebridge on weekends(pace of play is worth an extra 10 spot) and the dome mondays and tuesdays. Enjoy!!

Thumbs up Cedarhill

Played Cedarhill for the first time today, and the course was in very nice shape. The greens were fast although a little hard (I think I'll try using balata balls there next time) and the fairways were in excellent shape. They were rebuilding the tee boxes on 14, so there was one temporary tee, but it is a course I will definately play again.

5 Iron Carlos is on a distinguished road
    Just played Manderley for the first time in almost 4 years, the greens were in fair to good condition and the fairways were in poor to good . The course is still a little wet and they are starting to work on the other nine they intend to open. When teeing off the 10th "do not" use your driver as they have added two water areas on either side in preparation of making it a par four instead of a par five (no reward in using driver, too risky). Forst time I have played this course in four hours... . Overall a challenging course as some holes need precision....

Would wait till it drives up more to appreciate it to go again.

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar

Stonebridge

Stonebridge
    Tee-off: 4:05
    Completed 18 holes in 3 hours
    Course conditions: Fairways excellent, greens good (very dry with some patches)

Worth the $45.00

Uber Poster LBH is on a distinguished road LBH's Avatar

Reply to clankoffdatee about Dome holes 9 and 10

Cloankoffdatee... this one is for you

Just to let you know (in case you didn't already)... The Dome's original #10 was a par 4. Unfortunately, last year or 2 years ago (memory failing.... :mad: ), a resident was hit in the nuts by a golf ball that was hooked from the tee off (where the practice green is now!). The resident sued Clublink and the company was forced to change #10 so it doesn't happen again!

Since the course was a par 70, making #10 a par 3 instead of a par 4 made the Dome a par 69. That's why #8 was made into a par 5 instead of a par 4 bringing back the course at a par 70.

You can forget about Clublink changing any of these holes. There two very tough par 3's (wind in the face most of the time!). Clublink has put lots of money into the Dome lately (two new holes).

Also, I heard rumors that The Dome may go private in a year or two (thanks to the marshall!). Now that was his opinion not a fact. But, I ask: how can they make this course private when they is no driving range (and no space to build one anymore because of the new par 5 #8) and no lockers?

I played the Dome on the weekend, and the course is in great shape. It had a few spots where it was a little wet, but overall, it is a course well worth playing to anyone who has never been.

The only problem I find at ClubLink courses is that you are always waiting to tee off, I think they book the tee times really close together.

I love # 8, it's a great change from the par 4, and without having your approach shot potentially go off power lines into the drink anymore.

7 Wood chad is on a distinguished road

Clublink

I hate Clublink, evertime you go to play either The Dome or Greyhawk they have 10 groups waiting on the 1rst tee. They try to jam as many green fee players onto the course as they can! Most of the time this results in 5 to 6 hour rounds. After the last time that I played the Dome I vowed never to play a Clublink course again! ( Hope they don't take over every damn course in the province)

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar

Unhappy It is too bad...........

You are not the first not the last that will feel this way. And the sad thing is that we dont get to play some really nice courses. I have palyed the Dome several times and really enjoyed the track. Have also played Greyhawk and Kanata Links, both nice tracks but too expensive, and pace of play is too sloooooooow.:crying

Oh well, will have to settle for the courses like Eagle Creek, Stonebridge, Meadows, Greensmere...................and so on.

BTW.......17 rounds on 9 courses this season and so far best conditions leaders in my opinion.........Meadows & Emerald Links (will update after sunday's round at Eagle Creek!!!)

Re: Reply to clankoffdatee about Dome holes 9 and 10

Originally posted by LongBallHitter
    Cloankoffdatee... this one is for you

Just to let you know (in case you didn't already)... The Dome's original #10 was a par 4. Unfortunately, last year or 2 years ago (memory failing.... :mad: ), a resident was hit in the nuts by a golf ball that was hooked from the tee off (where the practice green is now!). The resident sued Clublink and the company was forced to change #10 so it doesn't happen again!

Thanx there Longball. I was indeed aware how it played prior to last year in fact one of my regular playing partners once hurled a low and away fastball right thru buddies siding. Quite amazing the damage a little white ball can do. I heard quite a few stories like the one you tell. I played there today and was fighting a case of the hooks and succeeded in adding to one of the Titleist collection left of 11 and air mailed one onto the roof of some dudes house on 18 . A very deep ball until it ran out of real estate(good thing the house stopped it). I imagine their legal troubles( Clublink lawsuits) are probably not done with.

As far as the back to back par 3's 10 is great- today played 182 into decent north wind( had to hit 5 wood) but 9 is lame and dangerous to those on 1.

Clublink has put lots of money into the Dome lately (two new holes).

Also, I heard rumors that The Dome may go private in a year or two (thanks to the marshall!). Now that was his opinion not a fact. But, I ask: how can they make this course private when they is no driving range (and no space to build one anymore because of the new par 5 #8) and no lockers?
    I understand they picked the course up for a steal( paid debt to receivers) and can afford to throw a few $ around. I see lots of green fee players and more and more Clublink members with corporate packages. They would need an awful lot of members to make it work.

As far as slow play i believe that has more to do with course layouts then Clublink management. Hole #2 @ Greyhawk is a par 3 and backs everyone up after a par 5. This will be the last year you can play it anways. Everyone wants to pound it on #1 @ Dome and backs the big gallery up.Man are thay anxious to finish before they even start. Courses should restrict # of people in T area( ie Eagle Creek).Too many get stage fright.

I played @ Emerald Links yesterday, and the course is in tip-top condition.

Not once did we hit a rough patch in any fairway, or green, it was immaculate.

The staff was very nice, but I can't say the same for the people who live along the course (not as a whole of course).

My golf buddy hit one of his tee shots into someones backyard (barely at that, maybe three feet in). The owner did not have a fence dividing his property from the courses, so just to be safe, we went up to his ball and went to kick it out a little further so as not to gauge a chunk out of this guys lawn.

Before we could even get to the ball, the guy was waiting out on his porch for us, and started screaming at us to get his ball off his property. We never even had the chance to get close to it at this point.

My buddy moved his ball off this guy's property, and he continued to yell at us. I thanked him for his hospitality, and we went on our merry way.

At a hole later on, I hit my ball CLOSE to somebody's property line (on the courses side of the white marker by about 2-3 feet). Just being courteous, I asked the owner of the house, who was out gardening at the time, if he would like me to move the ball a little further into the faiway, so as not to get this guy thinking I was hitting off his lawn.

He simply snapped back at me, yelling, "What side of the marker is the ball on genious!?!"

Anyways, simply put, why do people pay the extra thousands of dollars to live on a golf course if they are going to spend all of their time complaining to golfers as they go by.

For those of you who have played Emerald, and have been put into these types of situations know what I'm talking about, because I have never experienced this at any other course.

If anybody who reads this lives on a golf course, and acts the same way, just because you have a big house on a golf course, does not give you the right to be snotty and stuck up towards everybody else.

Sorry, but this really put a damper on things, because this course is in the best shape I have ever seen, well worth the $$$.

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar

Adjoining properties

Mooseknuckle,

Technically the private properties adjoining the golf course is always out of bounds, and if you enter the property to retrieve the ball it is trespassing. Cedarhill has a good policy on this, I can't remember the exact wording, but the way I read it, and this is subject to my personal skewing and interpretation, is any ball hit onto a private residential property is a lost ball. Generally if this happens to me, I use my ball retriever and make sure I am on the course side of any marker before hitting.

I am sure that if the people looked closely at what you were trying to do they would be happy, some people will bite their nose to spite their face though. Of course they could be making money off the balls to pay for their $$$ houses, so that's why they could have been grumpy.

Cheers
    Colby

7 Wood chad is on a distinguished road

Houses on golf courses

I agree with both mossknuckle and Colby on this one. Why would you pay that kind of money to have your lot backing on to a golf course if you have to spend your whold day yelling at people that are walking on your property??

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar

Cool Tremblant

Has anyone been up to Tremblant yet this year? We are heading up this weekend for a "boys" weekend away, a little golf and lots of beer!

Golfing Heritage on Saturday, Le Diable on Sunday and Le Geant on Monday.

Any comments on any of those courses? Hints, conditions, etc? I've played the two Mont Tremblant courses, but never Heritage.

Colby

Re: Tremblant

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Colby
    [
    Any comments on any of those courses? Hints, conditions, etc? I've played the two Mont Tremblant courses, but never Heritage.

I have a tip... stay away from "Le Flocon Bleu".

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    Clankoffdatee...Flocon Bleu burned down 2 years ago.

Clankoffdatee...earlier you said something about not playing Greyhawk next year, that this is the last year. What do you mean? I thought Greyhawk was staying public and the Predator was private.

Thread Information