CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar

Talking discounted green fees

Played Calabogie / Pakenham and Manderley so far..........

All were worth the $25 spring green fee prices.......
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Actually, OGC prices for Emerald Links had to change (members were all emailed) Now $25 weekdays and $30 on weekends

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar
    I played Iroquois on the weekend for only $15. The fairways were soggy, but the greens were in nice shape. Pineview and Nation usually have cheaper rates in the early spring and late fall, but I haven't checked them out yet for this year.

Andru
    Don

It was Canadian.

Andru

Hybrid Chris is on a distinguished road Chris's Avatar
    Originally posted by Spirit
    For those interested I had the opportunity to play Casselview yesterday on a gorgious albeit windy day. The course is in great condition for the time of year all greens are open and they faired well over the winter season. fairways are soft but thats to be expected. Survied the day without any soakers so in my opinion good shape. Greens play faster than expected. Play now and your givin a pass for an additional free round. Plan on returning Wendsday. Very enjoyable for the first out of the year.
    Just came back from Casselview today (04/19/02), the conditions are awesome for this time of year. They are cutting the fairways and greens. You have to hit from a few temporary tee boxes but all in all the conditions are great. There is only one temporary green on 17. Greens have weathered well and are rolling great!
    Last edited by Chris; 04-28-2002 at 08:27 PM.

Mountain Creek's greens are in great shape. That course is an excellent challenge in a stiff 3 club wind like today!
    I took a little more of Steve's money :multi

Fairways 80% green and no puddles; greens 98% green and rolling great, I dunno if I can take much more of these mid season coinditions in April. We are in for an awesome season conditions wise. I am starting to like this "global warming" stuff

Question wellllll

Before anyone asks.....I dont know why!:shakehead

All I do know is that makes 2 rounds I have payed Dan already. Squeeze in another round of paying Pops on wednesday, and I'm now 0 for 3 (although I did win a cleaner last sundayin my other round). Season is young and Im just baiting them.....

But like Dan said, greens were great and was first course to walk on dry fairways. Must be those 50mph winds. Also had our first "FOOOOORE" yelled this year!!!

Pitching Wedge MooseKnuckle is on a distinguished road

Cool

Well, I played a course on Saturday not affiliated with OG, so I will not mention it's name.

I am posting because the conditions at the course I played were unbeleivable, and all other courses seem to be the same.

Although it was windy Saturday, I still managed to shoot 2 shots off my best round ever. Chalk that to getting use to my new irons, what a difference.

I cannot beleive the shape greens are in right now. Every course I see when I drive by, the greens look to be a nice deep, almost flourecent green, without any bald spots. The greens are in better shape now than they were in the peak period last summer.
    Playing golf is very similar to life.

You gotta have lots of spare balls in your bag to make the perfect score, cause over time, your going to lose some of them...:shot

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Back out at Cedarhill on Sunday afternoon. Very pleasant, even when the wind gusted a little. A bright sunny day for a nice walk.

The course is looking good, the greens are still a little furry, and the fairways are a bit long, but I think it's just because they are letting them get a good grow before they start cutting. The course is very playable. With the exception of an over-zealous water sprinkler on 17, it had created a good sized puddle on the 15th fairway, the course was dry.

Even though I managed to put another ball into the drink on 16, and over shoot the green, I managed to keep my score on the hole to a 7, down from 11 the previous week I also knocked 14 strokes off my 103 to finish up with an 89. Moose, I'm getting used to the new clubs too!

Cheers
    Colby

With all the great conditions being reported so early we are in for a heck of a year.

MooseKnuckle:

Feel free to say good things about any course, and please do mention them by name.

You can also mention the negative things about courses here as well. Just be accurate, don't exagerate, and don't insult. The rules are in place to keep this forum civil, and honest.

Acceptable:
    "The tee boxes at xxx were in rough shape, I could not find a spot to tee the ball"

Not Acceptable:
    "Warning Warning! xxx is a crappy dogtrack! Stay away! You couldn't pay me to go back there"

The latter may well be how you feel after experienceing the poor conditions of the tee boxes, but it is insulting and offers no usefull information. Therefore it is not appropriate here.

This applies to all courses weather they are OG clients or not.

Alright, if I'm allowed, it was GreyHawk I played on Saturday.

Aside from a set of 3 true hard core golfers ahead of us, and the fact it took us just over three hours to play the first 9 holes because they double booked the course, it was great.

I will post the story of the hardcores in the 1st round stories thread.

You gotta have lots of spare balls in your bag to make the perfect score, cause over time, your going to lose some of them...:shot

Getting Exemptions The Shtick is on a distinguished road The Shtick's Avatar

Mont Cascades

I played an afternoon 9 holes at Cascades yesterday and the course was very much on the rough side (ie. fairways not cut yet). Official opening is next Saturday but other than the roughness and the 2 inch long greens, the course was really dry!

This course will be in mid-season form by the opening and expect good things to come for this summer but beware: bring lots of balls!

Carleton

Thumbs up Eagle Creek

I played Eagle creek on Sunday, it is in mid season form. The greens are rolling beautifully, no winter kill on them. The fairways and greens have been cut a few times. Now is the time to play there, before the large crowds start coming out to play. I would give it a definite 9/10. well worth the money

Out of Bounds rancherJ is on a distinguished road rancherJ's Avatar

metcalfe

played Metcalfe Wed afternoon, great conditions virtually no dead spots, nice and dry except near drainage areas, greens a little shaggy they'll be better once they have had a chance to be cut a few times.
    well worth OGC rates to play! (4hrs 10min)

5 Iron Carlos is on a distinguished road
    Played Mount St Marie today, while the fairways were in semi good (at times wet) condition, their greens were the worst we have played so far this year. Only about 30% of the greens were without some bumps or winter burn. They were also very slow, but considering this was their first day all in all I would rate it a 6 out of ten. Sure was a funny round considering at one time one of the greens was covered in snow :crying .

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar

Talking Falcon Ridge/Raceview

Played Falcon Ridge/Raceview yesterday and it was in great shape. The fairways were mid-season conditions and the greens were pretty good...no real bad spots, definitely puttable.

$30.00

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar

Talking Falcon Ridge

Played the Falcon Ridge nine this morning - got off the course at noon just as the snow was getting heavy enough to stay on the ground. The course was in pretty good shape, but there were a couple of greens (2 and 3) that have a few rough spots.

That 5-to-6 club wind was certainly an adventure. First time I teed off with my driver on EVERY hole (I still came up short on the par 3). I was absolutely thrilled to get a bogey on that long par 5 into the wind!

But then, I've heard that some Ottawa Golf members are practically VETERANS at playing in this weather! Didn't see them on the course today, though.

Talking wasnt the weather

I dont know about the rest of you "veterans" but I just didnt want to ONLY play nine holes in that weather today, I usually like to play all 18!

Seiously though....is this not wild with the snow? And to think there calling for sunny and 14-15 C tuesday, wed and thurs.........

PS >>>>> played Meadows on sat and course was in great shape, greens were green and true. First time EVERY seing green fairway on the ninth (south course).

Getting Exemptions The Shtick is on a distinguished road The Shtick's Avatar
    Steve:

Hack 'n Smash was out bright and early yesterday morning at Cascades. As you know, we ain't quitters....until I closed the course at noon

This just in:

Ottawa Golf course conditions....SNOWY & COLD!!!

I hope the courses will be back to good playing conditions by the weekend.

Pitching Wedge Izzy is on a distinguished road

Talking

i am out in PEI and although i would not call the weather out here anything close to summer, i just wanted to let you know that yesterday, while the snow flew in Ottawa, i was out playing 36 holes. and to top it all off, wet snow today (monday), so I managed to find a window of opportunity to get in some golf. And for some information for those who ever get out to PEI, the Delta in Charlottetown (where i am staying until thrusday) has two golf simulators just like at Golfomax. so in spite of the turn in the weather, i will just head down to the lobby later and play some golf, watch a hockey game and have a beer ....

here's to

steve and Sthick

hopefully the snow will be gone by the time i get back

I Just Won't Leave big easy is on a distinguished road

Thumbs up Les Vieux Moulins

Played Les Vieux Moulins last week-end and the course was in a very decent shape. Greens were fast and in pretty good shape. Although, they were surprisingly hard for this time of the year. I think the snow (!?!) will be helpful.

At the end of the last season, they probably put some weed-killer because some areas were yellow (not winter kill). I think this is a nice step taken by the owners to improve this interesting golf course because last year, they had a lot of clover leaf in the fairways. Will be a good choice for those considering to play in the Outaouais region.

Calendar

I was just thinking, should the Course Opening Calendar be renamed the Course Re-Opening Calendar?!? :errrr

Cheers
    Colby

Shotmaker spidey is on a distinguished road spidey's Avatar

Course re-opening calendar....

And if I remember correctly... this is the second re-opening... amazing....

Does anybody else remember how cold it was last year on July 1st? I hope that eventually we'll have a nice golfing year. Somehow, though, I don't think the little bag of pranks from Mother Nature is empty yet.
    [color=blue]s[/color][color=red]p[/color][color=blue]i[/color][color=red]d[/color][color=blue]e[/color][color=red]y[/color]

[color=seagreen]"Got more dirt than ball. Here we go again."
    Alan Shepard, Apollo 14 Commander, Amateur-Golfer, preparing to take another swing during his famous moon walk in 1971.
    [/color]

The Canadian

The early reports on the Canadian had some work being done. Has anyone played it recently? Is it looking better?

Cheers
    Colby

Shotmaker spidey is on a distinguished road spidey's Avatar
    Let me see now (shuffling through papers)... no.... no... no.... I don't seem to have been issued any free greens fees from Canadian.... guess I still haven't been there...
    [color=blue]s[/color][color=red]p[/color][color=blue]i[/color][color=red]d[/color][color=blue]e[/color][color=red]y[/color]

[color=seagreen]"Got more dirt than ball. Here we go again."
    Alan Shepard, Apollo 14 Commander, Amateur-Golfer, preparing to take another swing during his famous moon walk in 1971.
    [/color]

I thought you were going to make some joke about it being rather Christmasy, or something like that.

Cheers
    Colby

Has anybody played Cloverdale this week (well, after this week's snow melted).

It looks like I will be there this weekend, I just want to know if the snow did any type of damage to the course.

7 Wood chad is on a distinguished road

Snow

I played at my home course yesterday, the snow didn't do any damage at all!

blur13
    Anyone play Stonebridge this week. I am heading there for Twilight time. Is the course in good condition?

Hopefully it wont be snowing.

Thread Information