CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar

Re: Iroquois Golf Club

Originally posted by Andy4Par
    I am playing at Iroquois on Sunday. Can anyone give me an idea of what to expect in the way of course conditions, etc. Never been there...thanks!
    Windy flat & wide open. The ships are big.

Golf Pig of the Year 2012 foxman is on a distinguished road foxman's Avatar
    Its pretty flat, wide open links course.When the wind is blowing its a little tougher [always a wind it seems]. The rough is hard to get out of likes grabbing your club.[have not played there this year]. Like any course stay in the fairway and its an easy course and depending on the wind .Was by the course today and the greens and fairways look in really good shape. Here is there website www.igolf.on.ca

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar

Iroquois

I haven't played there since April, so I can't really tell you the conditions. The layout is wide-open and flat with few trees. There are a few tricky holes alongside the St. Lawrence River, but if it's not windy then it is a pretty easy course to play.

Golf Nut nice_lag is on a distinguished road

Greensmere

Since the next OGT event is at Greensmere, I thought that I'd go and play the course so that this time I have at least a bit of an idea of the layout.

Has anyone been there lately? What shape is the course in??
    nice_lag
    Almonte

Sand Wedge molson09 is on a distinguished road
    anybody know what kind of shape Arnprior (Sandpoint) is in???

7 Iron statsfreak is on a distinguished road

Thumbs up Sand Point

Very good. Greens are excellent, and the overall course conditions are great. You will not be disappointed.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar

Nation

Played Nation yesterday for the first time this year. Overall, the course was in good shape, but the greens were pretty slow and the first green was in pretty dismal shape. The beer cart woman was fantastic, we must have seen her 7 or 8 times in 18 holes!

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar

Talking Watch out Shtick!!

Hey Schtick.....you might just have some competition!!

Golf Nut nice_lag is on a distinguished road

Ouhhh The Shtick vs Jeffc

Could be interesting to see who draws the most....

Just back from Greensmere... course is in good shape when you consider that it hasn't been opened for a full year yet. The greens were amazing, very true, fairly fast and very receptive to long irons.

The fairways need a bit of work but once everything gets a bit more mature, the bent grass will be real good.

IMHO, the back nine is way better than the front one. More challenging, better variety and definitely more pleasing to the eye.

Teed off at lunch time and finished in 3h45. Very impressive.

And while we're on the beer cart subject, the young lady seemed to be around the corner at every hole. Good service. I'm sure that The Shtick will let us know how it goes at the next OGT event.

Cheers
    Last edited by nice_lag; 07-19-2002 at 10:49 PM.
    nice_lag
    Almonte

Getting Exemptions The Shtick is on a distinguished road The Shtick's Avatar

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar

Stonebridge

Played yesterday...

1. Fairways were very dry
    2. Greens were very dry
    3. They airated some fariways and greens

Still a beautiful course, but it needs to be watered.

Hybrid clankoffdatee is on a distinguished road

Post Stonebridge

I played Stonebridge last week and was very disappointed with the conditions and I also noticed a difference in the # of marshalls. Not nearly as
    controlled(pace of play that is). We actually had to wait a few times which was the courses bissest attribute.
    I played approx. 20 rounds on this course last year and about the same # the previous fall when only the east nine was open and I wonder what is happening. Tons of divots, aerated fairways, top-dressed greens(sand) and some sort of freaky clover growing in patches all over. Not what I was used to and/or expected from a course that had become a favorite from the blues (whites definately too short two 4's are driveable). Won't be back until the fall-sorry.

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar

Stonebridge

I have to agree and yet disagree.

We were the first group out last Friday on the East nine. At hole #6, as we were walking toward the green, a marshall was waiting for us, telling us that we were about five minutes behind pace. We had had a tough first few holes, balls in the fescue, water, etc. We knew we were behind, and that we needed to pick it up, which we did and we arrived at West one ten minutes early. This was the second or third marshall that we had seen through-out the course of the first few holes, and we continued to see them, including having a good chat with one on the West two tee box.

There is some clover growing, which I agree is not good for the bent grass. It was, however, only located in small isolated patches, and I was never sitting in any on the fairway.

Courses do have to perform maintenance, and in the case of courses that are played every day in a short season, that maintenance may impact play. Yes the fairways had been aerated, but if I was in a hole, more like a slit, I just move the ball an inch or so out of it. I didn't see any green top dressing, but it's all part of the maintenance duties. If it wasn't done, the course would be in shambles in no time.

As for the divots, that's not the courses fault, although they need to figure out how to get them filled in. Some golfers just don't seem to care, it goes hand in hand with ball marks on the greens (but that's a nother topic )
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar

Stonebridge and divots holes

Originally posted by Colby

As for the divots, that's not the courses fault, although they need to figure out how to get them filled in. Some golfers just don't seem to care, it goes hand in hand with ball marks on the greens (but that's a nother topic )
    Speaking of divots...I was actually playing with a marshall last week and when I went to replace one of my divots he told not to bother. He said the course superintendant fills in all divot holes and he said they prefer not to have the divot replaced.

I thought that was the weirdest thing.

Hybrid clankoffdatee is on a distinguished road

My point was that there were not nearly the same # of marshalls as there has been in the past and they were not nearly as vigilant. Perhaps it was a fluke or just my impression. Pace of play and/or waits have never been an issue. Is it a trend?
    I agree that all courses require maintenance but this course is marketed as "Ottawa's Premiere Golf Facility"and in my opinion should reflect that as long as they charge what they do. Don't get me wrong, I am a big fan but feel that they should consider lowering the rates during these times. Wouldn't it be great if you were told in advance that there was work being done? Pretty hard to sink a 12 footer on dressed or sandy greens. Pretty annoying for a player trying to slam the lid on his/her handicap.
    Divots, pitchmarks and other blemishes are all our responsibility but we should not see unfilled divots on a course like this. I am paying alot of money to play there, I expect more. This is not a goat track!!

Caddy larry is on a distinguished road larry's Avatar

Question

Has anyone played the Champlain lately? Playing there in a tournament there next week.

Sand Wedge molson09 is on a distinguished road
    anybody been to Upper Canada lately???......what are the conditions like??....thanks ahead!!

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar

will tell you on sunday

I have not been there (Upper Canada) in a few years but have always been very satisfied with the conditions. We have a tee time for this sunday, and will let you know when we get back.

Caddy larry is on a distinguished road larry's Avatar

Question

Has anyone played the Kingsway lately?

Pitching Wedge MooseKnuckle is on a distinguished road
    At present, course conditions are snowy and cold. It would be good for Eskimo golf, but not normal golf.

Playing golf is very similar to life.

You gotta have lots of spare balls in your bag to make the perfect score, cause over time, your going to lose some of them...:shot

Pitching Wedge MooseKnuckle is on a distinguished road
    Obviously its early in the season, but I would like to see how people are finding the course conditions around the city these days.

It would go a long way in saving people the frustration playing a course that is obviously not up to par maitenance wise.

Myself, I am playing in a tournament at Kingsway at the beginning of June, and was curious to see what type of condition the course was in.

Thanks
    Playing golf is very similar to life.

You gotta have lots of spare balls in your bag to make the perfect score, cause over time, your going to lose some of them...:shot

Medalist faldo is on a distinguished road faldo's Avatar
    Check out the site called "COURSE CONDITIONS" not the one you put this query into.
    Much more topical & current..............

Thread Information