CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Putter Carthy619 is on a distinguished road

GSA simulator help!!!

Hey guys, I am looking to put a golf simulator in my basement and have been reading a lot of the forums and doing a lot of research and think the GSA is a good way to go for spending approx. 10k. What are the best models or sensors and cameras to go with. I live in Syracuse and with golf only a few months Away should I wait until the fall to get everything? I heard a rumor e6 2 is coming out. Any help would be great guys but I definitely have to get a simulator in my basement with these long winters !! Thanks.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Carthy you need to read more if you think GSA is the wat to go under 10k.

Why what so you recommend ? If you are saying that because of cost then I don't see why I wouldn't be able to get the sensors or camera for about 6500 then get the computer, projector, screen, matting myself for the rest of the money. Thanks for the great advice though.

Protee or GC2. Depending on what you plan on doing. For just practice GC2. To play courses, online play etc Protee. I encourage you to read more threads.

I don't really care to play people online but I want it to be accurate like I am out on the golf course. Where to begin at pricing them? I feel like they are all package deals well over 10k, or the gc2 separately.

Like I said, Protee or GC2 but if you are stuck on GSA then good luck. Which GSA package are you looking at?

I don't care which one I just want that best that I can afford to play different golf courses with my friends during the winter but at the same time be pretty accurate. The other good ones just seemed out of my price range and I didn't know how well the protee actually was. I was looking at a LX-C , not planning on any lefties playing.

You do realize that the LX series is not ready yet and has been advertising for close to 3 years http://forum.OttawaGolf.com/showthre...launch-monitor. Read more and ask lots of questions.

Ace wbealsd is on a distinguished road
    Cathy, you're pretty much where I was a year ago and until I found this forum, I realized that no matter how many other websites I'd been to, I really hadn't done much research at all.

Since it's close enough to Spring, I suggest you do what I did and plan for having your setup ready for next Fall.

If you take the time to read the archives here, follow the current discussions and ask questions after you've caught up, you'll get a setup you'll be happy with that's almost certain to be better than one you'd buy in a hurry.

All of the major simulators have their own discussions and archives, as well as information on all the accessories like projectors, hitting mats, etc. You also want to ensure that you get good customer service for whatever system you finally choose.

Just about a year ago, my requirements were basically the same as yours and now I'm the happy owner of a GC2 with fitting software and 5 courses.

Depending on what matters most to you, like bubba22 says, you'll probably decide on the ProTee or the GC2, but make sure you know what you REALLY want and spend enough time on this forum to really know your options before you decide.

Given the state of the market, you'll also have more to choose from if you plan to wait until Fall/early Winter before you make your purchase.

Thread Information