CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    7 Wood Riddler is on a distinguished road Riddler's Avatar

American Classic III Flange - Thinking on the Restoration...

Hi Guys,
    Attached you will find the only American Classic I was able to stumble across as was listed in my other post. I was hoping to do stamping of my old man's inital's with a 60 underneath on the toe of the putter for a sixtieth birthday present. Based on the photos I was sent I was wondering if the full "spa" service would get this close to original condition / take out the nicks? I'd be going back to original spec other then a 33 non 35 inch shaft. Thoughts? Also, What is the re-plating with pro platinum all about, I'm guessing it doesn't apply to these putters?

Ps. Does anyone know the weight of this putter can't find the info anywhere, I originally liked the idea of the Heavy Flange because it's naturally 350 grams and a 33 inch length I just can't seem to find one anywhere????

cheers,
    Rob

2013-02-09_14-32-02_963.jpg2013-02-09_14-31-25_688.jpg2013-02-09_20-05-41_694.jpg2013-02-09_20-05-18_777.jpg2013-02-09_14-32-33_698.jpg
    Rob

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    They are 350g according to the Scotty site. http://www.scottycameron.com/putters...302&seasonID=2

A resto would make it look new, none of those nicks are very deep. And no need to worry about the pro platinum option as the putter is stainless steel.

Hey Spackler,
    Yeah the heavy flange is 350 but if you click on the link to the left it doesn't specify anything about the flange model... wish I could just go back 6-7 years and buy the heavy flange lol.... in your opinion is this a nice candidate for the 145 resto? 30 for the toe engraving is a bit much but at 175 plus tax/shipping this seems like a nice gift (if I can get the golfwrxer to let it go for sensible money). Any idea on the cost of shipping/ misc border fees from scotty's custom shop? Have you ever done business with them?
    Rob

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Ah, my bad, I saw your pics and thought it was the heavy flange. As it lists the length at 35", it would be safe to assume that the weight of the flange model is around 330g. As for the value of the resto, I think there are others out there that would do it cheaper, and you would definitely not get the value of the restoration back if you were to ever try and resell the putter, but since it's a gift I would consider it. The CS will do a great job (I've had a few done there), you'll be really happy with their work. Last time I had one done shipping was ~$40 and you had to pay HST on the value of the work done. Not sure what shipping costs these days.

Any one else with comments on the process anyone?... it'd be 175 + 1.13 for hst so around 200 plus shipping.... could almost buy a new one for that, but the bullseye model is what he likes ? Why can't resto be cheaper lol! or Scotty re offer this style?
    Rob

Postmaster General The Saint is on a distinguished road The Saint's Avatar
    Hi Rob, have you checked out Kevin Cobert at http://www.putterplating.com

He did some Scotties for me and did a great job imho, and less expensive than SC.

Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Looks like a great option.... hmmm might have to research a touch more
    Rob

Thread Information