CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: E6 ii

Putter Jamo7 is on a distinguished road
    heard the same -will be out prior to the end of year, and will allow online play.

9 Iron bionicbooger is on a distinguished road bionicbooger's Avatar
    Does anyone know about the E6 cloud? I am a Trugolf dealer and we haven't spoke directly to Trugolf about this yet as I have just seen it. Apparently Trugolf is going to offer a monthly subscription for E6 with the 1.6 update. This will entice many to use the E6. You pay a small monthly subscription instead of $3000 for the software. Some other things apparently is that they are turning E6 into a video game that will be offered on the PC, consoles and phones.

What interested me the most is that they are stating on their website that "E6 Cloud powered by TruGolf is designed to unify all existing golf technology devices" Does this mean that they are making E6 available to all simulators and launch monitors even if they don't have an "agreement" with them? Or does this just mean that the E6 cloud is available to the devices that they have an "agreement" with?

Also, Im getting the impression that the E6 will be available for the Skytrak at some point. Wow!! That will be a game changer. Can you imaging paying $2,000 for a launch monitor with E6 and then just pay a monthly subscription instead of paying an additional $3000 for the software.

Here is a link to there E6 cloud page: https://trugolf.com/news/cloud-technology/

I think we will have a lot of answers once the PGA show comes in a couple of weeks. But if anyone knows ahead of time, I would love to hear about it.
    Last edited by bionicbooger; 01-10-2015 at 02:10 PM.

Interesting - any feedback from the PGA show folks?

I'm yet to see the Cloud based subscription model, nor how they propose to support the existing subscriber base (who have paid significant dollars for the software).

However - I think it's a step in the right direction, with a focus more on the software and community, as opposed to just the front facing technology/booths etc.

Anyone have any feedback yet?

Par Dax is on a distinguished road
    I agree, I'm wondering how they differentiate those who subscribe from those who have paid top dollar. I know that I can download 1.6 free when it is available, but would hope for something more.

Sand Wedge pappy64 is on a distinguished road
    Hi,

I'm interested in the E6 cloud definitely !

Question for anyone who has used E6 .. I'm looking at getting for a Vector Pro, does it have any worth ?

I've read you can't putt but that doesn't really bother me at all. Honestly I love the closest to pin and longest drive aspect most of what I've seen. Any feedback ?
    I can't see spend $3k for what I can use it for but for $25 a month it would take 10 years to reach that amount !!

7 Iron wigalo is on a distinguished road
    Ok, I am thoroughly confused. E6 cloud is now available...15 courses for $1800. What happened to the $25 monthly subscription and 100 courses?

Ace goatbarn is on a distinguished road
    E6 1.6 is now available for $1800, 15 courses.

E6 cloud is supposed to come out next month and is a subscription service of $25/mo, 100 courses.

So E6 1.6, play as much as you want on the courses you own.

E6 Cloud, play up until your hour usage cap, on any course they have available for the Cloud.

That's the way I understand it, and I'm still a little confused.

Lob Wedge Tray is on a distinguished road
    i checked out the e6 software if you open the drop down menu there is a flightscope option but it doesnt say the model anyone know if that means it will work on any model? i talked to a couple people prior to the release they said it would work on the flightscope xi but with there not being an option to pick the XI model it kinda scares me that i wont be able to use it,

I have several emails to them on this issue, being an Xi customer.

I know there E6 1.6 demo they had online a week ago didn't work with the Xi at that time. They update the demo file regularly though, so maybe now it's fixed.

Sand Wedge pappy64 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by goatbarn View Post
    E6 1.6 is now available for $1800, 15 courses.

E6 cloud is supposed to come out next month and is a subscription service of $25/mo, 100 courses.

So E6 1.6, play as much as you want on the courses you own.

E6 Cloud, play up until your hour usage cap, on any course they have available for the Cloud.

That's the way I understand it, and I'm still a little confused.
    I can't remember where but I think they have different tiers of cloud as well. Think for $50 / mo you can get a commercial account and has unlimited hours and more users accounts or something ?

Not sure what the charge will be to buy extra hours for your account but we shall see .... Soon hopefully !!

7 Iron wigalo is on a distinguished road
    Got it. Thanks guys.

I did the download yesterday, it took about 2.5 hours (this was for the TM download and was four separate downloads) and am just waiting for the update on my security dongle to come in and then hopefully I will be up and running and can give some feedback. When downloading and running the install, I think I just saw one option for flightscope as well. On the TM front there was 4 choices, one for the tm3e on for TM, one for TM with TruPutt, and one for TM3e with TruPutt. I did not see a TruPutt option with FS.

i have only seen the flightscope option on their website i don't know if that will work for the xi or the xi+ models, i sent a email to them today asking what systems will work on will post the finding when i hear something unless someone knows already then my efforts have been for nothing

I have been told by a trugolf rep that the Xi and Xi+ will be supported once E6 Cloud comes online.

The currently available E6 1.6 is working with all currently supported models, which doens't include the Xi or the Xi+.

So another few weeks I suppose.

Thanks for the update goatbarn, just have to wait as well.

9 Iron kwass is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    I did the download yesterday, it took about 2.5 hours (this was for the TM download and was four separate downloads) and am just waiting for the update on my security dongle to come in and then hopefully I will be up and running and can give some feedback. When downloading and running the install, I think I just saw one option for flightscope as well. On the TM front there was 4 choices, one for the tm3e on for TM, one for TM with TruPutt, and one for TM3e with TruPutt. I did not see a TruPutt option with FS.
    Dax.. A couple of posts up you stated that you would be able to download for free. Did you have to pay?

I paid for the TM version when I bought the old version and since it was more expensive it already included the cost for the upgrade at that time. I asked at the time as I noted it was more expensive than what I could purchase retail and they said that this was because they had already built in the upgrade cost. If anything I saved a few hundred over the pricing now plus I also got the 10%, but given where the Cdn dollar has gone I'm glad now that I did not wait.

Anyone know how to upgrade to 1.6 for those of us that already have 1.5? I select "check for updates", but nothing happens..

Cheers

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    You will need to purchase an upgrade to 1.6. Check the website for upgrades.

thanks - I can see the part where it says pay x for a full package - can't see where it says if you have 1.5..

And i'm a little surprised - thought minor upgrades would have been included?

Look for the one that says software upgrade.

Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    Hey Guys,

You can get the upgrade here:
    http://www.par2pro.com/shop/product_...roducts_id=230

And for a limited time you get course packs 1 through 6 free with the upgrade, so that is over a $2k value!

Also, TruGolf has put a special on until March 1st which is reflected in the price in the link above.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Cory

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Par2Pro View Post
    Hey Guys,

You can get the upgrade here:
    http://www.par2pro.com/shop/product_...roducts_id=230

And for a limited time you get course packs 1 through 6 free with the upgrade, so that is over a $2k value!

Also, TruGolf has put a special on until March 1st which is reflected in the price in the link above.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Cory
    Cory at one point the upgrade from E6 to E6 1.6 was supposed to be free to existing customers http://youtu.be/sWvClhAm0Io

Whatever happened to that?

When they were talking about that new upgrade it was just going to be the new interface and improved lighting; however, the new graphics engine was supposed to be released in a separate version of the software called e6II. They ended up combining both and calling it e6 v1.6 (don't ask me why the changed their mind though lol).

9 Iron kwass is on a distinguished road
    Cory.. In the video bubba22 linked in his last post the TruGolf rep talked about a new partnership with Fiberbuilt. Did a fiberbuilt mat for the sensor board ever come to market?

I think that the turf on my TruPutt is fibrebuilt.

9 Iron bionicbooger is on a distinguished road bionicbooger's Avatar
    Hi kwass

We are going to test a teeline turf top for Trugolf. It will have the same profile and same color as the existing turf top. Guys with Trugolf out there, please let us know your interest. If interest is high enough, we will make a die and start prducing these.

Thanks

Bret

golfsimulatorguys.com

Quote Originally Posted by kwass View Post
    Cory.. In the video bubba22 linked in his last post the TruGolf rep talked about a new partnership with Fiberbuilt. Did a fiberbuilt mat for the sensor board ever come to market?
    Just confirmed with TruGolf that it is still in development. Having bought the panels from Fiberbuilt for ProTee I know that it can be pretty pricey to have those panels custom cut and formed (and even then I have to cut fibers from their ProTee custom panels to make it work - very labour intensive).

Hope that helps, but if you want to know more, just send me an email at cory@par2pro.com.

Cheers,
    Cory

xdreamgolf
    Working on a Fiber Built Trutrac now.. So far so good.. It's a bit ugly, but if all goes well the next square will be worthy of a photo..It is soo much nicer with irons!

On that note,, Does anyone know the brand of turf on the TruTrac currently? I have made a couple replacements using another type, but it's no better, and the color is off.. I would like to keep a piece in stock for replacements for the few commercial units I maintain. I can cut the holes, just need the brand.. Rather not buy samples just to figure it out..

A little premature, but progress on a side project has progressed with a couple of breakthroughs.. So I guess a little tease is in order..
    Let's say it will start as a short game simulator.. 100 yards and in.. Short clubs, including putting..Limited audience for sure, but for me it's part of a process.. Likely leading into something longer... If none of these little launchers figure out chips, and putts it could help fill that gap.

Lot's of snow here,,, lot's of time in the shop!

Someone asked about the Vector, and E6... If you find this before I find you send me a pm... I have one all torn apart and am running it with E6, new and old.

2 Iron stevnkrn is on a distinguished road
    I've been using the demo version of E6 1.6 for a little over a week now in anticipation of migrating to E6 cloud. So far I have to say I am underwhelmed. Visually the demo course is quite nice compare to courses I am used to playing, but there are a few things missing that would improve the experience.
    The most frustrating thing is that I can't figure out a way to putt from the fringe. I may be only 12 ft away from the pin, with only a few inches of fringe between my ball and the green. I can't putt because the system does not recognize the shot because it is expecting a chip. I can't chip without hitting the ball 20 feet past the pin. I don't know about the rest of you, but I would putt that ball on a real course. E6 should enable a way to do it. If someone knows the trick, I would appreciate finding out. That alone is reason for me to stay away from this software.
    One other frustration has to due with visualizing the course. With GSA I have the ability to get a birds eye view of the next shot using the full resolution of the screen. I'm not talking about the small window that shows the entire hole inset on the right of the screen. GSA has that too. Using the Q and A buttons on the keyboard I can get a view of the hole as if I was standing on a tower directed above the ball. That way you can see what is ahead of you. The small inset view is too small to see the terrain or many of the smaller hazards. I use that all the time on unfamiliar courses and wish E6 would implement something similar.
    One other thing that would improve the experience is using the arrow keys to adjust the aiming position. Many times I just want to move the aim point a small amount and I find that harder to do than it should be by trying to click on a position.
    Those of you that have E6, what am I missing?

Thread Information