100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    alpobas

Building new simulator room from scratch.

Hello.

I am building a new garage. I will make one room big enough for a simulator. Measurements will be like 22 feet long, 16 wide and 10.3 in height. Now i am considering between GC2 (w/o HMT) and Flightscope (model?). I will make room for me at first but secondary also commercial use so our club members could play at winter.

I already have P3Pro but for commercial use it comes with too much hassle. Club taping, miss readings, environment, putting light, etc… You know.

Hitting mat will be from Fiberbuilt or Real Feel. It would be nice to have different surfaces like fairway and rough (sand). Any opinions? How can i dot this with GC2 without moving the unit?

For putting i will make hole in the floor for a cup. So people will play to green and then make putts and input numbers in the software. For what i have heard people like to put on real surface, not towards the screen. I have found affordable mat with nice stimp speed from my local shop. My room will be decorated with narrow "rough" mat near walls.

Software questions:
    - Do we have to always hit balls to the center of the screen? Cant we just pick our target and shoot to that direction?
    - Do we always have to select a club from the software?
    - Should i wait until we know which manufacturers are going to use Perfect Parallel or E6 II software?
    - Is it possible to add some sort of logic to run small fans to simulate wind?

Thanks for your help in advance. This is a great resource for sim fans. I have read nearly all post regarding this. Just wanted to start new threat for my sim.

See picture for details.

simulator_plan.jpg

Shotmaker bubs3141 is on a distinguished road
    For the gc2, which is what I would suggest. You can go to customdesigngolf.com and they have a device that you put the gc2 in and you can slide it up or down to the different type of surface you desire.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Are there lefties and righties playing? Is it more practice vs simulation game play?

alpobas
    Yes, i have looked at their PositionTrack. It seems to be quite ok. On the other hand someone here told its not worth it. So...

Yes, lefties and righties both. Not nessessarely at same time. With GC2 it is not possible, with FS it is.

Personally i prefer a little bit of more practice but i think regular club members just want to play with minimum effort.

FS probably will not detect chipa and putts. Perhaps read http://forum.ottawagolf.com/showthre...estions-please and pm fhann for details as he has 2 FS units.

alpobas
    Ok. Will do.

How is my room measures? I really can't build a bigger one.

Lets discuss about software. What do you guys think about my SW questions?

Btw, -is there E6 manual available for reading?

Quote Originally Posted by alpobas View Post
    Ok. Will do.

How is my room measures? I really can't build a bigger one.

Lets discuss about software. What do you guys think about my SW questions?

Btw, -is there E6 manual available for reading?

Here is what is needed indoors according to flightscope http://www.flightscope.com/index.php...ope-setup.html
    Your length will just make it but the longer the better. Width and height are ok.

Download the E6 demo. I believe there is a manual in that download. Also gives you a chance to see E6 http://www.trugolf.com/ If the manual is not there just PM me with your email and I can send you a copy of the E6 manual I have. I am sure its there with the download.

Software questions:
    - Do we have to always hit balls to the center of the screen? Cant we just pick our target and shoot to that direction?

Not sure the question? Are you asking if you can be offset when hitting the ball? If so then yes.

Are you asking if you can change your target when playing? The answer is yes. All sims one has to set the target line. If its set say right at the flag, you can move the target or keep it there and hit a fade or draw into that target line.

- Do we always have to select a club from the software?

I believe no for Flightscope. probably need to call them and ask how they are setup with E6

- Should i wait until we know which manufacturers are going to use Perfect Parallel or E6 II software?

You can, the problem is who knows when Perfect Paralell or E6II will be out.

- Is it possible to add some sort of logic to run small fans to simulate wind?

Yes its possible but is it needed? You will have to right some sort of code that will require the SDK from Truegolf so when wind is selected and happening on the E6 then the interface will trigger your own software to trigger the fans to blow. Would be cool but is it needed? Just don't add a rain logic indoors with all that expensive electronics, LOL!

Ace wbealsd is on a distinguished road
    Using the Foresight software, I don't have to select clubs with my GC2 except when I'm using the fitting software for comparisons and that's just so I can identify the results for individual clubs.

Good point wb. I forgot to put in that Foresight during game play no need for club selection. Just wasn't sur about Flightscop and E6. I suspect you don't have to select the club.

alpobas
    Installed E6 demo. Seems to be enough easy to use (...for older club members). However, there seems no option for computer opponents. There is no button for hit ball? Id like to see ball flight and behavior in game. I remember you can do this in GSA demo.

Ps. Captured full length menu structure movie from E6. Uploading now to YouTube. Its 9 gigabytes, so i will publish it tomorrow. Maby.

As far as I know there is no computer opponent for E6. I have E6 for Protee and do not see where you can play against an opponent. bubs, maybe you can confirm. alpo is that needed in a commercial setting? Will folks want to play against a computer especially when they are paying money and time is a premium? I don't know just thinking if i were renting I would want to see myself swinging not the computer. i suppose if you are alone and want a match then at least you have the computer to play against?? In my experience the ball flight in E6 is more forgiving than RedChain. Each will have their own ball flight algorythms. Protee has the option in Red Chain to increase or decrease the foregiveness of the ball flight which may be good idea in a commercial setting. I don't think E6 has that option???? bubs?

alpobas
    I just wanted to see ball flight in demo. No computer opponents needed in real.

How about setting up tournaments in different softwares?

E6 has many play modes. I don't think there is any tournament setup options. No online play with E6. RedChain has online play.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Don't waste your time with the E6. E6 II's video posted by Cory looks amazing. Might be the best when it's available. The Trugolf rep said it's scheduled to be available this summer but I would take that with a grain of salt. You're length is at the minimum needed for FS. The more the better. FS, like TM, has estimated spin axis vs. GC's measured spin axis.

The GC2 needs to be placed exactly perpendicular to the target line every time you move it, especially for putting. It could get old after a few times. Also, I would not want drunk idiots moving my GC2 around. Foresight does not currently offer the E6 and I have not heard of any plans by Foresight to add E6 II.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    E6 has many play modes. I don't think there is any tournament setup options. No online play with E6. RedChain has online play.
    Red Chain has online play but only with Protee and P3pro, not with Foresight yet. The E6 II is suppose to have online play.

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    Can I suggest you push length to 30 feet. Get a few golfers in there and the more room the better.

Of you can go bigger then do so. I thought you couldn't go bigger alpo but if you can, I agree with CPA bigger the better.

Shotmaker bubs3141 is on a distinguished road
    correct, there is no computer opponent with e6. There does not appear to be any additions of this in the future either.

alpobas
    I am considering pushing length to 30 feet. But this might be too difficult for now. We'll see. In case of FS this is a must. How about that X1 TBox? -How is it going? Any specs?

My mistake, i somehow tought that GC2 is compatible with E6. For now E6 II seems really interesting. I can wait till november for my purchase.

Somekind of in game tournaments could be cool. Now they have to arrange on paper.

Was looking for Protee also but really don't want any sensors on my floor. They scare some people. I know.

Ps. There is my E6 video (had to cut down resolution due to size): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-Gz1SWzLWU

alpobas
    Here is plan for a bigger room. I think i will go with Flightscope. Anyone know about FS X1-Tbox?

Maby Fiberbuilt fairway, rough and sand panels between two stance mats. Not drawn in this picture.

Do you think that projector (Optoma 750) is in danger zone?
    Attached Images

I would be concerned about the projector being in front of your hitting area. I've got the Optoma 750 and have it directly over my hitting mat. I'm also hitting from about 5 feet closer to the screen than it looks like you'll be setup. Does the TBox require you to be as far away from the screen as your plans indicate?

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    There is no confirmation from anyone, including Cory who was going to sell the thing, that the tbox is working.

CPA, that's right! I'd forgotten about that...

Thread Information