CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Pitching Wedge Unkynd is on a distinguished road
    Went ahead and ordered the 3'x5' Real Feel mat. Thanks everyone. I want a mat that is going to punish the fat shots so that I quit hitting them and it sounds like CCE is the one for that.
    Last edited by Unkynd; 06-11-2014 at 01:31 PM.

Pitching Wedge Unkynd is on a distinguished road
    Received my Real Feel CCE mat yesterday; here are my thoughts

It's really thick and you almost sink into it a bit. I hit 20 shots, of those I caught 1 a little fat and another really fat. I was hitting a 5i, which for me is about 165 carry, 175 roll on a decent hit. On the little fat one, it was 155 carry, 165 roll. On the really fat it was 135 carry, big hook, 150 roll. This seems close to what I would expect on the course in normal conditions. So far so good. I was a little bit surprised at how thick it is, and I'm going to have to build a ramp to pull golf balls back up onto the mat. My current setup is to hit into a net, retrieve the ball, and hit again. I can no longer just roll the ball back into position with my club, as the mat is too high. Also, if you ground your club heavy behind the ball it will move. I guess I'm going to learn to be more careful when grounding my club, which is probably a good thing in the grand scheme.

All-in-all, I'm happy with the purchase and it beats the hell out of hitting off of carpet.

2 Iron DjPiLL is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Unkynd View Post
    Received my Real Feel CCE mat yesterday; here are my thoughts

It's really thick and you almost sink into it a bit. I hit 20 shots, of those I caught 1 a little fat and another really fat. I was hitting a 5i, which for me is about 165 carry, 175 roll on a decent hit. On the little fat one, it was 155 carry, 165 roll. On the really fat it was 135 carry, big hook, 150 roll. This seems close to what I would expect on the course in normal conditions. So far so good. I was a little bit surprised at how thick it is, and I'm going to have to build a ramp to pull golf balls back up onto the mat. My current setup is to hit into a net, retrieve the ball, and hit again. I can no longer just roll the ball back into position with my club, as the mat is too high. Also, if you ground your club heavy behind the ball it will move. I guess I'm going to learn to be more careful when grounding my club, which is probably a good thing in the grand scheme.

All-in-all, I'm happy with the purchase and it beats the hell out of hitting off of carpet.

It is so thick because it allows you to place a real tee on it. I have the same mat. Very happy with it.

Thread Information