CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frans@france View Post
    euh...emulate a smash 1.16, launch at 12* waisting a nice 90mph swing to get only 123 yards....

Do that all the time......not

Looks like a almost topped ball with a nice big hook, together with some serious forward shaft lean....Will give it a try today

Frans be careful with your comments. No need for sarcasm or anything personal.

3 Wood Frans@france is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMax View Post
    Should be any easy task for a single digit like yourself.
    .. the only single digit I have is the one after the decimal point

Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    Frans be careful with your comments. No need for sarcasm or anything personal.
    no sarcasm at all in that posting!

no sarcasm at all in that posting!
    And your comments are welcomed. Not sure anyone here is asking for a golf lesson. I agree the spin seems low for the GC2. The Protee numbers may not be perfect as well. The fact is the shot representation is a reasonable representation. Remember, its simulation!! Nothing is perfect especially indoors not even the Trackman. You take from it what you believe and go from there. Post your opinions as we all get more knowledge with debates but bear in mind there are some questions/debates that will not be resolved and one just has to agree to disagree. I just don't want any sarcasm that may let things get out of hand.

And your comments are welcomed. Not sure anyone here is asking for a golf lesson. I agree the spin seems low for the GC2. The Protee numbers may not be perfect as well. The fact is the shot representation is a reasonable representation. Remember, its simulation!! Nothing is perfect especially indoors not even the Trackman. You take from it what you believe and go from there. Post your opinions as we all get more knowledge with debates but bear in mind there are some questions/debates that will not be resolved and one just has to agree to disagree. I just don't want any sarcasm that may let things get out of hand.
    I think you completely misunderstood. It was not a golf lesson! It was a summary in words of the data of the shot together with the swing keypoints for me to be able to copy the swing & data as requested. By doing that I allowed ZMax to point out any possible flaws in assumptions I have made.

Like the assumption that the smash was correct. ZMAX pointed out that the clubspeed might have been wrong. So I will concentrate a bit less on getting that i7 at 90mph in order to copy that swing & data
    Last edited by Frans@france; 02-10-2013 at 08:59 AM. Reason: add example.

I did not misunderstand. Emulate the shot and post a screenshot then. I would be interested to see it on the Trackman. In fact if I make it to my club today i will try a 7 iron shot on our Trackman as well. I do agree the spin seems low.

I did not misunderstand.
    I beg to differ when you are using words like "Not sure anyone here is asking for a golf lesson" when i was not given any

Lets keep things civil. Your comments sounded sarcastic. ZMax was asking for a screenshot of your 7 iron on a Trackman. if you can provide it then great. if not then so be it.

Lets keep things civil. Your comments sounded sarcastic. ZMax was asking for a screenshot of your 7 iron on a Trackman. if you can provide it then great. if not then so be it.
    You started with wrong assumptions and false accusations! I'm waiting for a sorry which would be a civil thing to do by you! Or a delete of the postings that started with yours (including yours) would do fine as well.

If you still disagree then please delete my account.

Ok sorry, I misunderstood. Please post the screenshots. Lets get back on track with the thread meaning.

Accepted! Will try to hit that shot later today

ZMAX : You said you can hit that shot again. Could you do it again but then line-up to the right? So the same swing but it would then start more right. Because somehow I have the feeling that the camera in the cg2 was blocked by the clubhead closing and therefore a misread in the data. Specially if you can hit that shot more then once I would really like to know what happens if the face is more open relative to the unit when hitting that exact same shot.

Lob Wedge pgpgpg is on a distinguished road
    ZMax is absolutely right. The ball path has the options of using the Hcam, ball track or clubface path. I personally use the Hcam all the time. If the Hcam for whatever reason is a fault, which if setup well doesn't happen often, then the ball track will be used. Good fallback option. My settings are like Z's to use Hcam all the time.
    Where do you change these parameters ?

Settings - ignore hcam fallback - False

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    ZMAX : You said you can hit that shot again. Could you do it again but then line-up to the right? So the same swing but it would then start more right. Because somehow I have the feeling that the camera in the cg2 was blocked by the clubhead closing and therefore a misread in the data. Specially if you can hit that shot more then once I would really like to know what happens if the face is more open relative to the unit when hitting that exact same shot.
    I can do that shot again with a more open club face(lining up to the right), but I'm 100% sure the club face did not interfere with the readings. The first image of the ball might have been blocked, but the GC2 looks at 6-10 images of the ball in a span of less than a foot.

Btw, I did not read any sarcasm in your comments. We all know that shot was done on purpose. Internet postings have a way of causing misunderstandings.

I can do that shot again with a more open club face(lining up to the right), but I'm 100% sure the club face did not interfere with the readings. The first image of the ball might have been blocked, but the GC2 looks at 6-10 images of the ball in a span of less than a foot.
    You are right! My mistake, I should have paid more attention to the data! Only after hitting the first shot I understood my mistake.

Your Launch Angle is so low that we can assume that the dynamic loft is also very low. If you then also have a relative low AoA we get a low spinloft! Hence the low spin!

I hit several shots with a srixon ball which normally doesn't give me much spin. The lowest spin I could get with a similar shot was 2800 rpm! Average was slightly above 4000 rpm.

Below a screenshot where the ball speed/launch angle and difference between Face&Path was as close as possible to your shot. As you can see the spin is indeed low.

Btw, I did not read any sarcasm in your comments. We all know that shot was done on purpose. Internet postings have a way of causing misunderstandings.
    Yeap

Thanks frans. Is there a screenshot? I don't see it?

refresh? PS If I would increase the clubhead speed then the spin would go up as well....

Thanks for posting the screen shot Frans. I probably should have mentioned about the low AOA. The Protee does estimate AOA but it's in beta and thus not displayed in the analysis screen. It probably won't be as accurate as the TM any way.

This also brings into question the GC2's backspin numbers in the second video, which I'm sure was probably off by at least 2000 rpms. But, like we've been saying, nothing is perfect.

refresh? PS If I would increase the clubhead speed then the spin would go up as well....
    80 was about right.

Just out of interest Frans, what would the sidespin in rpm be in Trackman with the spin axis of -21.7 and launch spin of 3403 ?

If my math is correct 3161rpm backspin and 1258 rpm sidespin

Thought around that. Cool thanks.

3 Wood Stonebattle is on a distinguished road
    Frans
    I get the same numbers

Hybrid mathman is on a distinguished road
    Bubba22
    I am confused, I thought if you wanted to always use the H-cam for ball path the setting would be:
    Ignore h-cam fallback = true
    I think somewhere in the protee forum Zmax posted that is what he uses "Ignore h-cam = true."

It should be True.

Playing Winter Rules mmlincon is on a distinguished road
    Interesting stuff. How does the GC2 compare to the ProTee with putts, short chips and pitch shots? Didn't the Gc2 have issues with crazy long rolls on the courses? Has that all been fixed?

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    Z can answer that but does not have courses. I have never seen a crazy long roll on mine. Given how dry it is here now I can do that on a real course!

Playing Winter Rules mmlincon is on a distinguished road
    This was a while back so it's probably been fixed. Just something I remember and I could be completely wrong. How would you rate the short shot performance?

Gap Wedge Hopkinsgolf is on a distinguished road
    Hey all, sorry haven't posted in a while but new baby took priority! For what its worth, I took a golf lesson with a local pro with Trackman... I thought it would be good opportunity to test out the GC2 and had it running at the same time... the numbers were virtually identical and spin numbers were usually within 100 to 200 rpms of each other with the GC2 usually having slightly higher spin numbers, but again often within 100 rpms (I'd say roughly 80% of the time)... The biggest difference was around 400 rpms, but this only happened once... Carry, launch angle, etc were very similiar... Most of it was with a driver... Pretty small sample size (only had about 20 shots with the Trackman running), but I was impressed...

Thread Information