CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar

Golftown sold to Golfsmith?

Not wanting to spread any rumors but herd something about Golftown being sold to Golfsmith? Anyone confirm this or is it a rumor.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    actually the other way around. Old news Marcos ;-). GT did recently announce they were closing their canadian offices and moving them to Austin Texas where GS is.

http://www.torontogolfnuts.com/showt...light=golftown
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Thanks for clearing that up for me Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    Thanks for clearing that up for me Jeff.
    that's why i am here ;-)

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    I miss the Daily Deal.... :-(

Driver Happy Gilmore is on a distinguished road Happy Gilmore's Avatar
    When you go to Golftown.com, and click to enter US site, you get the following information.

------------------------
    Have you heard? Golf Town and Golfsmith have recently combined to become the largest golf retailer in the world! To better serve you in the US, we are transitioning our US Golf Town site to Golfsmith.com.

Looking for Golf Town? No need to worry! We will still be operating our Golf Town stores in Canada. Our US Golf Town stores will be switching over to Golfsmith stores in the near future.

If you're looking for Golf Town specific products, brands or Canadian stores visit golftown.ca.

If you want to shop for golf products here in the US we'd like to welcome you to golfsmith.com.

Interested in learning more about how Golf Town and Golfsmith have combined? Click here for details.
    ------------------------

I miss the daily deal too.
    Happy

"Play every shot so that the next one will be the easiest that you can give yourself." - Billy Casper

golftown.ca redirects to golftown.com

apparently all of their shipping will be done from the US in the very near future. It's going to kill their shipping business to canada with the additional costs and shipping hassels with customs.

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post

apparently all of their shipping will be done from the US in the very near future. It's going to kill their shipping business to canada with the additional costs and shipping hassels with customs.
    I trust government to step in and make things right (click)
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Gotta Post Break68 is on a distinguished road Break68's Avatar
    That torontogolfnuts thread sure has a lot of speculation, very funny to read.
    Obviously you're not a golfer.

Driver Happy Gilmore is on a distinguished road Happy Gilmore's Avatar

Actually, they both resolve to the same IP Address: 206.108.188.56 so it is not really a redirect to a different site.

The US golftown DNS, us.Golftown.com, resolves to different address altogether, IP: 208.113.62.218 therefore it is a different site.

On another note, "This snow today is ...... (place you preferred curse word here) irritating!"
    Happy

"Play every shot so that the next one will be the easiest that you can give yourself." - Billy Casper

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    I emailed them about the daily deal and they answered that they were re-vamping the website and the daily deal would be up and running soon.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    I emailed them about the daily deal and they answered that they were re-vamping the website and the daily deal would be up and running soon.
    but if its shipped from the US, you'll have to deal with the usual costs/delays of bringing things over the border....and hope they choose to ship USPS otherwise it's useless. USPS rates all went up about 2 weeks ago so its a lot more expensive now.

Caddy paulfourputt is on a distinguished road
    but if its shipped from the US, you'll have to deal with the usual costs/delays of bringing things over the border....and hope they choose to ship USPS otherwise it's useless. USPS rates all went up about 2 weeks ago so its a lot more expensive now.
    Maybe we should give them the benefit of the doubt, for now anyway. Many of us have bought from for e.g. 3Balls, where our purchase arrived within two business days as opposed to two weeks vial mail. Canada Post also now charges a $9.95 handling fee, up from $5 I think it was previously. As well, many US shippers, particularly the ones with a Canadian presence, offer bargain shipping rates. I'm thinking of Puma.com - free shipping over $85.

Fairway Junkie sharkshooter is on a distinguished road sharkshooter's Avatar
    You can always have stuff shipped to Ogdensburg (UPS Store) and pick them up there. They charge $5 per package, and you pay the taxes at the border.

Postaholic downhillslider is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkshooter View Post
    You can always have stuff shipped to Ogdensburg (UPS Store) and pick them up there. They charge $5 per package, and you pay the taxes at the border.
    47 min. to the border. Average wait time, 10 min.Pay toll, $2.75 Drive 3 km to fill up the tank @ $3.72/ u.s gal, 10 min. Stop at Walmart and pick up a few cheaper grocery items like butter, milk ...( way cheaper in the states, non taxable) 20 min. Go to Proctor street to Coporate Center ( same idea as UPS store ) and pick up package @ $3.00/package, 15 min. Head back to Canada, pay toll again, arrive at border and wait 15 min. Go in and pay the HST on your goods 15 min. back home in 47 min.

Time>>>> Under 3 hrs. round trip

$$$>>>> About $15 in gas $5.25 in toll charges, $3.00/ package = $25.00

Bonuses >>>> Cheap fuel if you go down near empty, cheap groceries, no brokerage fees

Draw backs >>>>>>>> What's your time worth ?

Conclusion: For me it's well worth it.

Thread Information