+ Reply to Thread
    megachimp

Will an older launch monitor do what I want?

Hi all,

About to start down the path of home golf! Here's my first question:

Will an older launch monitor like a Zelocity Pure Launch, Accusport Vector or Vector X be of any real use?

What I'm hoping to accomplish is a similar setup to the indoor place I take my lessons at. They have a Foresight GC2 hooked up to a computer running a driving range program. Hit the ball, watch the results on screen.

I'd like to have something similar at home without spending GC2 kind of money. Do the older launch monitors have this kind of functionality? I've read some references to Zelocity running with E6 software, but haven't seen anything definitive.

I'm sure this is just question one of 100 I'll be asking in the coming month(s) So thanks!

Shotmaker bubs3141 is on a distinguished road
    Yes on the Accusport. It will have info in a range format. Do not waste your time with Zeolocity. I am sure others will chime in but you will need to post what you are looking for such as club data, or just ball data. The gc2 you use at the course does it have the HMT attached? If not then all you were getting is ball data.

megachimp
    the GC2 at my indoor range does not have the HMT. Ball data only, which would be fine for me. (I think) I want to nail down distances and shot shape.

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    Used gc2 for you, join the queue, or pay the price.

Ace wbealsd is on a distinguished road
    If you can afford it, I certainly recommend the GC2 but used ones can be difficult to find and if your budget limits you then I'd keep an eye out for deals on an Accusport system.

Cory at Par2Pro has a refurbished unit currently available
    http://www.par2pro.com/shop/product_...roducts_id=256

Accusport even offers certified used units on their website
    http://www.accusport.com/media-cente...ms-on-sale-now

For an indoor range with constructive feedback, I'd certainly consider a Vector Pro which will be less expensive and easier to find used than a GC2. If you decide you want something more in the future, I'm pretty sure you'll be able to find a buyer for the Vector Pro when you're ready to upgrade. (Probably one of your friends that envies your setup - lol).

If it were me, I'd discuss this with Cory and see what kind of a package he can put together for a refurbished unit and your net/impact screen, hitting mat, etc.

megachimp
    Great advice guys.

I wish I could float the cost of a GC2, but it's just not in the cards at the moment.

Regarding the Accusport models. I've read that the older Vector X is a better unit than the Vector Pro. Any truth to that? I've also read that there was a lens change at some point in the Vector Pro's lifecycle. Is the upgraded lens a requirement?

Thanks again everyone

Ace goatbarn is on a distinguished road
    I've have a vector launch monitor. I had the new VRP 200 model with the microlens upgrade. It was very nice for what I used it for. I used it in my garage and just worked on distance gapping and carry distance with my driver. I felt it was very easy to setup and accurate.

There is the vector, vector pro, vector pro with microlens, and the vector x.

The vector is the oldest version, very accurate and simple, but it has 1 camera. The vector pro has 2 cameras. The vector pro with microlens has 2 cameras with automatic adjustments of brightness balance (helps with use outdoors) and the vector x has 2 cameras, microlens autofocus/adjust and and onboard computer and display so you dont need to plug it in (ideal for outdoors, of the three).

Hope this helped.

megachimp
    Thanks for the info GB. So did you also have the VRange software. Does that come with the Pro? Looking at the Accusport website, it looks like they offer range software, but it freak'n runs $800!!!!! for a simple driving range program?

Ace goatbarn is on a distinguished road
    I did not have the vrange, which is wayyyy over priced. I have the vteach, vfit, and one other???

Mostly I used the vfit program which displays the captured images, with ball data for each shot laid out in a table format and ball data for the current shot displayed in a dashboard style.

8 Iron netcam is on a distinguished road
    I also had a Vector Pro with MicroLens and VSeries (VRange, VFit, VTeach) overall I liked it and consider the Vector a good unit. Accusport's technical support is top notch in my experience with them. One thing to watch out for if you are looking at buying a used Vector Pro is the lens, in order to use the VSeries software you MUST have a MicroLens unit or it has to be sent to Accusport for the upgrade, which is what I did and VSeries was included for no cost. I would highly recommend talking to Cory but if you are looking else where at a used unit, get the serial number and call Accusport they will tell you the details of the unit as far as software and lens status.

If you plan on using a video camera to record your switch the VTeach is actually nice as it automatically records and links your swing video to shot data...

If you have time to wait you might want to check out the GSA LX which is kinda similar to a Vector Pro but has the course/range software.

Putter anmol77 is on a distinguished road
    Last edited by anmol77; 02-25-2021 at 06:40 AM.

Thread Information