100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Skypro

8 Iron kwantfm is on a distinguished road

Skypro

Cory,

Thanks for posting the Skypro PGA 2013 Show video, it was really interesting and they seem to have figured out some clever ways of dealing with issues such as sensor placement.

I was wondering if they measure simple club data like club path and face angle at impact? It's not obvious to me from the video or from their website.

Thanks,
    T

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar

Caddy golfun is on a distinguished road
    Good find Bubba!

8 Iron kwantfm is on a distinguished road
    Thanks Bubba, I feel a tinge of excitement about this product.

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    Yes the big questions..... how does it set targetline........how accurate is it.

It certainly looks good. I do fear that these devices may not be what they promise to be especially with path and face angle. Now for the price, its worth trying.

Quote Originally Posted by CPA View Post
    Yes the big questions..... how does it set targetline........how accurate is it.
    Here is my fear in all these analysers http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyNDSMBnVnY Now thats the Swingbyte 1 so hopefully second generation in all of them will be better.

Guarantee that was not fixed on the club correctly. Remember TM cheats a bit with clubface angle.

I would still give the TM a slight edge in calculating face angle over a $199 dollar device! I agree the fixation of the device is the key.

Bubba I just laughed at the video.

That's why BOTH Target Line AND Calibration on Shaft have to be implemented. "Good Guesses" are not going to work lol CPA said before if those are not implemented and it's slipping on the shaft these are worthless!
    That's why I still think the Opti, P3 and Protee and on up are such good devices, because they have set units that track real directions.

Yes I agree. That is my point with these devices. I think if you take the Skypro idea and set a target line then there is probably gonna be reliable data to be used. Lets see how good Skypro will be. It does seem like the calibration is great but more info is needed regarding what is measured and to what target. I fear that they all will slip somewhat. the day when a strip of tape with some nano technology that will becheap and easy to apply (and sturdy) is around the corner than these somewhat bulky devices. But hey, you gotta start somewhere!!!

Par Kball is on a distinguished road
    The app is available via the App Store and allows you to get a feel for how the device works.

probably for the swingbyte thread but when SB thought to themselves how do we calibrate targetline..........oh yeah lets use TM idea of calibrating by video!!

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Skypro looks great. I'm liking what I see. Better than Swingbyte it appears. Did they say when it would be available?

I agree. Sky pro does look nice. Cory any idea when available?

Quote Originally Posted by CPA View Post
    probably for the swingbyte thread but when SB thought to themselves how do we calibrate targetline..........oh yeah lets use TM idea of calibrating by video!!
    TM calibrates by video? How does it do that?

BTW- Trackman has a lawsuit in process against Flightscope! - http://trackman.dk/Media/News/patent-claim.aspx

Just found the page where you set it up- http://www.trackman.dk/TMdownload/TP...ng_Started.pdf
    Last edited by golfun; 01-27-2013 at 12:17 AM.

Yep page 5 - left click on the target in video view.

Just on the spin suit. These are the patent words.... "determining spin parameters of a sports ball, such as spin axis and rotation velocity of a golf ball. The spin axis is determined solely from the trajectory of the flying ball, and the rotational velocity is determined from a frequency analysis of a signal provided by a radar, which signal comprises spectrum traces positioned equidistantly in frequency, which frequency distance relates to the spin velocity"

7 Iron tahosrfr is on a distinguished road
    Skypro does look good. I've been waiting for this since when there name was Pocketpro. I'm glad they finally got some money to back em'.
    I am however interested in the Swingbyte 2.0 since now it does real synchronous video of your actual golf swing. Another cool app to check out for video golf swing analyzers is Swing Profile. It's free to try and works great on the IPAD. Check out the info at their website. Amazing stuff

8 Iron netcam is on a distinguished road
    Cory,

Any idea when the Skypro will be available?

Hybrid mathman is on a distinguished road

New sky pro

Got my sky pro in the mail and started using it today. Had to let it charge over night before I could use it. Comes in a neat little case to keep it in which also is used for charging. Can be charged in any usb port, which is nice so it fits the plug that charges my iPhone. Attaches to club with no problem and seems pretty tight with no movement. Today I used it alone, just to get use to it. I plan on using it along with the protee so when I get a strong shot I can see how it correlates with my golf swing. I also like how it calibrates itself to the club by using the iPhone.
    So far I am pretty impressed with the results. I found my golf lean at address was to far forward and also on the backswing I was getting to far inside to soon. I have been working on my shoulder turn and did not realize it was bringing the club to far inside. I went into the grove mode picked a swing that had a good backswing and practice on getting it correct. Skypro allows you to pick an item, for example golf club lean, set certain parameters and take 10 swings and lets you know if you fall inside those parameters.
    I think you can only pick one item at a time in grove mode to work on, today I picked shaft lean and the first part of the backswing. It would be nice if you could pick several items at a time during groove mode. I took around 50 swings and the most common alerts were shaft lean and being to far inside. On every swing if something is out of line you get little alerts, then you can pick that item and practice it in grove mode. Its only day one but so far I am very happy with sky pro, I can see its really going to improve my swing. I also saw today my downswing is always above by backswing another thing I need to work on!!!

5 Iron mcook is on a distinguished road
    Thank you for the review...sounds awesome! After you use it a bit more can you please post another on any further likings or issues you run into. I would also like to know how it correlates with your ProTee. I appreciate it!

The calibration is a good idea. How does it set targetline?

Ace goatbarn is on a distinguished road
    Targetline is face angle at address like most of these devices. Not great, but no real solution to this yet.

Real problem with this (besides the fact that not everyone plays a face angle straight to target) is that the more upright your lie angle is the more left the face angle points at address. Since most people come into the ball with a much higher handle (ie steeper shaft angle) than address, it'll throw the numbers off.

Par Kball is on a distinguished road
    I am considering a Sky Pro in order to address an issue that I have with over swinging. It seems like groove mode would be perfect to work on this.

Thoughts?

Thread Information