CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    9 Iron roach5539 is on a distinguished road

P3ProSwing - New software released

A new software release has been made available for the P3Pro. Based on the release notes, it looks to be mainly related to WorldDunes Online play support. But in addition, they indicate there is a new Driving range and "other fixes".... I downloaded it this morning and plan to test more tomorrow. I will report back anything new I am able to find..

Here is a link to the "all in one" download:
    https://www.yousendit.com/download/U...Mm1VbStFQk1UQw

I understand the main focus of this release is to support daily and weekly games and tournaments available via http://www.worlddunes.com. They now offer daily closest to the pin, longest drive and 9 hole competitions with a live leader board in the World Dunes locker room. They will also be holding weekly 18 hole tournaments. In each case members can play and post their scores anytime throughout the day or week and track how they stand via the leader board.

Caddy golfun is on a distinguished road
    There is a cool New Video (kinda skippy thou) on WorldDunes Play between 2 people on youtube.
    It's here- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGxA4-TepRY
    The interaction looks fun!

Yes, the audio interaction really adds to the fun of the game.. The video helps put a face to a name, but that's about it. As you say, the video is choppy and regardless I don't think it adds a lot of game value. Kind of cool to see each persons setup and ask questions and it works well for that... The audio on the other hand is great to have up and running. So much better that pressing the letter "t" and sending text messages back and forth.. It's not golf if you aren't able to hear "Nice Shot" and say "Thanks"

5 Iron chasiv is on a distinguished road

P3ProSwing Software Update

Hi folks,

Watch the P3ProSwing site in the next few days as there is another update out (files were uploaded yesterday).

A few fixes to the online competition data basing, a few in-game fixes (like the quit button issue), and a new & improved Driving Range (where the Pin location difficulty actually does something). The Virtual Course software will upgrade to version 4.014 and the Basic Course Pack is updated as well. Those who have the Basic Course Pack already will find that they can simply download the Driving Range Installer to save time.

This update will also fix the scorecard issue at World Dunes and a few issues with the Daily Competitions.

Enjoy,
    Chasiv

Quote Originally Posted by chasiv View Post
    Hi folks,

Watch the P3ProSwing site in the next few days as there is another update out (files were uploaded yesterday).

A few fixes to the online competition data basing, a few in-game fixes (like the quit button issue), and a new & improved Driving Range (where the Pin location difficulty actually does something). The Virtual Course software will upgrade to version 4.014 and the Basic Course Pack is updated as well. Those who have the Basic Course Pack already will find that they can simply download the Driving Range Installer to save time.

This update will also fix the scorecard issue at World Dunes and a few issues with the Daily Competitions.

Enjoy,
    Chasiv
    Notes on the release can be found at http://www.proswingsupport.com/Golf/...4%20Update.pdf

Eagle SFR is on a distinguished road
    Did this new release go back to the old shortcut icon for the prem courses? Still had the yellow ball icon on the desktop after the install but it didn't work. Found the old icon back on the screen and it is what works. Seems all is running ok but have not had it installed on my shop computer where the sim is to actually try.

SFR, Yes they have returned to the White golf flag icon. You may have noticed that the virtual course software now automatically starts/restarts the interface as required. Thus, the interface starts up much later in the process now. If for some reason it is closed during play, the software will restart it.

VC Startup

Yes SFR. You should be using the old start icon for the courses. The script was supposed to remove the old icon, but it was not updated properly.

The Interface now opens when the course is loading. You'll also find that if you close the interface window, that it will automatically reopen (by design). So I believe this new method is much smoother and more effective.

chasiv- The Huge 5.0 Update is free for all P3ProUnits right?

All of the updates are free (P3ProSwing Swing Analysis, Virtual Course Software, Basic Course pack, Driving Range update, All-In-One installer).

They can all be found at https://p3proswing.freshdesk.com/sol...tegories/45640. I'm working to get the links up on my personal support site (www.proswingsupport.com) as well so they will be better described and easier to navigate.

Eagle SFR is on a distinguished road
    Thanks guys for the reply on the Short Cut icon. One of these days I will have to sign up for on line play and actually see if the wi-fi signal will be strong enough in the shop to play on line. Just not sure how going through a few walls might slow down the connection.

Have to try out the latest version to see if there is anything on my want list still outstanding. Good work Chuck on bringing this around.

WorldDunes & P3ProSwing held there first 18 hole tournament this weekend. It was pretty cool, you had to register the day before. Then starting at 2pm on Friday through 2pm on Saturday, they created tee times that you could join and play with other participants or you could click on the tournament match button and play by yourself anytime you wanted. There was a live leaderboard that you could follow that not only shows the total for each player but also allows you to look at their scorecard. Playing competitive matches online adds real pressure to simulator play. BIG FUN.
    They plan to start running 36 - 72 hole tournaments in the near future. Great way to past the time over the winter

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Sounds nice. How many people played roach?

Only 9 people posted scores in the tournament today. The daily games (closest to the pin, longest drive, and a 9 hole Par 3) have had similar participation. There seems to be about 20 really active members and I see new names on the system each week. The weekend daily games (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) have been sponsored by Srixon and they are offering the winners gloves and balls. I won a Srixon golf Glove for posting a 9 hole Par 3 score of Even par last weekend.
    I think they need to do a better job publishing how handicap (flights) will be used in the longer running tournaments. I am sure a few people decided not to play in the 18 hole tournament after a couple rounds of +5 was posted early.

Cool. Good points. Hopefully it will grow.

That is really cool! It's like playing in a real tourny! (simulated)
    I could definitely see people of different handicaps feeling discourage, especially if a 20 handicap is playing against a scratch player!

What kind of scores are they posting? Is it possible to post a screenshot of the Leaderboard?

They have indicated they would be using handicaps to establish 3 or 4 flights (groups of golfers with like skill level). Not sure how this will be implemented. I will try to figure out how to post a screenshot. Here are the scores (cut/paste)

Tournament Scores
    Date/Time User Score Rank
    Scorecard February 2 at 09:30 AM EST mandrake67 +5 1
    Scorecard February 2 at 08:57 AM EST CatManP3Pro +5 2
    Scorecard February 2 at 09:49 AM EST Pupillo +8 3
    Scorecard February 2 at 06:57 AM EST humberto +9 4
    Scorecard February 2 at 11:30 AM EST roach +9 5
    Scorecard February 2 at 09:14 AM EST rvaughn +10 6
    Scorecard February 1 at 10:29 PM EST mvandemore +10 7
    Scorecard February 2 at 08:50 AM EST llindstrom +12 8
    Scorecard February 1 at 02:47 PM EST neburite +28 9

This was 18 holes on Monterey Bay (AKA The Links at Spanish Bay)

roach, what game play mode options do you have for online play?

Modes of online play include Stroke Play, Stableford, Modified Stableford, and Matchplay.

Here is a screen print of the tournament results.. The second Mandrake67 is Pupillo (they are sharing a user ID at the moment).

Screen Shot 2013-02-03 at 11.18.42 AM.jpg

If you click on the scorecard link you get the following.

Screen Shot 2013-02-03 at 11.25.05 AM.jpg

This is mine.. I was tied for the lead at +5 with three holes to play.. Then hit it OB twice and took an 8 on 17.. OUCH.

There is a 36 hole tournament scheduled for this Friday & Saturday. Members have to sign up to play on Thursday by clicking a sign up link on the WorldDunes portal. Then their name is added to the live leader board. Each player has to post one 18 hole round on Friday and one on Saturday. You can play with other tournament participants or by yourself. It will be interesting to see how many people participate.. I have been seeing a lot of new members the last couple of weeks..

Reporting back on 36 hole tournament played on Monterey Bay.. We had 22 people sign up and 16 actually post scores (a little growth over last time). The tournament was sponsored by Machrihanish Dunes http://machrihanishdunes.com/ - They provided the prizes.. (Golf Head Covers, Golf Shirts, and golf balls).. Interesting to see the impact of tournament pressure as most people shot a few stokes higher the second round... The winner shot even par both days. Second place was +2 & +5 = 7 over and third was +4 & +9 = 13 over.

Thread Information