CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Skypro video certainly more impressive than Swingbyte. I don't think it knows your target line. Nice feature to calibrate. Accuracy and ease of use is always the question!

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    Still say if swingbyte accurate it would be good with the video in clubfitting tab on gc2.

Par Kball is on a distinguished road
    I just watched the video of the SkyPro --- it looks awesome. Even just the ability to see if I am over swinging is a great feature for me as I struggle with going significantly past parallel. I have a GC2 - so being able to get some swing path information combined with the GC2 would be great. The calibration method is very impressive - assuming it works. I might have to order one.

Would be very interested to see if the club numbers jive with the GC2 numbers. I would be surprised if they did, but if so , he'll o a lot cheaper than HMT!

Bubba22 - You are right -- I have no idea how accurate the club numbers will be --- for me I would not be relying on it for swing speed, ball speed, carry distance etc -- I would be using it almost like a video camera that would allow me to better "see" my swing --- without the hassle of setting up a camera. I can normally feel whether my face is open or closed at impact. My biggest faults are pulling the club too quick to the inside and over swinging at the top. Seems like a device like this could be pretty good in these areas.

A camera would be more accurate for sure. Camera setup not that difficult!

Interesting --- maybe I am missing something - but the ability for a device like SkyPro to track the path of a swing should be something it can do well and thus I am surprised by the comment that a camera would be more accurate for sure. What am I missing?

K, the perfect world is to have both. Let's not forget about video analysis with all these gadgets coming out. Most actually have side to side video setup. Cameras never lie. My point is get a video setup. It's cheap and available mow.

Valid points -- I actually have the V1 Golf software -- just have not used it in a long time. My indoor hitting area would allow for a down the line camera, but face on I only have about 3' before I run into a wall.

I don't want to get off topic, but are there any threads that speak to the cameras people are using to record video? I have an old video camera that I used for home movies when my kids were young, but it doesn't get much use any more. I would say its weakness is it needs more a wide angle lens.

Any thoughts?

Cory --- I watched the video of the Foresights Sports booth with the guy hitting drivers using the GC2 + HMT. The software that was being used looked different - any insight? Maybe it was the fitting software - which I have not used the latest version and thus I would not recognize it.

Yep http://forum.ottawagolf.com/showthre...swing-analysis
    Now I am not saying don't get a swing analyser. Do so for sure. They are gonna be cheap and hopefully reliable with the club data. The biggest point for me is how easy and well will they stay on the club and how accurate will it detect the club to your targetline. Theye will come a day when there will be a device that will detect a strip of tape (or something easy and sticky) that will give the data and be easier to just apply to all clubs. But time will tell. Obviously there is a demand for club data not just ball data, which brings me back to my good old question Club vs Ball data http://forum.ottawagolf.com/showthre...a-vs-Ball-Data

Ace wbealsd is on a distinguished road
    My thoughts on these are pretty much inline with Kball's. I'd like to add something, particularly something fairly inexpensive and portable, that provides me with swing information to use in conjunction with my GC2. I think after the PGA show, I'll have a pretty good idea which one of these I'll decide to go with. In one sense, when I take the GC2 outside to a range, I'm already dragging around a lot of stuff with me and certainly don't want to leave the GC2 unattended at a range! Video setup wouldn't be practical for that, although it's something I want to add to my home setup later. Since I'm having to start diverting my funds to my daughter's wedding planned for the Fall, I won't have as much to spend on "my toys" this year, so I'm TRYING to be a bit more frugal - lol

I agree wb. The price is right for these devices, it should fit well with the launch monitors and is cheaper than the HMT/Trackman/Flightscope but the desire to have club/swing data brings me back to my point Club vs ball or both.

BOTH (when I can afford it)! I can be patient, I've just really started being able to enjoy the benefits of the setup I have now. I have SO MUCH MORE information I can use to work on improvements and a setup to practice with nearly everyday, that I'm almost overwhelmed, as it is - lol

Cool! Get practicing and improve!!!

Caddy golfun is on a distinguished road
    SkyPro- Has a good calibration method so it knows which way the sensor is on the club.
    But how does it know the intended Target Line? (guessing it's which way club is facing)

Swingbyte- Seems to have fixed Target Line! (want to hear from them about it)
    But how does it calibrate directly with the club? (still trying to line it up at 3 o'clock on the shaft?)

Hopefully Par2Pro will have some more videos today!

Like the look of Orange peel. Will buy if it works as this is a big problem moving from sim to course.

Edit. After thought,,it would work for side and ball below feet but cannot replicate ball above feet. The gravity may be ok but the ball is still below feet.
    Last edited by CPA; 01-27-2013 at 07:36 AM.

CPA, I just took a look at the Orange Peel and it looks like it would be possible to replicate hitting a ball above the feet using a tee (or and impact mat/strip) with a tee. I've got a couple of 1'x2' hitting strips that aren't the same height as my hitting mat but can elevate them with plywood. "Because of the added height of standing on the Orange Peel, hitting balls can be awkward, at first. My suggestion is to use tees or a mat to raise the height of the golf ball for easier contact" http://www.orangewhiptrainer.com/orangepeel/faq.php

Yes I thought of another strip , have a strip of real feel would do the job. Question is how the gc2 would cope.

Looks ok but one can easily build a home made version for cheaper than $200. Also bear in mind the most difficult part of uneven lies is at ball contact which this will not fully adress. Yes the adjustment of the feet, knees and club length is important but how the club contacts a ball on a sidehill, downhill etc. is where the disasters can happen. This will still give a flat ball lie and a uneven stance which is probably not as common as uneven stance and uneven ball. In any event would love to get some feedback if someone takes the plunge. Our course has an excellent practice area that has every lie situation to practice so I will pass at that price but a inside review would be great!

Interesting, but not on my current "wish list" I've been hooking the ball the past couple of days, but will find my alignment stick in the garage before getting "too high tech" - lol

Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    Hey All,

More videos posted last night...

I'll be catching up on business today, travelling tomorrow and be back in the office on Tuesday, so if you have questions, it's best to reach me by email (cory@par2pro.com).

A few notes about the show:

1. While Sports Coach didn't mention it in their video, the ARE working on integrating with E6!!! I heard estimated release dates of anywhere between 1 month and 4 months, but based on TruGolf's workload, it may be longer (my guess would be about a year away).

2. Swingbyte will be integrated with Flightscope (Flightscope will use the backswing data only) & Swing Guru.

3. While I spent a very long time waiting to get a video at Foresight's booth, we ran out of time to get a video on the prototype cradle, prototype fitting software (as you saw in the first Foresight video (http://youtu.be/xOTr0rQ5a6o), and new iPad software (downloadable from the app store for $50).

I hope everyone enjoys the videos,
    Cory

Quote Originally Posted by golfun View Post
    Par2Pro- The ES12 can now ball direction- read left and right shots?
    (that's what he said in the video )

At 1:13 he says "whether it went straight, right or left"
    I have confirmed with Ernest Sports that it does not measure horizontal direction, but you can tell the software if you are hitting it left/right/center.

Quote Originally Posted by Par2Pro View Post
    Hey All,

More videos posted last night...

I'll be catching up on business today, travelling tomorrow and be back in the office on Tuesday, so if you have questions, it's best to reach me by email (cory@par2pro.com).

A few notes about the show:

1. While Sports Coach didn't mention it in their video, the ARE working on integrating with E6!!! I heard estimated release dates of anywhere between 1 month and 4 months, but based on TruGolf's workload, it may be longer (my guess would be about a year away).

2. Swingbyte will be integrated with Flightscope (Flightscope will use the backswing data only) & Swing Guru.

3. While I spent a very long time waiting to get a video at Foresight's booth, we ran out of time to get a video on the prototype cradle, prototype fitting software (as you saw in the first Foresight video (http://youtu.be/xOTr0rQ5a6o), and new iPad software (downloadable from the app store for $50).

I hope everyone enjoys the videos,
    Cory
    iPad app seems pricey!

For what it shows compared to what it used to, I think it is worth it

Ok. Maybe post a review Cory!

I will have to buy an iPad - currently I just have an Android phone and tablet. This reminds me of the VHS & BETA days - oops did I just date myself? LOL

Ah, the old VHS and Beta!! LOL ...... Cory, you don't have an IPad yet? Is it not gonna be available for Android?

Caddy golfun is on a distinguished road
    Par2Pro- Thanks! And what Analyzer would you recommend in terms of accuracy, SkyPro or Swingbyte 2.0 now? Also did he say anymore on how the Target Line Video actually worked to read your swing with Swingbyte? And you still have to line it up at the 3 o'clock position right?

No iPad yet, but looks like I will need to get one. App for Android with the same software may be a while.

Thread Information