CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Lob Wedge pgpgpg is on a distinguished road

Protee putting sensor

Hi,

How far do you put your ball when you use the putting sensor with protee ? Do you change speed parameters for putting ?

Thanks

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    I put the ball 5-6 inches from the first row. You can use the putting factor and green friction(I recommend 1.20) to adjust the speed until you feel it's right.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Same here. The putting sensor is very good. You can calibrate it to fit your mat speed and feel. Very nice!

Bogie Libbing is on a distinguished road Libbing's Avatar
    Just watch out about your putter head crossing the sensor on the follow through if you place the ball too close to the first sensor row - or at least test it whether that has an impact or not; I seem to have had some misreads on the putter when that has happened but I haven't isolated that as the issue (sometimes I get small pieces of lint / carpet over the sensor that causes a misread); the best thing you can do to calibrate the putter is to measure the distance to the screen from where you putt and then calibrate the distance the protee reads a putt to be the same as the real life roll. So if you hit a 10' putt on your carpet, you want it to read 10' on the protee system. Change the friction / putting speed to make that happen. That gives you the best real feel for the putt. Otherwise you will have to reconcile what the ball does on your carpet with what the system reads. Gets confusing.

Yes I agree with that Libbing. Just make sure you test it on a FLAT lie in Protee if doing so. Use the green reader to see what your lie is. As well I would suggest leaving the green friction on 1.2 and adjusting the putting factor to get the right speed. The reason being is that for online play all machines must have the same green friction and course friction to jive. That is correct, right ZMax?

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Yes bubba22, that is correct.

Thanks Z. Hopefully any newbees to online play will read ZMax's excellent overview to getting started for online play http://forum.ottawagolf.com/showthre...ee-Online-Play

3 Iron cklguy2013 is on a distinguished road
    Help required with Putting sensor. Last night was my first night with my new Protee system, three issues remain outstanding, calibrating the V-Cam the H-Cam, and the putting sensor. Currently nothing is reading on the putting sensor, although the sensors show as active. Furthermore, when I switch to a putter, neither the hitting sensor pad nor the putting sensor read anything, and consequently nothing happens the, the ball just sits there. I'm thinking this is an easy fix, but I can't figure it out. Any help resolving this putting issue would be greatly appreciated.

I'll deal with the camera calibration in a separate email.

To narrow in on the problem I ran the test per the customer service website. Then sensors were all working, however the counter value in the CP box wasn't changing after a shot. It's as if the sensor isn't talking to the computer??

Lights above sensors are good? Try replugging the sensor from main unit. Reboot interface. Make sur you are on putter. All other shots launch?

Lights are good, sensors trigger, but nothing happens i.e. ball just sits there on screen. I noticed that the CP count doesn't change when a ball rolls over the putting sensor, in spite of the fact that individual sensors have been triggered.
    Last edited by cklguy2013; 04-02-2014 at 10:29 AM.

Shotmaker bubs3141 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by cklguy2013 View Post
    Lights are good, sensors trigger, but nothing happens i.e. ball just sits there on screen. I noticed that the CP count doesn't change when a ball rolls over the putting sensor, in spite of the fact that individual sensors have been triggered.
    You tried unpluging it and still no luck? Have you done the remote connect with Dennis?? If not, you MUST do it, as this will fix a lot of your issues.

Quote Originally Posted by cklguy2013 View Post
    You tried unpluging it and still no luck? Have you done the remote connect with Dennis?? If not, you MUST do it, as this will fix a lot of your issues.

bubs3141 when you say "unplug" it do you mean unplugging the power from the wall unit or unplugging from the hitting sensor? And no I haven't done the remote connect yet, I actually didn't know there was such a thing.

No, unplug the putting sensor from the main sensor. Wait 10 or so seconds and then plug it back in. And yes please e-mail Dennis at Protee and request a remote session. Also there is another website to read on http://csc.protee-united.com/home go through both of these sites for info and help. But please get a remote done, it will be a big help.

www protee golf online .com

Thread Information