CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Putter MyFishPond is on a distinguished road

Top Public Courses in Ottawa

I am going to be spending a couple of months working in Ottawa this summer (live in Toronto), and am super excited to experience a change in the courses I play. I did a search through earlier posts about which courses I need to have on my list but please let me know if I am missing any. I am a low handicapper but will likely be playing with some average golfers through work from time to time. Here is the list:

Stonebridge
    Equinelle
    Loch March
    Marshes
    Greensmere
    Emerald Links
    Anderson Links
    Le Sorcier
    Outaouais
    Nation
    Renfrew
    Canadian
    Kanata Lakes
    Eagle Creek

Did I miss any? Are there any obvious resources to use to get good deals at any of these courses? Any online booking discounts? Any daily deal companies selling golf?

Hope to see you out there!

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Good list. The last two on your list are private (Clublink). Peak rates in Ottawa are prob equiv to twighlight/winter rates in T.O.!
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    You need to suck up to a Clublink member to play those private courses mentioned or even better get to know Nokids and he can take you to one of the best private courses in Ontario!!!
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    I would add Chateau Montebello, its about a 45 minute drive on the QC side but a great old Thompson course (1929) with wicked greens!!
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Need a Caddy jmwhite is on a distinguished road jmwhite's Avatar
    Might want to ad Gatineau to that list....just a short drive over the Champlain bridge.

Well if they can get their fairways to actually grow this year and come in then I would agree on Gatineau. Its kind of funny when you drive up there and see that Clubhouse (top notch) then you get into a 20 year old beat up golf cart, hopefully they will have brand new carts this year.
    Lefty Lucas

Need a Caddy jmwhite is on a distinguished road jmwhite's Avatar
    The carts we got in late September were not 20 years old....nowhere near it actually. The fairways were also in very good shape. When did you play there last?

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar
    I concur with LeftyLucas....Montebello is a must for a great course with beautiful scenery. Ottawa has soooo many courses within a 60 min radius that we could truthfully easily double your list. However, with the addition of Montebello, you've got my key favourites listed.
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

It was certainly toward the end of the summer, the carts were the same as always, white, no bag covers, if you got newer ones then as I posted I endorse it for sure, after all I played my lowest score ever on the new layout so its got my vote.
    Lefty Lucas

Wannamaker stevek is on a distinguished road stevek's Avatar
    Buy the Red Book. It offers coupons for 2 for 1 or 50% off.

http://www.golfersredbook.ca/EOO_main.shtml?EOO_Home

A great number of those courses are in it.
    "Only one man in a thousand is a leader of men...
    the other 999 follow women." - Groucho Marx

JMWhite, can you tell me what happened to the 10th hole, will it remain a par 3? When I last played it they had moved the tee box up.
    Lefty Lucas

Bogie tigger12 is on a distinguished road
    i didn't see Smuggler's Glen on there and it's about an hour away. I would rank Mississippi and Pakenham as rivals to Anderson Links and Canadian.
    Just my opinion.

Golf Nut sabzor is on a distinguished road
    Re: Gatineau

The 10th is going to be a par 3 because people were hitting huge right slices into the parking lot. A bit of a shame since as a par 3 it's a rather boring hole whereas it was much nicer as a par 4. I believe they had a similar issue on the 1st hole with people hitting big hooks into someone's backyard hence them moving those tees up (not sure if they fixed that or not). That being said I'm not sure if par will drop a shot or if they plan on making one of the par 4's into a 5...

I find sitting and waiting on the 18th for groups ahead of you to be quite funny. Almost everyone tries to carry the 300yds over the corner water - they then try to hit too hard and hit huge slices over to the terrace.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jmwhite View Post
    The carts we got in late September were not 20 years old....nowhere near it actually. The fairways were also in very good shape. When did you play there last?
    The Gatineau is a great layout with tremendous potential but they will have to step it up a notch with the fairways, cartpaths to compete with higher end courses. As any new course this takes time and money. Equinelle is a great example of putting the money in the right place.
    I see good things in the future for sure.

Golf Nut sabzor is on a distinguished road
    I forgot to mention - don't bother purchasing any Gatineau memorabilia to commemorate your time playing the course as myself and everyone else I know who has played it earns a delightful 3/4" clear rock ding on one of their clubs to forever remember their round

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    You need to suck up to a Clublink member to play those private courses mentioned or even better get to know Nokids and he can take you to one of the best private courses in Ontario!!!
    Which course is that?

Amateur rview1 is on a distinguished road
    I'd add Smith Falls..

Bogie GoingLow is on a distinguished road GoingLow's Avatar
    If your willing to play for money, I will take you to Eagle Creek. No strokes for you......lol

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoingLow View Post
    If your willing to play for money, I will take you to Eagle Creek. No strokes for you......lol
    Jump at this offer O.P., you will prob lose money but have a great time!
    You only get out of something what you put into it

I'll take you out to Eagle Creek as well. Lets set up a round GoingLow in the Spring.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Count me in as your fourth.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Count me in as your fourth.
    Good to hear! It was like pulling teeth to get you out this year.

I just need 3 or 4 months to get myself mentally prepared to play with Terry.

Haha!

Bogie GoingLow is on a distinguished road GoingLow's Avatar
    Yes, Jordan and I have some unfinished business. Just paid my membership for 2013 at Eagle. Now gotta stop drinking for a month or two to make up for it. Muskoka's this year fo sho

It's on buddy!!

Hybrid TLB is on a distinguished road
    You might want to consider joining one of the Ottawa associations (Executive Golf, Reservations Master) if you will be golfing a lot during your time here

Thread Information