CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Pitching Wedge espresso is on a distinguished road

Replacement Turf for Optishot

For those of you who are not fully satisfied with the original turf the Optishot came with, what did you end up replacing it with? I know there's some pre-made options but I'm considering purchasing a thicker turf as a replacement and simply cut out the strip for the sensors. What's the thickest turf I can use before having issues with the sensors being too far from the actual club head?

I'm considering a more dense fiber turf to replicate fat shots. Options are:

0.875"
    1.250"

I haven't measured but I think the OEM one is only 0.5" if that.

8 Iron Riggy69 is on a distinguished road
    I have the one from www.golfnutz.ca from Ontairio and it is great to hit from. I injected a lot of silicone in a ring pattern around the cutouts to reinforce it . Definitely worth the money and much better to hit off. You can get it on ebay for about 65 $

I didn't see the exact turf you mentioned from golfnutz. I did see a few on ebay that were fairly thick. I guess you can add a decent size thickness turf and the optishot would still perform well.

If you search optishot on bay. Its the first one from st.catherines Ontairio for 64 $. It plays fine aslong as you do not tee it up too high with the driver as the further away from the sensors youget the less accurate it will be but irons, putting, and woods are fine and just don't tee it up too high. I couldnt imagine hitting off that thin original piece again

Just an idea that I thought of after the fact. I wonder , if you glued two layers of that kid-play foam or the grey gym foam to the bottom of the original turf and the velcro to the foam? It might work and you could save some money.

I too was looking for a cost effective solution to upgrading the turf. Nothing fancy but I would like to have 2 sensor strips cut out unlike the OEM with only 1 then the turf suddenly ends. It will look better once I build up a platform for the whole unit and everything including the optishot turf being relatively flush. These are cheap, $15-20 for the turf itself. A sharp blade, some glue and velcro strips and I should be set.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TC1224-12-x-...-/221134948301
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/TT1320-13-x-...-/221134940073

Good idea. However, the origial turf is pretty strong but just not thick enough.some guys even hit off carpet and are happy ! Good luck and let us know how you make out espresso.

The OEM turf works, I just want to improve the feel for fat shots or less than perfect shots. I don't want it to feel like I'm hitting and bottoming out on a plastic/metal board. I'd like some give. It probably won't change the flight of the ball since it measures club speed and angles but might enhance the feel a tad.

Thread Information