100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Putter munish75 is on a distinguished road

FlightScope Prime -- Your suggestions please

I am thinking about getting -- Refurbished FlightScope Prime Kit

Included:
    FlightScope Prime sensor upgraded with latest available microwave radar panel
    +
    Hard carry case with custom cut out foam
    +
    Portable Power Outlet
    +
    Lightweight Laptop stand with FlightScope branded cover/hood
    +
    Dell Vostro 1520 Laptop Loaded with latest software
    +
    Annual Support and Software Upgrade Agreement (1Year)
    -------------
    E6 Software options are given to me for $1000 to $2500.
    -------------

I have about 9X9X20 of space.
    --------------

Ordered DuraPro Golf Mat -- $100
    Ordered FN Nylon Golf High Impact Net 10X10X35 (White) -- $200
    Ordered PR-20 9X9 (Whit - Will sit in front of FN Nylon HINet). $135
    Will use black nylon panels all around behind FN Nylon HINet -- ~$200
    ---------------

Projector -- Need Advice -- This will be used only for the simulator. Just need to project a decent picture on PR-20 from 12 Feet on a 9x9 PR-20 Screen

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Arn't you cutting it close? Flightscope recommends 13ft from tee to screen and then 8-11ft from tee to radar unit. The more distance from tee to screen the better. How much is the refurbished Prime?

The Nylon impact net should be black. White net will reflect back onto the PR20 if it's right up against the PR20, which will show up as shadows.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Beat me too it Z. My exact same questions?

Changed order to ship Black Impact Net. Thanks for the info.

I am first getting an 1-2 week demo unit to see if it will work ok in my limited space. Hopefully it does. My swing speed is only about 95MPH.

Without E6 -- ~$4800

I am thinking --
    E6 DR -- E6 Driving Range, one Course (fantasy) & 1 mode of play. Includes scoring zone, chip & putt and swing analyzer
    $1,000

Price seems ok. Have you read all the threads that we already have on Flightscope/Trackman? My understanding of radar is that it won't detect putts. Soft chips might also be a problem from what I hear.

Please post your findings/review after you use it for a little bit.

I have another adjacent space which is W=8', H=9' and L=23'. But first 3 feet are raised by about 3 Inches. You think that will work better. I could use carpet or something to level out the 3" incline.
    Last edited by munish75; 01-06-2013 at 05:03 PM.

That should work better length wise, but you should check with Flightscope about the width also. Since the tee will have to be around 1-2 ft from the wall depending on your driver swing, it will put the radar unit 1-2 ft from the side wall as well. Whether that will have an effect on the radar returns is beyond me. Flightscope should be able to tell you for sure.

Hybrid fhann is on a distinguished road fhann's Avatar
    I have both the Prime and X2 units. You first alternative for indoor use is not going to give you enough distance to get consistent spin data which will throw off the numbers for calculated carry and total distances.

Your second alternative is okay for distance. The side wall is not a problem with the Prime unit situated about 2 feet from the wall. You will have to make adjustments in the software for difference in height between the bottom of the sensor and the bottom of the tee. The bottom of the sensor cannot be below the bottom of the tee height since this will obstruct the radar.

The Flightscope launch monitors do not measure putts. For this reason, I use it for range work/practice and club/ball fitting. The software that is provided by Flightscope is very good at doing this. They even have a skills software package that can be set for your desired yardage and size of target. If you wish to use the Flightscope as a simulator then you set the putting gimme package on the E6 to the automatic 2 putt option.

By the way I am thinking of selling my Prime unit.
    Engineered Golf - Frank Hann 3.8 GHIN
    www.engineeredgolf.ca

I don't really care about putting (I am doing OK on chipping/putting). I just want to work on my tee to green game. Specially irons (6-pw). I have negotiated price down to $4000.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Then go for it. Good luck and keep us posted how it turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    Then go for it. Good luck and keep us posted how it turns out.
    Picked up the prime unit and hooked it indoors. Had to extend perimeter to allow for 14' from tee to net and 9' from tee to the radar.

Also took it out to the range yesterday with android tablet connected via Bluetooth.

Used club comparison option of the software. I will post numbers and details this weekend.

Quick impression I have is:
    Works better outdoor with good tracking data about 80-85% of the time. Bad data was easy to recognize and be ignored. Did not give me any numbers for about 10-15% time(just the swing speed)

Indoor, I have limited space and probably don't swing good thinking about hitting the ceiling (only 8'). I am going to try it in a more open space this Saturday and hopefully get better results.

When you are not picking up data on the Flightscope, (only obtain data for swing speed only), your launch angle is too low to track ball data. In most cases you find that you launch angle is less than 7 degrees, i.e. worm burners. This is explained more fully in the Flightscope manual that is viewable on both the software and installation CD.

I have both the Prime and X2 Wireless launch monitors. The Prime is more compact but is more difficult to align and level the machine.
    www.engineeredgolf.ca

Pitching Wedge Crusty is on a distinguished road
    Hi fhann, what are your thoughts on the Prime versus the X2? I've been looking for an analyzer to use in a sim and as an accurate training tool, and have been offered a Prime which I'm considering. I've been told the difference between the two is negligible (excluding balancing and alignment). Were you still selling yours?

Space for the sim is under construction so I can build the room to suit the distances needed within reason.
    I also prefer the idea of hitting off a truestrike type mat, (compared to Protee options). The integration with E6 software is a bonus.

The GC2 is also on my wishlist but the price is a killer when bundled with software.

Hi Crusty:

I find very little if any difference in the outputs between the Prime and the X2. The X2 is much, much simpler to set up.

Yes, I would still consider selling the Prime unit. My personal email where I can be contacted is:

fhann@cogeco.ca
    www.engineeredgolf.ca

2 Iron DjPiLL is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by munish75 View Post
    I have another adjacent space which is W=8', H=9' and L=23'. But first 3 feet are raised by about 3 Inches. You think that will work better. I could use carpet or something to level out the 3" incline.

8' wide is really cutting it if it's only 8' with walls on both sides. I have just under 10' (maybe 9' and 8 or so inches) and it's tight with a driver. Doable, but tight.

Thread Information