CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Putter pmlisi1 is on a distinguished road

Post Projector Help!!!

New poster so here is some info. I am building a new fitting area in my off course shop. Have decided on Flightscope X2. They sent me a demo to play around with was very impressed. Huge upgrade over my old Vector Pro. Anyway am having an enclosure built by West Coast Netting. Dimensions are 14'W x 10'6H x 16'D. Going to have 1" netting on sides and top, then archery netting behind the screen. A denier polyester blackout netting will go over the entire enclosure. I've ordered a True Strike mat with a couple extra sections. Hitting screen is going to be 1' from the back of the enclosure so I'm thinking my throw distance is going to be 15'. Going to have 14' from tee to screen. Hitting screen is going to be 14'W x 10'4H. Also going to purchase e6 software. My question is what should I get for a projector and can I mount it safely on the top bar of the enclosure over the hitting area? I'm not opposed to spending $$ if I have to but I dont want to buy a 3k projector if a 1k will work just as well for what I am doing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Putter bstone is on a distinguished road
    I'm in the process of constructing my sim room now. I purchased the BenQ W7000 projector. Here is a review of it; http://www.projectorreviews.com/benq/w7000/index.php

Price is around $2,000.
    I really like it alot. Currently have the hit screen up and projector. Doing the electrical now. Puting in subfloor soon.

The projetor fills my screen 150" x 96". Very bright, and very good picture.

Putter pmlisi1 is on a distinguished road
    That projector looks really good but I don't know if it will work for my screen distance and throw distance. I used the projector calculator on projectorcentral.com and came up with these for my screen size:
    http://www.projectorcentral.com/part...014&pid_5=7016

Putter bstone is on a distinguished road
    Ya, mine is set at 20' away and covers a 145" wide screen. You might need a short throw projector. The Benq w1070 projector has a short throw, under $1000, and some guy on this forum just said it has a good and bright picture.

Thread Information