Thanks for the suggestions so far. I have so much crap in my garage that there's really no wall space to hang a screen on the wall so it has to be hung from the ceiling and 4-5' from the wall due to existing shelving. Hence the desire to have some sort of retractable screen. Other option is just using a normal retractable projector screen and have an impact net in front of it. I guess like the Golf Channel but not having a rear projector. Anyone project an image through an impact net? Is the shadowing really that bad?

SFR - What impact screen material are you using? I like the fact that you can store it and not have it wrinkle. I can simply do two ceiling rails and have the back the netting then the front the impact screen. Just add a few bungee cords to stretch it when in use. Currently looking at either 'PR-20 White' (8'4"x10') or 'Archery-W-Golf' (this one can be 10'x10' with no seams) screen material. About $150ish for either with web bound edging.

Also, can anyone tell me if this 'woven 7/8" netting' can be used as an impact net for real golf balls? I would like to avoid the possibly of the ball going through on a shank and damaging something in the garage. Thanks for any info.