100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    3 Iron bruthru is on a distinguished road

Looking for affordable indoor putting green.

I am exploring having a small putting area in front of mydriving matt and my impact screen. This putting area will be something like 9 x 9and the material will reside on concrete. I also like to use this surface to deaden the golfball bounce from the impact screen. If anyone thinks they might be able to helpme out I would appreciate it.

3 Iron HRS is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by bruthru View Post
    I am exploring having a small putting area in front of mydriving matt and my impact screen. This putting area will be something like 9 x 9and the material will reside on concrete. I also like to use this surface to deaden the golfball bounce from the impact screen. If anyone thinks they might be able to helpme out I would appreciate it.
    Many options from low pile industrial carpet to a Tour Links or similar setup. Do you plan to have holes cut in the ground or is it ok if raised off the floor?

HRS..... I like to have something similar to what people use with anoutdoors putting green. I use a country club elite hitting mate so somethingwith a similar height and roll would very good. I like to stay away from building a platform for the putting area if at all possible. This should give good cushionfor ball coming off the impact screen and would also give me an area topractice putting. I like to have some type of defined holes for putts but not arequirement. I guess an area that sells putting green remnants is an approach.Hoping to get ideas from what others have done and where they bought theirsolutions.

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    the speed is the important factor. Make sure they quote a speed and guarantee it. Then they know what they are talking about and care about the product.

Ace wbealsd is on a distinguished road
    I purchased my putting turf, which covers the area between the screen and the hitting mat, from Cory and it works great. I've got it rolled out with no carpet padding underneath on a concrete floor and it does a great job cushioning the ball.

After doing some research from earlier threads I decided to with a product from Turf Outlet. I leveraged the experience that mmlincon had with his putting turf and the service he had received. It offers good weight per oz, all nylon and rolls between 10-12.

http://www.turfoutlet.com/shop/to50b/

Thread Information