CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Sand Wedge Dawggolf is on a distinguished road

Gc2 vs flightscope x2. Help!!y

New to forum but been reading a ton for last month. Need help for my basement simulator. Room is 18ft by 27ft. Size not an issue. All my friends are right handed.

I talked to Cory at par2pro and he is very helpful no doubt and I plan on buYing from him.

Question is which is best for my application? I want accurate golf simulation above all else. Especially in range mode. What's the pros and cons in your eyes? Is the something else I should consider?

Thanks for your help in advance, I just hate to make a bad choice!

Bill

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    GC2 peroid. Read the GC2 threads and Flightscope/Trackman threads.

Oops. forgot about your last question. You might also want to consider a Protee or GGS PX5. They might not be as accurate as the GC2 but close to it. My choice is the Protee. Cheaper than GC2 and all the courses. New courses always free.

I might be able to do a GC2 VS Protee comparison(side by side) pretty soon...

Sand Wedge Dawggolf is on a distinguished road
    I have spent at least 40+ hours reading these forums. The flightscope info seemed somewhat limited (at least what I saw) but thanks for your help! But now you threw in a new wrinkle which makes me torn between protee and cg2.

In my setup I for sure want to have cameras set up to record my swing from behind and in front. Any of the software packages compatible with this or need to run a separate program?

I know it probably gets old answering people's questions all the time...but your knowledge and help is so helpful when spending 20k+ on a golf simulator. If anyone needs help in the cell phone arena (my business) I'm happy to help as well. I will also do a full review of whatever I buy so maybe it helps someone in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawggolf View Post
    In my setup I for sure want to have cameras set up to record my swing from behind and in front. Any of the software packages compatible with this or need to run a separate program?

I know it probably gets old answering people's questions all the time...but your knowledge and help is so helpful when spending 20k+ on a golf simulator. If anyone needs help in the cell phone arena (my business) I'm happy to help as well. I will also do a full review of whatever I buy so maybe it helps someone in the future.
    With Protee, you have to run a separate program. I use V1 Swing to capture my swings. The $35 version allows just one camera. There are other programs that might work better. We have a thread on video swing analysis: http://forum.ottawagolf.com/showthre...swing-analysis

I can run V1 Swing and Protee in windowed mode at the same time, side by side. It helps to have a wide 16:9 screen. This makes Protee slow down a bit on my AMD quad. The GC2 uses the same Red Chain software so it should be able do the same. CPA can verify this.

Asics
    Dawg,
    The GC2 and the Flightscope are both excellent products. I narrowed my search down to those two around a year ago and ultimately went with the GC2. For indoor use, the GC2 should provide a more accurate ball flight because of its spin measurement. Also, I don't think that putting is available on the X2. The driving range on the GC2's performance software is top notch. It's what I use most of the time. For me, the space requirement for the Flightscope was also problematic, although that would not be a concern with your setup. All that being said, the Flightscope does have advantages. It provides club data, which reviews seem to indictate is now as accurate as Trackman. Also, if you think you would ever like to take it to the range, the Flightscope will connect to an iPad and there is a pretty cool looking "skills" app for the X2 that should be great for practice. Both are great products and you can't go wrong with either one.

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    Yes I can use V1 at same time as GC2. Need to press windows button to escape Foresight software as it does not have minimise function.

GC2. You will never regret it. With mates playing buy the steel protector as well.

If you want club data, 3D!. Get a swingbyte at the discounted price quick, see the thread. Then we hope it is as accurate as we require after they fix the software.

Thread Information